Register now to get rid of these ads!

hotroded's mini bike race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarg

smarg

Now this is a Mini Bike.......[​IMG]

2. GuyW

GuyW

All other things being equal, this will accelerate much slower than a conventional minibike...

3. smarg

smarg

Thanks for the encouraging words, that being said It will Definitely Look Good In its slowness.

Smarg

4. that is a cool gas tank support too is it from sears

5. Hey well we had some fun at the 2nd minibike race here on long island.
    it was a small track this time so there wasn't a chance that some people would get up to top speed and wreck I being one of them.
    There are some videos on my you tube site HOTRODED108.
    I will try too link them here I also have a few pictures too.

I am looking into having another event around september 17, so if you got a vintage minibike and want to have fun pm me or keep an eye out for this thread .

Attached Files:

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That brings back memories. A few of us bought Honda Mini Trails when they first came out in the early 70s. One thing led to another and we all ended up hot rodding them. I made intake manifolds for them that adapted the 65 carb to the 50 engine. I used a copper tubing elbow brazed to hand cut steel plates. It got real competitive. We were swapping cams and building headers. I bought a used trail 70 later and built a new frame for it. They both were lost in a garage fire.

At least we raced on grass. I did break my left big toe when I tried to cross a foot bridge and ran into a 4X4 post with my foot still on the peg.

Be careful. We started with Mini trails and worked our way up to 250 motorcross bikes beating the sand and gravel pits. It's a disease that grows on you. We look back and think we must have been nuts. I'm still amazed at some of the stuff that we did with those bikes.

7. Awesome!

I can't believe the HAMB police haven't jumped in to spoil your fun! LOL. The last minibike thread I read they were jumping all over people for not being safe.

Keep up the illegal mini bike activity!!!!

Watch for video from our 2nd annual mini bike race coming up on Aug 14th here in WI!

8. i completely understand i'm starting to neglect my cars cause of all the fun i'm having .
    Oh and cliff the real illegal thing here is the fact that we are using abbandoned parking lots . we all have helmet and pants and gloves and we are not racing through the traffic .
    But i'm open fror just about anything so to speeak some dirt would be really cool, but you have to take what you can get .

9. When is the cannonball run race from your abandoned parking lot to the local drive-in for a sno-cone and back?

10. No drive ins where we are.
    We did have acouple guys in the first race drive about 1/4 mile to dutchman tatoo and I taped a card to the window so the first one back won 20.bucks.
    Also on last saturday my neighbor who never rode a minibike before he and I ripped up the streets in my neighborhood for like 30 minutes and we were cranking nobody complained and no cops so we got lucky.
    I think that was the greatest part growing up in nyc area ripping through the streets trying not to get busted by the cops cause they would always take your bike and give it to there kids and write your name down and tell your parents.
    Bastards. I remember in the mid 70's always seeing the cops when they caught somebody they would drive through the hood and let everybody see that they got 1 in the back to scare us it never worked.

11. What is the front brake?

12. smarg

smarg

Its a smaller drum brake, Push-Pull Style really simple.

13. smarg

smarg

Its off of a Daelim, they came off of 80's and early 90's small street bikes and even Mo-peds.... Its a 17in. rim which is very uncommon, but for a mini bike it works.

It was a little difficult finding that set up, but its worked out really great.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  14. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Dude thats awesome! I got a old rupp, the pull cord broke a few years ago! This is a great excuse to fix it! please let me know if you do it again! later matt

15. Well get it running I will have one in sept and possibly oct to pm me with your phone number

16. Ok I'm going to try 1 more time to have a race/rally in bohiemia long island.
    August 22nd 9 am, the day after the rumblers show in brooklyn.
    Same rules as before
    Helmet,gloves,pants,shirt,
    Vintage style mini bikes only no dirt bikes,no transmission bikes.
    Vintage bicycles with 2strokes aloud we will race separate more to come thanks

17. Unfortunitly the aug 22nd minibike event will NOT be held in bohiemia it will be held in garden city that same morning. Our plan of the super speedway came to a halt I will be looking for another place. But for now the 22nd race is in garden city. Sorry hotroded
    Pm me with questions or for directions

18. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Hey Ed, still on for the 22nd? Zeckendorf blvd, by fortunoff?

19. Ok stÍll on for sunday 22nd at fortuneoffs clearence center 9 am sharp. Will have to run the lil indian blew the motor today on my orange bike dam.

20. simon g-s

simon g-s

Yet anotherway to have fun and hurt yourself. Got a Big block briggs motor looking for a project. Those older style mini bikes were not availiable in Uk so will need to rustle one up, anyone got some plans ?? Sure, I could work something out but prefer to be right first time these days.
    Cheers guys.

21. Keep you posted.
    I will be at the rumblers in brooklyn saturday if anybody is interested or has a place to race. Or just want to stop by for some strawberry or lemon chello rite next to tom with jack hahaha

22. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Thanks Ed, we had a great time, we have been looking for new venues!

23. Well we had rain sunday but a few of us still got to ride between the rain drops.
    I'm going to try to have 1 more rally in october

Attached Files:

24. nice bike's guys i know this is an old post but i love what your doing

25. well its just to dam cold to race now, plus everytime I strike up a date to have a rally it snows so I have chosen to wait til the warmer weather for more riding.
    we have a place on long island and we just found a place in the middle of long island, and we are waiting to get another super speedway location.
    so till the spring all we can do is build them and get them ready for the spring.
    I am hoping to find out if there is going to be racing at the lone star round up this year, heard it might be on hold cause of the girl who got injured last year.
    Hope she's ok, she was winning when took the fall. maybe that will inspire her to try it again ! see ya in texas or the spring hahahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.