Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats a guy to say ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kdtjb, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 35hotrod

35hotrod
    from Duvall, WA

What's creative about a SBF or BBF? If you don't like SBC's why would you ask such a stupid question in the first place? Trying to remove all doubt about your questionable intelligence? Just want to get somebody's goat? What's the point? To prove to all what an authority you are on the subject of coolness? If I'm looking at your car and see something I don't like I will usually look harder to find something I DO like or just move on.
    I especially get tired of the "Ford in a Ford" crap. What the hell is so creative or great about a low cost modern day foreign built crate engine with a distributor in the front in an old Ford? The SBC swap came about in the mid 50's because it was a great choice for hot rodders and is as "traditional" as many other choices. I wonder if there were guys running around in the 40's saying "Geez, not another flathead!"
    Yep, I've got a SBC in my 35 Ford. Couldn't give 2 shits about what the naysayers think. If you want to put a 302 in your vintage Chev or Buick or whatever I say more power to ya. I won't ask why although I may be interested in how.

2. The HAMB is not limited to a certain year (that I know of) as long as it is within reason (you know what I mean...this isn't a muscle car board). Only the classifieds are 64 and older.

Picking only Chevy OR Ford OR Mopar exclusively is rediculus and clearly reserved for the playground. Anyone who cannot find benefit in another machine lives with some serious horse blinders on. Would you not cross makes if it concerned taillights? Headlights (buckets, mounts, etc.)?

I'll pick an example.

Flatheads: Yes they pretty much are the coolest. What I hate is when some cat starts preaching that using a chevy or mopar is any less hot rod. How? You clearly made the step to gain horsepower. You still have to order parts from someone else. I hate when someone thinks that just cause he has a flathead, even though he most likely ordered parts and had someone else machine his mill, he is Barney Navarro or Ed Iskenderian!

Same goes with the Chevy crowd and Mopar crowd. People really need to quit caring THAT much about what others think. All that matters is your taste and budget.

Rant over. You can now picture me as Peter Griffin saying, "That's what grinds my gears."

(steps off of soapbox)

3. 4d

4d
    from Pa.

It's kinda funny. A Chevy person can't understand why some people have a comment on Chevy in a Ford. And that same person walks up to this Blue and white Chevy truck, looks under the hood at a 360 Mopar and makes a comment very similar to the comment that they were complaining about. You can't please everyone, so why try. Be happy. Satisfy yourself. I'm not hooked on apple pie 'cause it's popular, it's 'cause I like it and I'm gonna eat it. A good 4th to all

Attached Files:

4. shoveled71

shoveled71

You should just drop your head in shame and say, I know. Spike

5. Well, I probably would not respond to the rude comment from someone who most likely is not much of a traditional hot rodder, at least not as it was practiced in the early ‘60s.

I do not remember anyone in my northern Calif town ever putting an ohv SBF in an early Ford in the 60s. A SBC was the normal engine swap back then. Flatheads were getting tired and SBC’s fit nicely, had plenty of power, and did not cost too much. An ohv Ford swap was not worth the trouble. Other GM ohv motors got some attention, but not much. I recall only one swap for a Ford in a Ford, and I think it was an earlier swap than 1960. It was for a 292 or 312 in a pair of maroon ’36 Ford PU’s owned by two brothers running a gas station. About the only Ford in a Ford rods were those that still had a flathead, and they were a disappearing breed by 1965. There is nothing wrong about putting a SBC in a traditional Ford hot rod.

6. motorhed

motorhed
    from Australia

I have a buick (Holden in Oz) in my ford, and its a V6!! I get a few comments, and invariably they're from wankers who drive their wive's grocery cars. There's no shortage of losers being the pro commentator. Mostly, they comment because they're losers. Just point them to the nearest lolly shop.

7. big robbowski

big robbowski

"I built it Ford tough. With Chevy stuff."

8. Who's name is on the title?

9. Well . . . this thread kept us all busy for 3 days :eek:

10. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I'd probably say what you'd want to say, hell with impolite. Ask them "Did I build this car for YOU"? "I didn't think so!"

Or just tell them "To go pound sand in there a%@es until diamonds fall out"

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Needs a touch more of who gives two shits, what do you think?:D

12. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Alot of funny stuff here,:D I'd ask where there wifes honda is that they drove here.:D Next time tell them to save up there pennies and maybe they too can buy a 40 coup and put a ford in it and leave it at that......:eek:

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

HEHEHE[​IMG]
    Is this OT? Yup, thats why I dont post it here, usually. This is a 351 w stroked to 427, has a c6 2500 stall behind it, dyno tested at 500 hp, I had the choice between an sbc or this, I didnt want to listen to the BS about a Chevy in my Ford, so I chose this, I still get crap about it because its not a flatty, who gives a rats ass. I would show you more but this truck is OT, it has billet on it and a mustang 2, there fore it is not suitable for the HAMB, it is a streetrod, not a hot rod.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  14. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Is this your car...looks good....if its yours there is nothing Traditional about it its a Street rod you have there. Now this info came from your own reply....But I do dig the chains gives it that home made touch......:eek:

15. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

I wouls tell them to mind their own stupid business.

16. kdtjb

kdtjb
    from Idaho

Jason,
    as a matter of fact I could do that. You see I'm not just a chevy guy, or a 40 ford guy, my sickness has progressed to full car guy stage. I like them all.

Attached Files:

17. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

While I'm a "Ford in a Ford" guy, its your money and time and none of my business. There are alot of nice cars out there. I do get a chuckle out of the "cross dresser" sbc's with the Ford valve covers.

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Boneyardratz, thats absolutely correct, this is a streetrod engine, not a trad, I even have AC, and look at all that shitty billet, The fact of the matter is, if you have had cars for 30 plus years you really could give a cool cat f%ck less what any one else thinks about it, I put a hemi just like kdjtb has there in a 70 mustang, all I got back was what a waste of a hemi and hey assh%le you put in the wrong hemi. Just make yourself happy, offer rides and slam the door on their fingers and line em up and run em. Tell them to pull their shit around and present some presidents and zip up their fly cause theyre attractin cats.

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Francisco Plumbero thats a good one. like you said line em up and run em..... I put Chevy motors in all my cars I have a freind that is stright up ford man, he tells me there is a place in hell for me. I just laugh and tell him I'll save him a spot...

20. 1320/150

1320/150

your right dude, a 283 looks nothing like a 350!!

21. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

I usually ask "What's in YOUR T-bucket?" "Oh, you don't HAVE one...?"

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      141.1 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      169.9 KB
      Views:
  22. silent rick

silent rick

whenever i see a sbc in a ford, i ask myself what's wrong with the car it came out of? are chevies really that damn ugly that all they're worthy of is a powerplant donor for a much better looking ford?

23. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

A lot of people can't afford anything more than a Chevy. It's the way thing are in this Obama economy. Bill

24. Mercchev

Mercchev

"It took a hell of a lot of bodywork to make this Monte Carlo look like a 40 Ford."

25. Fenders

Fenders

who gives a shit?

26. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Now that's funny!

27. 41PICUP

41PICUP

It's a 'fifties style' hot rod, and Y blocks were not cool !!

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I had a friend who was a golden gloves champ years ago and he continued to assert his opinon long after it was fashionable. When confronted with the SBC controversy he would simply tell the guy that his wife didn't complain about the engine the last time he picked her up in a bar and she sure didn't complain about the motel stay later. On a few occasions this led to the predictable physical encounter and as I recall he never lost one of those bouts. He ran oval track and drag races with every car having a Chevrolet engine.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.