Register now to get rid of these ads!

four wheel drive question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '29jalopy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. '29jalopy

'29jalopy
    from H.B. Ca.

i've got a modification idea i keep kicking around while i brake down this '29 wagon . i'd like to keep it's original four cylinder because it belongs in there but i've got some parts from this willys jeep laying around and thought it'd be useful to throw them in this station wagon. any ideas on a four wheel drive model A station wagon , namely the original '29 four cylinder to a t90/dana18 and all the jeep running gear that goes with it.

2. KIRK

KIRK

For some reason I think this is going to be good.

3. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

In theory I think it could be pretty cool on a full-fendered car. In practice, though, the front of the car will probably have to sit real high, and will end up looking kinda goofy.

4. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I think it would be pretty cool. Go for it :)

5. NVScouter

NVScouter

One way to keep it a bit lower may be to use a 2WD tranny and a divorced T-case. Then you can move it back and use longer driveshafts with less angle. This will also let you keep the tranny tunnel fairly close to stock and hang the T-case a bit lower.

That being said I dunno about the end stance. Your engine loses power to the transmission that loses power to the T-case that loses power to the rear end. More parts=more drag=more HP needed to keep it the same. How much is that 4banger going to need to keep you happy?

6. Did ford make a wagon in '29?

Ya know I got a Willys Overland that sits pretty high stock. I don't post it because even though its was rodded (I use the term loosley) originally in the '60s its just not a traditional rod. Uh do ya catch my drift?

Anyway back to my original question, did Ford make a wagon in '29?