Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Bob Giovanine Talks 1925 Chev 4 Bangers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Curt Giovanine gave me permission to post this footage shot in 1990 by Curt's brother-in-law while Bob is talking about what he did with his race engine in the late 40s. Most of those engine parts are from the original roadster. Curt bought the lot from Duane Steele who originally Traded a milling machine for Bob's race engine around 1952. Curt still has the Mill. The front timing cover and Jewett oil pump assembly along with the intake manifold with dual Winfield carbs are from the Schenck Streamliner and will be on the restored Schenck Streamliner.

Enjoy!!!

Cheers
    Jimmy

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Jimmy,

Great info- many thanks to you and Curt Giovanine!

3. Wow, that certainly is impressive. Thanks for sharing that with us.

4. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

I love these old vids! Thanks for posting.

5. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the insight on how one of our forefathers managed to extract so much horsepower from these little engines.

Truely amazing

7. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for posting these videos Jimmy! I haven't seen them yet, but they are bookmarked so I can watch them after work :)

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Thank you very much. Amazing stash of historic stuff in those videos. I wish a Pt. 3 with some head and intake info would show up. But this is great.

9. Yup- would love to see some pics/video of the restoration of the engine!

10. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Very very cool. Thanks for posting.

11. kookee

kookee

Very cool! Wow, where you guys run into these interesting folks or simply obtian such useful but scarse information simply amazes me.

Thank you for your time and sharing the information.

12. That is a great clip I posted that once before here is more footage from '48

Bob Giovanine hasn't had the recognition he deserves most people still think/believe that engine was the one from Rufi's streamliner it wasn't Bob built his own engine up Rufi shared what he had learnt from Ralph and also what he had learnt himself.

The '48 engine had over 150hp and fastest one way speed was 127mph. In 49 they ran 135.13mph with Hallock injection and ram tubes.

The engine in the 557 roadster has 250+ hp but it has little in common with the engine from the 40s.

No worries Sondre.

I wish he had talked about the head mods and unfortunately there is no more video as far as I know.

Which one? The one in 557 or the late 40s engine?

No worries Bobby. I hope it gives you some inspiration to build a engine for that 3-port you have :D

No worries glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  13. ...

14. kisam

kisam

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Makes me look at my 27 Chevy with different eyes!

15. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Jimmy B, I just went back here to watch it again and it was gone. Could you please try to restore it? Please?

dudley32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Thank you Jimmy. Both Jimmies. Funny thing I'm wearing my old warn out Jimmy Shine T-shirt today.

Stovebolt likes this.