Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs need a thread for chopped a custom 59-60 chevys and B.O.P.s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kustomd

kustomd

I've been looking for pics of chopped 59-60 chevys and other gm cars those same years and I haven't been able to find much. The old thread I had doesn't show hardly any of the pics any more so I thought I'd start a thread just for these body style cars that are Modified. Ugly or not.

Also if anyone has a better rear shot of the back of the orange 60 that shows the backglass please post it. I had one but I've manage to loose it somehow.

Attached Files:

2. kustomd

kustomd

Heres a very crappy attempt at photo chopping my car. this is about how much chop I want. My sedan roof is give or take a little 1.5" to 2" taller than a two door hardtop and 4dr hardtop.

So I'm thinking about doing a 3" chop that way it will still look chopped to anyone who knows my car and still be classy. Oh yea and the flat black is gonna be gone I figure 10years with it is long enough.

I figure to accomplish my chop I'm going to try and locate a 2dr hardtop windshield which should net me close to 2" then just recess the windshield an extra inch to give me close to a 3" chop. I have thought about doing a 4" chop which would bring down to the same height as a 2" chop on a 2dr hardtop like david guymon did on that 59 buick lesabre that he chopped in the march 01 issue of rod and custom.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  3. kustomd

kustomd

Heres another pic I found, that I think came from another thread. Anyone know if this car got finished I'd like to see a finished picture of it. or at least one where its all together.

Attached Files:

4. Rikster

Rikster

Burns Kustom City built this great looking 59 Chevy Chopped HT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken Leanard Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave Lindsay Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kustomd

kustomd

That 59 is drop dead beautiful!! I think there was another one built a while back that looked similar but was red and white if I remember correctly. I just can't remember for the life of me who's car it was.

6. kustomd

kustomd

I'd like my chevy to look similar to that syle of chop except I don't like the rear glass on my 4dr so I'm thinking about transplanting a back glass from something else. Kinda like the green primered 60 I posted the pic of. I want my car to have a mixture of more lead sled than a factoryish lookin kustom, but still sorta classy.

Kinda like havin a high maintanence super model girlfriend, or a good lookin chick that you can still mess her hair up and have a good time with.

I'd rather have the good time lol.

7. kustomd

kustomd

More pics

Attached Files:

8. kustomd

kustomd

anyone know what back glass was used in the chop on dan collins green oldsmobile?

9. Attached Files:

10. kustomd

kustomd

I wonder what back glass z used in that pink buick? kinda looks like a 64 impala 2dr hardtop rear window.

11. deto

deto

A guy I did side work for owned the copper one. Wonder if he sold it...

12. KustomD, from the article I linked with the photo:
    "John (Aiello) chopped 2 1/4 inches from the Buick's sweeping roofline, and reshaped the back to accept Mercury Capri rear glass."

13. basher

basher
    BANNED

Well for one thing Dan collins didn't build, chop or do anything to that car but buy it, claim it and resprayed it. The rear window is from a 72 maverick the front wheel wells are dropped 57 Lincoln

14. basher

basher
    BANNED

If I remember thevstory correctly the Burns bought or traded for the red and white one and redid it and sprayed it the colors you showed

15. SLAMED 59

SLAMED 59

[​IMG]
    great thread

Attached Files:

16. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

i love chopped cars & think most of them can stand to have at least a couple of inches hacked out of them... but not '59 & '60 cars. they just look so bad ass the way they are!! good luck with yours!

17. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Another view of this 4 door 60 .....

[​IMG]

18. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

I Love this thing!!!!!!!

19. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Agreed!.....Actually 59/60 hardtops and convertables are 1-1/2 lower than the sedans...although the orange one with the gold roof is bitchin!

20. SLAMED 59

SLAMED 59

7011.jpg

choped convertable im building

21. kustomd

kustomd

Thanks bullet nose I've been looking for a pic of that orange 60 that had a shot of the back glass in it. I know alot of folks don't like tinted windows on cars like that but I think it fits that car.

22. DanCollins

DanCollins

Yeah Basher, Maverick rear glass, and I never claimed to build it at any time, always gave credit to Kevan Sledge and Anthony from the Shifters. I was just lucky enough to find it rotting away in Hawaiian Gardens and buy it. I got it back on the road again and had a friend put Hydros under it, and I did a bunch of other little things like put interior back in it, change the wheels & tires, new exhaust, finished some of the body mods, rebuilt the trans, but that was all. I also gave Kevan first shot at buying it back from me when I sold it, and he did. And Jim and Jimmy Bruns got that chopped '59 Impala from Randy"Snake" after Randy torched it with his flamethrowers and decided he was over trying to bring it back from the dead, so they fixed it and finished it. It was red and white until it caught fire....Randy did the chop. Thanks for tryin to keep us honest...

23. kustomd

kustomd

Basher i NEVER said dan built the car either I just implied he owned it which he did.

24. kustomd

kustomd

damn guess its dead I gotta find some other pics.........

25. kustomd

kustomd

Not a 59 or 60 really but it has the roof off of one on it.... Maybellene. Winfields 61 cadillac.

Attached Files:

26. kustomd

kustomd

Btt I'm going to have to do some more searching for more pics. I'm suprised people haven't tried to chop sedans of this bodystyle more than just the pics of the orange one from across the pond.

impala59 likes this.
  27. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

That back glass just doesn't look good....sorry The bubble tops only look good with mild chops in my opinion.

28. basher

basher
    BANNED

I apologize to Dan or kustmd I guess I was mis informed by some people telling mr. Collins had claimed the build. So again just trying to keep it honest.Regardless it's nice to know that the car has stayed in the states and not overseas!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  29. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Here is the 60 Elky I got from Winfeild, chopped about 5 inches, the a pillars are now going straight down and the back window is 3 piece, the finns have been rolled in at the back like a 58 Chev, the plate has been tunneled and the tail lights aswell. In the pix the front tires are flat but don't worry it will be sitting right with the ass drag'in real soon. Von Doc

Attached Files:

30. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Attached below is a rendering I did several years ago of a 59 Impala, it was chopped with front post straightned for one-piece glass, hard topped (Hirohata Style), 59 Caddy side mouldings with full hinged quarter panel skirts. Rear window is s-10 pick-up windsheild. The owner lost interest and maybe it will get finished one day.

Attached Files: