Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm Visiting -Lake Norman N.C ( Question)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Jul 6, 2010.

1. I'll be there 1st week August

* What are some places to ; Visit , Eat, Shop, Cruise Nights, etc ?

( I'll be in Denver, North Carolina just off Rt16 )

2. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

4. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

Fat Man Fabrications, Dennis Carpenter, Charlotte Rod and Custom, Nascar Hall of Fame

5. Anyone from the Lake Norman area on HAMB ?

6. Lucky3

Lucky3

I think they call themselves HAMBSCAR in the Charlotte area !!

Kinda like NASCAR but different....

7. Ebert

Ebert

Great advice, Denise. Please make sure you introduce yourself to Kyle and Stacy....AWESOME people. There are a zillion cool NASCAR shops in the area (check out addresses at www.jayski.com) and I believe Mike Waltrip's shop in right of I-77 in Cornelius which I believe should be close to you. A lot of hot rodders in the NASCAR shops! Have fun!

PS Denise...got your front door canopy done yet? Pics? Miss you!

8. Come by our shop night in Concord on Wednesday's. We are super easy to find. Get in touch with myself or any of the Iron Lords. Also, Shawn M from here comes from that area every Wednesday. Maybe you could follow him out.

How 'bout bringing some strawberry muffins from Eat-N-Park for a fellow Pennsylvanian??

BloodyKnuckles

9. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Tour the neighborhood. A lot of the Nascar big boys live on Lake Norman.

10. Alright...I know this may sound wierd, and some N.C.'ers may not agree, but there is/was a Chinese food restaurant in a little strip mall in Denver that was AMAZING! It may or may not have been a laundramat at one time. Golden Dragon or some such. Ate there like two or three years ago when we lived in Mooresville for a spell. Just my experience.

Y'know what.....just go to the Penguin in Charlotte. It's definitly worth the trip.

11. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

Dont miss Puckets Farm Equipment Very low key bar that is cool as hell.

12. Any Cruise Nights in the area?

13. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

hope you got out ok !

14. First Saturday of the month is always the Mooresville Cruise-in. Always worth the trip. I will more than likely be there myself. Of course if you manage to squeak out another week, there is the cruise-in in Kannapolis the second Saturday. That is practically in Bloody Knuckles and mine(s?) back yard. And as he said, be sure and see about a trip to the Iron Lords shop, well worth it.