Register now to get rid of these ads!

Independence Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Ryan,,,,I am so glad that I found this site when I did. Even us old guys find solice here. Thanks buddy and may only the best come to you and yours. We hope to see you at the HAMB drags again this year.

Brian

2. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Thank YOU Ryan! Thanks for taking a leap of faith and for pushing that Green button! I've made some amazing friends thanks to you and the HAMB, and thanks to the Friday Art Show, I've had the opportunity to share my art with the hot rod world. You're a top notch guy, and, thanks again! I'm a 2nd year alliance member and plan to continue renewing my membership!

Todd

3. racer756

racer756

Ryan,

I just re upped my Alliance membership, and I have to tell you that this is the best money I spend on an annual basis. God Bless you and your family.

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love it here! The H.A.M.B. and this country!!!

5. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Nice story ryan, thanks for posting it. I want to thank YOU for all that YOU have done for us. I hated forums, and hopped on here because of all the HAMB shirts I'd seen at shows, and I don't have a single complaint. When I get frustrated, I come here for relief. When I get overwhelmed, I come here for motivation. When I get stumped, I come here for answers. And everytime I come here, I find what I'm looking for, and then some. You have created something that is more than special, you have created something that will be remembered in history. You helped bring hot rodding into the modern world without adulterating it. Well done. We all love the damn country, and it is one hell of a country. Happy independence day.

6. draginsteel

draginsteel

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Thank you, Ryan and Marcy for doing all this. The HAMB has been instrumental in my part of this hobby, but even more, the huge outpouring of support I received while dealing with brain cancer was astounding! I'm still catching up on things around here, and it would've been harder without this place.
    I'm sure glad you took that leap of faith! I owe you big!

John

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

9. Ryan,,sorry I kinda jumped the gun with my post a week or so ago about the Alliance being 5 years old,,,but I think the Hamb members as a whole,not just the Alliance Members, appreciate everything you have done to make the Atomic Industry brand the best internet sites on the planet.

Your leap of faith to fulfill your dream has been beneficial to myself along with countless other Alliance Members,,,I have received more in return than the price of admission.

Thank you,HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486158

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  10. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Like HOTRODPRIMER, I've been an Alliance member since its inception. I can't imagine getting more bang for for my $50! The H.A.M.B. is a daily enjoyment that connects me to so many other gearheads throughout the world, not just here in the good old US of A.

THANK YOU Ryan, for providing such a true gift to all of us die hard traditionalists.

11. Thank you Ryan for doing what you did!

Thats a very surprising choice for a title photo BTW...

12. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

A great Fourth of July loooong weekend! The woodie didn't overheat once despite 95+ F temps. here in New England.

[​IMG]

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

During the year and a half I spent in Chemo,2 coma's,battling my ass off fighting Leukemia,one of the bright spots was reading the HAMB.Checking in everyday to see what you were thinking,paging through the classifieds,and Googling everything hot rod,kept me sane.A life threatening illness changes your perspective,but one thing it didn't change was my love for the HAMB.And just because most of us don't post very much doesn't mean we're not lurking 4 or 5 times a day.Keep up the good work,we appreciate it.

14. Yes,

Thanks for your hard work on this site and JJ. I myself am self employed in the web world and know what it takes to keep this machine rolling. Thanks for giving us a place to lurk!

15. amitygravel

amitygravel

Ryan , THANK YOU !! I don't know how I happened on Jalopy Journal and the rest of the forums but I'm damn glad I did. The work you do here is flat out amazing. I've learned so much and been very entertained by the forums the past months and look forward to what's ahead.

16. Been outta town and outta the loop most of the weekend. Congrats and thanks to Ryan, our country and all of you guys. I spent the weekend with our 3 year old, fireworks, a small town parade he got to ride in. Pretty fine weekend capped off with a crate of 50s HRMs my inlaws gave me.

17. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Here's to independence...and a giant set of balls to jump off the cliff

18. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

I'm in, after awhile in the weeds I joined the Alliance. Thank you Ryan for your hard work and good luck to the future.

19. bigm

bigm
    from Orange, CA

Great 4th of July message, you're living the American dream. Much success in the days to come.
    I did the same thing. Quit a great gig at an ad agency and started my own design studio. Had a great 15 years doing that, even though I didn't take a pay check for the first 6 months. Total of 35 years in the biz, loved having a job I really enjoyed going to work every morning. Just like you.