Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Magnus B

Magnus B

How many 35/36 3w are there in this thread now?

Message from Sled:
    Well,unfortunately i have to get you bored once again with these 35/36 3w stuff...last wednesday i was out driving with a pal o mine.Well,he was driving and at one point in a big avenue i just looked the other side of the road and suddenly spotted from distance a 36 front end...so i told my pal to U turn whenever possible to go back and look at the car...so,this was what i found there,another 3w coupe and in impressivily great conds....chattin with the owner he owned this car since early 90's ,did not much at this point but well,not that needs much to get in shape....Fenton alu heads ,for those ones wondering about it...I liked the solid overall conds on this one,untouched basically,and once again...they are still out there! Actually i wonder myself how many 35/36 3w cars are around here in Mexico,apparently quite a number of em...if i only could find with the same frequence some 32 to 34 stuff,that would be somethin.....sled

Attached Files:

2. sled

sled

Workin on more stuff as usual...looks like that incredibly some cool stuff is poppin up...being workin hard on speading the news all over the contact network is increasing daily and that prooved to be a key factor to find cool junk...so,more surprises soon...stay tuned!

3. ScottV

ScottV

The title says "MEXICAN JUNK" ... but I have yet to see any Junk !!! :p

4. sled

sled

ScottV....uhm,yeah,well,you're right...i was just cheating a bit:eek:

5. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I have been reading through this thread and looking at all the pics of all the cars-absolutely incredible.
    I hope to get enough funds together at some point as to buy one of the cheaper ones from you and have it sent back to Michigan. You have found some really great looking cars and even now have some good deals on here (like the 55 Chevy or the 40 Ford Delivery). At some point,you and I need to talk.

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Sled hows things mate - been away in Japan and Australia. Still trying to get some real answers to our questions. Wow that 36 looks great.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  7. sled

sled

JXNslotcar,glad you liked the stuff..actually there is much more but i try to keep up the some quality in my thread,ya know...i dont spend time in moredoor stuff usually...
    Welcome anytime ,just PM me and i'll get back to you with real answers and facts..
    as said before there are NO import fees for you US guys to rempatriate a car from Mexico,none...and i can send stuff to TX anytime,so from there you can have your shipper or a trusted Hamber have it done for you...there are couple great guys here offering this service,easy enuff...
    have fun , Sled

8. sled

sled

Hey Pete,all fine here and scarfin around as usual...have already some more surprises to add on the thread,but im just waitin better quality pix
    Good on your travels...
    Yep,trying to scarf up some answers from Far East so we'll have some fun soon...take care mate

9. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Ok,something unusual that even the woodie nuts wont see every day...a 47 Ford Sportsman convertible woodie.This resides in Mexico since many moons ago and still in good conds..older resto and fully running,always taken care.
    Mind you i know more of these Sportsman woodies around here and i try to rescue em obviously as time and situations allow.
    Very low production cars hence the full wooden body construction altought Mercurys are rarer than Fords...beautiful cars indeed.
    These are worth a small fortune nowadays...

Attached Files:

10. sled

sled

Magnus B ,thanks buddy as usual for uploading my stuff,but i know you're havin fun too...still lookin for the right vintage Harley for you,i dont give up...just be patient,it will come up sooner or later...:eek::D

11. Pacorro

Pacorro

Sled Wow, finally finished the 67 pages and it is amazing thread. Do not rest, I'm sure there's more junk to discover. Thanks for everything friend. You're the man

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Since my pal Pacorro just posted his first post and joned the Hamb family i'll dedicate this one to him...you deserve it, bro!

Well,let me start a bit further back...Pacorro always had a thing for old cars as many of us but we know that life between family ,kids,college money and so on sometimes is gettin really tight.He had couple cars,mostly low budget projects during the years but unfotunately they always had to be sold for one reason or another...no keepers and the lack of an old driveable car was already a big hole in his life...actually he was lookin to find one since the last 7 years,wich is no small feat..sweaty years for our pal,but since i met him i started to profuse the custom/rod influence quite heavily and suddenly couple months ago i received a call from him to move quickly over the other side of city to check out a Merc...a Merc???Yeah, a 50 Merc coupe in running conds wich i already knew myself from other sources to be around but never saw it in person...the owner was driving like a maniac all over the places ,and car was'nt for sale at any price apparently.

But Pacorro's luck was close enuff,was about time...that day we went togheter to meet the owner,checked the car out and luckily i made myself a good impression to the guy,so after some cheatin around a bottle a tequila showed up to sweet the deal up...Pacorro had to sell his daily driver to came up with the half of the money and with some that he saved or borrowed somewhere quickly he could make his long time dream became reality....he could'nt believe it!!
    Car had a 302 /C4 tranny butchered in a gross way ,but incredibly WORKED....and since many months Pacorro has its daily converted in a cool cruiser...a " not for sale " sticker is shown in the rear window cause almost daily someone is asking to buy that thing....no way!!
    So,He's quite smiling now and his family too...kids LOVE IT too!

Since he's driving the wheels off of it we we'll do some work on it in and there as funds permit and it's a work in progress as many custom cars are before the next improving stage...more custom features are contemplated in the future,of course.
    Actually car evolved already in a better look nowadays...but this comes on next episode!
    Well done ,my friend...and another Merc saved too!

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  13. nohlsson1

nohlsson1
    from Ohio

I can only echo what others have said....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be in Puerto Vallarta in 3 weeks, wish I could find some of these.

14. sled

sled

Nohlsson1, i wish you to find some stuff there in Vallarta but not much there i'm afraid...being on the beach does not help,salty air does'nt help either ...scarf around in the old town and more south,in some alleys..i saw time ago some cars/pickups parked there but i was racing a classic car rally and had no time to stop at all...
    Mind you,im only 4 hours away from Vallarta so i can go anytime there...not a big fan cause is too crowded and prices are made for turists,kinda expensive...i prefer more empty laid back beaches.
    But if you scarf around a bit you should be able to find some cars in that area....good luck then!

