Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Melzo, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Your right! These complete old vintage classics still have plenty of soul.. But, it's his ride.. Maybe one of these days, it'll all sink in if he did the right thing with it or not....

2. Deuces

Deuces

Your welcome little man! :)

3. flynstone

flynstone

sell it and buy a coupe or a two door, if your gonna drop it way down the back door probably wont open any ways,,,,you can sell it for enough where you can get juice brakes..........good deal anyway you look at it...................hotrod95.....wow if only there were more 14 year olds like you..........

4. Hand me the torch, I'll cut it, its your ride, do with it what you may! Cost your home or damn near it to restore it, sell the chitty chitty on e-gay, and the bang bang on CL, to someone with the cash and another A-bone to restore thiers. Your happy, and someone else has a restored, recycled Model A, and there happy too. What the problem is.

5. Suggestions for something diffrent, no 20" wheels, dont power it with a SBC, and dont chop the top, dont go with satin black body-red wheels, just a start. And dont make it a gas-electric hybrid. Not real HAMB friendly.

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

As long as you dont rat-rod it, I'm cool with loosing the fenders.

7. bigmitch

bigmitch

sell it,, make some$$$$$,,keep the 51

8. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Up here, that car would be worth ten times that, but I'd still do what I wanted to do with it.........matter of fact, I have!

9. busch

busch

Cut it, Chop it, Drop it, Chris make the Car what you want good luck

10. kookee

kookee

Chop it, remove all the fenders, and blend in with the crowd.

Why not rod it, but keep the fenders? It seems rare anymore to see an early 30's Furd with fenders. Hell, redo the trunk so you can store your swap meet finds!

11. chopt49

chopt49

Chris want to make a profit? Sell it to me.... PM me.

Trailer is hooked up and ready.

12. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

No shit.

Another "No shit".

I think it was Dick Dean, when asked why he would chop a restored car replied something to the effect of "Why not? It's easier to start with a good car than it is an old rusty one".

And don't most rodders advocate starting with the best car you can find?

13. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

If you didn't want everyone's opinion on what you should do to your ride, you never should have made this thread.......it's your car, you got it for a great price, take the axe to it if you want, run a banger if you want, throw a flatty in it if you want, throw a sbc in it if you want. It's up to you what you do, no one is twisting your arm. Build it and drive the shit out of it........my .02.

14. teddyp

teddyp

do what you want if it,s a car you always wanted cut it put the drive train that you like in it and drive the shit out of it. me i like 49-52 chevy,s so i would sell it and finish that coupe. but hey that could be a cool ride most of all have fun with it

15. A flathead V8 hyd brakes,don'nt paint, it drive the nuts off it and enjoy it.
    You could get 5 friends and they could share the gas and have a ball.
    You can allways get a clapped out body and make a turd rod out of it.

16. fenian65

fenian65

sell the parts that you dont need and fund the build you want..or it will end up in some assholes collection never to see the light of day or rusting in some feild to be restored 'someday'........................my 2 pesos

17. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

[​IMG]
    It would be nice to see a Hot Rod with fenders though

18. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

I DID want opinions, just not all the same ones!

19. metalix_421

metalix_421

its your car it doesnt matter what other people think of it as long as its to your liking keep us updated with your build either way you go

20. woodman

woodman

Throw all those opinions out the window and do it your way. Who the hell wants to drive a hot rod that must be politically correct in others eyes.

21. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Well, now you have both. Some say do and some say don't. It is your car, do what you want and don't whine when everyone doesn't agree. I subscribe to the do what you want but don't do anything that can't be changed if you "outgrow" what you've done.

For a "G" you stole it. Sell it and finish the coupe man!:D

22. The shit's for sale in the classifieds because he is "...going to ratrod it..." or so says the add.

23. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

if it were mine id restore, looks to be complete. but u got it fo a grand. id turn it see if you can make some money off it. then buy a body that would be a better candiadate for a fenderless hot rod. if you make a couple bucks off of it. find a body. you got some funds and u saved your self some extra work having to tear down a complete car. id be interested in some of the parts off it though!

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think your seeing the backlash to ALL of the fenderless chopped dropped double z'd Model A sedans that have been built in the last ten years. I'm personally a coupe, pick up and roadster guy, so I wouldn't even consider a 4 door sedan to build as a hot rod. Fenderless sedans IN MY OPINION chopped and channeled are not good looking cars. If that is what your into, do it! But what allot of the guys here seem to be telling you is that you have a good opportunity to make a bit of cash, then go buy up one of the hundreds of still born projects of the type you describe that are out there today. Then you are in a better position to put money into your dream car, might have some of the nasty work already done for you, and go out and prove my prejudice about fenderless four doors wrong! Not that that matters...

25. I've seen so many cars that looked like that, then the guy rips the fenders and boards off, half chops it, makes it worthless, then looses interest or something new comes along and it's pretty much only good for parts. As long as it don't end up like that I'd say do what you want.

For what it's worth blind back sedans are rare. Ugly, but rare.

26. Interesting thread.... This kinda strikes a chord as I recently picked up a 29 coupe which had been restored about 40 years ago. Incredibly original, not a patch panel on it. paint is checked a bit but runs like a champ. I bought it figuring that I'd rod it and that it would be great to start with something that took less work. Got it home, been checking it out for the last couple weeks, driving it and I don't think I can do it. Still in the waiting, thinking stage, but this thread adds fuel to the fire.
    I love hearing all the opinions. Keep 'em coming.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Chris just hit the nail on the head. I think you have a bunch of guys giving you opinions based on what we see going on around us, or possibly 20/20 hind sight.

28. Diavolo

Diavolo

I congratulate you on your awesome purchase. It's your car, but I am of the "it's too nice to chop, make money on it and get someone else's project that is already hacked up." crowd.

Very few pieces of history, especially that can be that close to restoration. If I could find a restorer and it was mine, I would sell it and get a project to hack up (in the best possible way, of course!)

29. mattfink

mattfink

Couldn't have said it better, Give it to a restorer and buy another one WTF???

30. Chris, congrats on finding a great car to rod. as this is a hot rod site and restoring is dead boring, cut that sucker and make it yours. i like your plans for it. keep us informed with lots of pics.