Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats a guy to say ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kdtjb, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39 Ford

39 Ford

MY CAR
    MY MONEY
    MY WAY
    F--K Y-U is optional.

2. James Curl

James Curl

I have a friend with a 40 Ford Coupe that he bought with a SBC, if he had built it would have a big block Ford like all of his and his sons other cars. He made an adapter to use Shelby Cobra aftermarket valve covers like the ones used on the 289s. People walk by at car shows and look under the hood and stand there for a few minutes trying to figure out what looks wrong with the engine, then just walk off scratching their head, something just doesn't look right about that engine. Some tell him it is good to see a Ford in a Ford, he never tells them its a SBC.

3. Just say, "nice talking to ya" and walk away. You don't have time to re-educate morons.

4. say nothing, fly'em the bird

5. You can ask if he got his SBC at Cosco or Sams Club ?? I heard both stores are selling them in bulk for a bargain price. ;)

6. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Tell them you didnt want to work on it all the time

7. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

ask them if we r still in America the land of the free?... have a happy n safe 4th.

8. ^ too funny.

BTW Rebel, I think that valve cover swap is cool as hell. Probably woulda' foolded me a good one. Especially the part about how you don't have valve cover leaks with the missing bolts. You must be running some good gaskets in there! Too bad it's got an SBC in it...:D

Just funnin' ya,

HCR, this was epic: " <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Ask them for their phone number. When they ask why, say 'so I can call you instead of my mommy for advice'." I'm gonna' use that at some point (can you help me out if dental bills ensue?)

Lots of funny suggestions. I think of smartass things to say, but rarely at the right time. I usually just sit and stare at people like they're douchebags until they get uncomfortable and go away.

-Bill

9. Threads like this are why I don't go on this site too often anymore. Waste of internet bandwith. Not everyone has to love your car.

10. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Tell em you put it in back in the sixty's to outrun the revenuers,who ran fords.

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

No they would be the one bleeding as their head would be in between the latch and hood with my over 200 pounds smashing it,after they got out of the hospital they would have to repair the damage their hard head done to the hood.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok Mr. internet thug -tough guy :D The reality of the situation is usually much different, we all know that :)

13. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Had a guy razin me about my 396 in my 33 ford I told him if he wanted to pull his Ford out on the road and try-em out and he gave me a dumb look and never uttered another word

14. 1320/150

1320/150

exactly!!

15. screwball

screwball

Id tell him that I know of a complete blown 302 with 4 speed for sale for $5000.00 and that you are open to donations of thousand dollar bills.

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Is this a raise your post count thread?

17. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

"and you look like you ate your children".

18. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for your input... Your approval means so much to me.

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

This is for all of you that are complaining about what people say about your choice of a Chevy motor,what if I pull up with a Chevy with a Ford motor. I have a feeling you would be all over me worse then what is being said about your car so you would be no better then those you are complaing about now,I think its time to put your money where you mouth is as I have a extra 460/C-6 and will be looking for a Chevy to put it in just to see who will practice what they preach.

20. New Old Fart

New Old Fart

I always tell them that I went to the parts house and asked for a tune-up kit for my '40 Ford and they gave me a 350/350. They usually laugh, then its all OK.

21. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Ok, I will ask the tough question, somebody has to do it...Would not a 302 Ford 351 ford and or a 350 Chevrolet engine truly be considered OT, yes OT, by the general guide lines and accepted principles of the greater general membership of the HAMB? I was to believe that the HAMB was a traditional hot rod pre 64 based group, If I am correct a 350 Chevrolet power plant is not trad., nor is a 302 351 429 514 etc.. Fact is if you have any of these power plants in your hot rod, you have a street rod. Why is the HAMB membership arguing over OT engines? Its most likely a slush tranny as well. As I said earlier, a Desoto Hemi or an Ardun or even a 409 if you really want to keep a Chevrolet power plant, with a trad manual transmission.

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Tell them "i cant think of any other engine then a SBC because kragan has all the parts and boring is what i do best"

23. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If this site is for pre 64 vehicle then it should be for pre 64 motors too,I only have one with a pre 64 motor and thats my 37 Chevy p/u with a 57 235. I do have a 80s 351 in my 55 sunliner but that will be corrected soon with a 62 292 Y block.

24. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

To each his own...BUT...when I am a judge at a show and I see a nice Ford with a SBC or a BBC in it, I just keep on walking. There are times when other's opinions matter...if you are never entering a show, then do what you want. Hot rodding is about creativity...nothing creative about just another SBC.

25. Oldb

Oldb

I think it just bugs people when others don't think like they do. Horsepower is horsepower, doesn't matter whats making it.

B

26. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

"I'm sorry, when did you become my close personal friend and technical consultant?"

27. 29NashRod

29NashRod
    from Portland

You're right: that was a rude thing to say.
    He's right: that car should have a Ford engine.

28. seems to be workin for you :D

29. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Just take your lashings and do it right the next time.

-Jason

30. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Tell them you couldn't deal with the price of a flathead or half the horsepower...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.