15. nohlsson1

nohlsson1
    from Ohio

Thanks Sled, in the back of my mind I had hopes of going inland and looking around for a few days but my girlfriend has informed me that there will be no talk of cars on this R&R. I haven't seen her in 5 months and I only have 3 weeks with her. Uggghhhhh, the sacrifices we make :)

16. sled

sled

Nohlsson...i know you're feelings and that's why i would'nt have nodoby tellin me what to do,same old crap from chicks worldwide..boring as hell to me,heard these stories so many times...

But i have an idea for you...being car nuts i'm trying to came up with solutions so i can even organize a fake kidnapping so i can make you disappear for couple days and we'll move inland scarfin up some cool junk...or at list try to see what comes up:D:eek: ...ah,ah,ah

Do you think she gets worried then??We'll call her once a day to calm her down..im a bit too far on the sideline ???Ah,ah,ah

17. nohlsson1

nohlsson1
    from Ohio

Ha ha ha ha, actually I was thinking of someone posing as an immigration agent and detaining me for a couple of days straight out of the airport. LOL :cool:
    It is amazing how the human mind works. :D

I did tell her that I would like to take a 2-3 day trip inland to see some of the real country and she liked that idea.;)
    If we stumbled on some cars on the way, could she blame me?:D LOL Time will tell. She does support my new addiction for the most part, especially since she has been driving my Mercury, or as she says "her Mercury". I have to say it will be nice just to be out of Iraq for a few weeks and be some where with a speed limit that is more than 35!

I have loved classic cars and trucks since I was little but never had the chance to own any till recently. I have started to build my own collection in the past two months while helping an unemployed mechanic in my town. He already has my truck (well my son's 16th birthday truck) running after a week or so and is eager to get his hands on the DeSoto. It works out as a win win for me at this time. I am saving some beauties and helping out a great mechanic that fell on hard times.
    I hate the thought that so many beauties get chopped and destroyed each year.
    Ha ha ha, now I know what it is like to be a addict. :D I need another fix!

18. sled

sled

Nohlsoon,see...you're sick,way more than me...already a fake holiday preplanned plan undercovered for that poor chick...ah,ah,ah...
    Yeah,i assume you're not comin in Mexico so often and the wish to be around scarfin up stuff is big...stick with the plan B,drive around with her and you'll save the relationship too...she cant complain after all of what's around...and you'll discover some countryside too...
    If you have time drop by in Sayulita beach,a very small and relaxed one...a surf spot.But there are many beautiful beaches both north and south of Vallarta...try to escape from Vallarta to check out some more bays and relaxed places,its worth it...
    Another fix will be up asap,to calm you down...

19. elvi411

elvi411

Seen these pics before and the cars were for sale. People sent money and never got the cars, two or three people were sold the same car.

20. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats a HUGE call - can you back that up?

21. I think you now need to provide PROOF or walk away with egg on your face..:mad:

22. jernlee

jernlee

Damn nice junk love to have. one thanks for sharing

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Another quick fix here...another cool Merc woodie wagon,in Mexico since long time ...quite good driver.I found during the years a number of these Merc 49/51 woodie wagons,they seem to be quite a popular car back in the day...still once in a while they pop up hidden in garages covered with dust..mostly old guys used them for carrying workin stuff around .i remember a story in DF about a mariachi band using a 56 Nomad as a daily transpoter..quite tight fit in there with instruments and all ...
    Wagons are timeless cool nonetheless ...

Attached Files:

24. sled

sled

WDF???This is a BIG assumption from your side man...and i call it BS big time cause i really dont know what you're talkin about...wich pics and wich cars EXACTLY???
    I put pics on my thread of what's around Mexico just to show it up so what's around here but to came up public and tellin that people paid for stuff and never got it,well..you have to proove it ....I do NOT own all this stuff so as far i know there is nothin wrong here...
    And its my public thread,so you better tell the truth right away...i need no useless dramas ,please

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  25. Pacorro

Pacorro

evil411, 67 pages after this thread, in which sled has explained many times its present import-export experience, offering any personal clarification by PM, and you come here to throw shit damn, only the goats and pigs are so stinky. throw your crap on blogs like facebook or tweeter, only loving people here and the cars and with a great sense of criticism, and above all: RESPECT, as said sled, and out of respect to readers excited about the dramatic thread ........ ............. Prove Or Apologize. BS

26. He can't prove it because it is total BS.
    I have had dealings with SLED and he does not operate like that at all.

27. skoh73

skoh73

Ya wanna call someone a liar, you better be able to prove it...

28. Sled......do they have salvage yards in Mexico?

We have taken several cruises and gone to places like Cozumel,
    Grand Caymen, Belize and others. I know this is different territory
    than where you are........but.......I always look for old cars when
    touring around the city and countryside. And never see anything
    older than something from the 1970s.......and not many of them.

I always wonder if there is some place I should be looking to see
    old stuff. Any info would be of interest.

29. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

exactly, the prohibitionist dumbasses have turned mexico border towns into war zones.

30. sled

sled

Well,he can't proove a damn thing cause i perfectly know my way of doing things worldwide and i will let my customers and related friends worldwide speak for me....

Since i started to be public quite some time ago everything is visible here and i do NOT need any BS from somebody that can easily write some stupid statements just because is so easy to shoot some BS...great style,congrats!

But i dont need any further drama so i'll keep going my usual stuff...pleasing the crowd with my rusted out stories and pics of the junk down here,keepin the fun factor up....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010