Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Melzo, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

Just picked up this 29 Model A fordor for 1000 bux.Its a pretty complete car and my plans are to lose the fenders and running boards, z up the frame front and rear, etc, etc. What are the parts Im not going to use worth? The cars in really good shape and Im looking to get rid of the fenders, running boards, engine, front and rear suspension, wheels, rear frame extension with the "suitcase". I'll put an ad in the classifieds, also. Im stoked and will probably sell my 51 to fund the build.

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      480.4 KB
      Views:
    • a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      482 KB
      Views:
    • a4.JPG
      a4.JPG
      File size:
      109.4 KB
      Views:
    • a5.JPG
      a5.JPG
      File size:
      116.9 KB
      Views:
    • a7.JPG
      a7.JPG
      File size:
      114.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Why not just restore it??....

3. wethebmx

wethebmx
    from walnut, ca

ya, what he said. thats to nice to destroy. sell it and by a project to hack

4. Deuces

Deuces

........... Or in pieces........

5. chevyshack

chevyshack

Its your car but everyone chops and drops them. Pretty soon there will be no more stockers running around.

6. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

Anyone with a different opinion? I'm not into the chitty chitty bang bang look, or the restored look. Thanks though.

7. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Pretty much intact w/its luggage 'trunk' ,too. Not that easy to find like that any more and the 1st thing someone wants to do is hack it. Sorry,I like the hot rod scene and such,just tired of seeing non-basket cases being changed-as they say 'original only once'. Besides,without the fenders and boards the look is all gone.
    Now here come the "they're a dime a dozen" comments.

8. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

If its what I like, its what I like, right? Is there ANYONE here that likes the fenderless look I like, . . . .ANYONE!? Or is this just going to be one of those unbelievably redundant threads. Horseshit.

9. Deuces

Deuces

That's why I'm saving this thread..... To see where it goes.. Hey Chris. You should really look at that car as a time capsule. Sit on it for a while before you decide to rip it all apart...

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its your car , but its also all there and with optional travel trunk seems like bad karma to hack it into a rod , when you could move it to a restorer for some dough and find a hacked car to make a rod out of

11. he said "redundant", probably will!:rolleyes::D

12. Super04duty

Super04duty

^^Truth.

I had plans to hack up my Dodge. Once I got it in the driveway and washed up and stared at it for a few weeks, I just couldnt do it..its too complete and original.

The '57 on the other hand... thats a different story...

13. chevyshack

chevyshack

Id like to think where all hot rodders here and would agree to chop it up if someone already started screwing it up or was in bad shape to start. Its just you have some history sitting there that will probally be worth more like it is then after you cut it up. I hate stock restored cars but even i wouldnt be able to hack it up.

14. Deuces

Deuces

Fully restored with a couple of Chicago typewriters on the back seat....................... Priceless! :D

15. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

For what it's worth, I see it as a kick-ass family cruiser. My preferred method would be a hiboy on a Deuce chassis. Lots of clever ways to do this; recycling the unneeded stuff (A chassis, fenders, etc.) might make the hit for a different chassis easier to swing.

Make sure you plan before acting; it saves money and improves the chances of success.

16. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I thought this was a hot rod site. Fuck restoring it. Hot rod that thing.

17. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Haha. I'm 14. And even I know. This isn't only a hotrod site! This site represents all the old tin that was made! And it represents makin it kool. Not takin a buety like that and then cutting it all up because you think its kool. why not have someone else buy it for a little more then you spent (stupid to tell people how much you bought it for in my oppinion) and then buy a half hotroded one/torn up one and take the extra money and build that?!?!?! Believe me. I LOVE hotrods. But I wouldnt dare touch a car like that. Heck if a thought of cutting it popped into my head I would told em to save it for someone who will restore it... But hey. I'm a 14 year old. who cares.

18. I think 90% of the guys on here will hear/read your plans and think "Wow. ANOTHER fenderless, Z'd A sedan." Sorry, it seems how all the A sedans are ending up.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is there anyone here that isn't aware of the fact that there are litterly thousands of Model A's around that have been restored? If not, welcome to reality. This one is no where near perfect and it will cost more to restore it than build a traditional av8 for example. It's a 4dr so the desirability is lower but a really cool hot rod can still emerge from this beginning. This can be accomplished without making it into a piece of shit rat rod in case that's the direction everyone envisioned for it's future.
    I'm probably pissing into the wind but i want to know where the creative juices that define a true hot rodder are hiding...................they definitely are getting to be a rare commodity on this board.

20. paintcan54

paintcan54

I think you got one hell of a deal. Now sit back and take in what everybody has said, and do what you like it is your car. But think about turning it over for more cash and find one already started on like you would want. It would be a shame to cut up one that nice, JMO.

21. Deuces

Deuces

Hey! I like the way you think little guy.... :D :)

22. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Rod it. Sell the trunk, fenders, motor, etc to a restorer.

23. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

anybody can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut one up

24. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

You do what ever you want with it good luck.

25. sobpunx

sobpunx

cut it up, make it yours

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fab32 is right...thousands of restored Model As out there...no chance of "losing our history" in that regard. And the pieces that wouldn't be used will go toward another restoration...no problem. And as far as too many hot rod fenderless sedans...yeah, there's one on every street in every town...just can't seem to get away from them. LOL. Congratulations Chris, and good luck with your hot rod project.

27. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

For a g-note you stole it. Flip it for more coin. Then buy a project that someone is sick of & make that one yours. I have to agree with most of the posters... it's only original once. JMHO

28. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Why thank you :D:D

29. Hand me the torch. :D

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Further........... If you want an old restored car, rod this one and restore the next one. Model A projects're still a dime a dozen!:D