Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

That is because I have enough other stuff that actually runs. I am still waiting for you to pull in my driveway. ha ha ha The Pileup is now only about 10 miles from my house, now you have an excuse to come over.

Plan C is now out. Plan A it is.

2. 57dodge

57dodge

Your Damn Right Plan C is out!
    Long live Plan A!

3. Congrat on the new coupe and the vicky has come a long way and looks bitchen. I say ship the punk back to the west coast and try to get the japs to buy it and take it over the ocean. Keep the space truck,vicky and the coupe and your life will be complete. This would then be the keystone dream. I might be out in your nech of the woods at the end of summer to see some family.

4. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

A flathead is so predictable, a SBC is so expected. I would run the motor/tranny that is in it. Just rebuid that darn 289. My second vote would be to use the Atomic Punk as a donor car.....that would prove you're a real man. :)

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

You should come in October. Then I can take you for a ride in my '32....maybe.

...and Bad Rod, What if it is a blown flathead? ha ha

6. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I guess a blown flathead would redeem ya. :)

Cool car, no matter what you do to it.

7. I do not know the exact dates as of yet but do know that if it happens it will be sometime towards the end of the year in that time frame. keep you posted. Keep the updates on the coupe and vicky coming.

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

Here would be a good target date....

www.hunnertcarpileup.com

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Your killing me.:D
    I am so envious. You have my dream car.. Good for you!

10. Plan C is out?!!!!!! I was hoping to see what the Coupe looked like with the bubble on the roof,hahaha! I'm sure you'll come up with a good plan.

11. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I love those headers!

12. Take the Atomic Punk apart? It's blasphemy.....

13. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

I dig that 3 window! Is that the one you're dropping a q/c in?

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep, I haven't started working on it yet though. I still have to finish the Vicky, but it is getting close to completion now.....

Junior brought this quickchange to Detroit for me. I got it from Dick Spadaro....

I also got a really nice frame from Continental John. I may just try to save the frame that is under the car though. I am thinking about some changes to the frame, so I may just continue to butcher the already hacked up one....

Attached Files:

15. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Yeah I started with some "hacked-up" original rails. I've heard good things about that Q/C you got. What are you doing for a power plant?

16. I was thinking about this car the other day. You're probably on to the next one by now so how about some pics? Hmmmm?

17. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, since you asked, here are some pics. I didn't think anyone really gave a shit about any of my stupid little projects. ha ha I already have 2 cars that run and drive so I am not hitting my non-running projects too hard.

I got the '34 body blasted because I found a multitude of sin that needed replaced. It now has new rockers and wheelwells and I patched the passenger door in a couple of places. i still need to address the rear pan but will worry about that after I have some sort of floor in it to hold it together. There is all kinds of brazed nonsense that needs/was removed.

I took the crappy frame out from under the '34, boxed it, threw in a SBC and slapped together a "rudy truck" that will probably get sold to fund this project. Even the rear end was junk under that chassis. The 8 inch was bowed over 1/4 inch from the 4 bar that was welded onto it. No wonder one of the wheel bearings was out of it when I took it apart. I am guessing that is why it got parked.

I started building a new frame for the '34 using Ionia crossmembers and boxing plates. I am putting '32 frame horns on it and pinching the frame. I am going to do a couple of trick things with the motor mounts and try and make it all look like it could have been factory with Brian Bass fake rivets (TM) and Sam Strube suspension mounts and all.

I have also been remodeling the inside of the house and working on my landscaping and building some metal sculptures for a local art show.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    chriseakin and kiwijeff like this.
  18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

those sculptures are neat.

is that an SAR firewall?

chriseakin likes this.
  19. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep it is from SAR. A very nice piece for the money.

20. Very nice. Thanks for the update. I'm still not sure how you get so much stuff done?

21. I would run whats in it.

22. Plowboy

Plowboy

I haven't really got much done lately. I have been inside on the couch watching TV, being lazy, getting fat, and liking it.... I will probably start getting more done not that all my shows are having their season finales. ha ha

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

Well, somebody has to keep the Nielson ratings accurate...

24. fatabone

fatabone

Did they ever kill Sparticus?

brEad likes this.
  25. Hey, while we're catching up and you're answering my silly questions, did you end up buying any sub rails? And if so, who's?

26. brady1929

brady1929

27. farmboyhotrodder

farmboyhotrodder
    from PA

Why the hell would you want to chop a perfect 3-window coupe?! That would be foolish and stupid! Save the stock top, ditch the SBF, swap in a nice flattie, then drive it! Or sell it and buy a chopped something-or-other to suit your tastes.

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea, who in their right mind would wanna do that!?:confused:

Lookin good!

29. Plowboy

Plowboy

Stupid is as stupid does I guess, and it is far from perfect. Thanks for reminding my why I haven't been posting much though... How 'bout this, I will just build THIS car to suit my tastes since it is already in my garage and I am taking the time to replace all of the bottom sheetmetal. Since the bottom is fucked up, I might as well fuck the top up to match.

I am just going to make my own subrails, ones that will fit the channel. I have a bitchin' set of tools. I think I can do it easy enough with my bead roller, tipping wheel and shrinker/stretcher....

Junior, Sparticus made it to the season finale, but his lady did not. She took an axe to the chest. A shame really, she had nice titties and liked to show them off.

MR CLEAN, chriseakin and kiwijeff like this.
  30. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

[​IMG]

Nice find! I like where you are heading. Now for the real question, what is up with that Corvair Lakewood Wagon sitting next to your coupe?