Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heavy Rebel for the 4th!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 292belair, Jun 28, 2010.

1. 292belair

292belair

Any ya'll comin down here for the showSaturday morn?

2. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

I will be there,the kiwi.

3. 292belair

292belair

See ya there Kiwi, figured there would be a few from the board there! NitroJoe and the boys usually show up!

4. hotrod_vixen61

hotrod_vixen61
    from Pittsburgh

yep! .... coming down from Pittsburgh.

5. Elvis Christ

Elvis Christ

Hell yeah!! 3rd year in a row now. Comn down from Fredericksburg va on Friday!!!!!! It's gonna b crazy!!!!!

6. hotrod_vixen61

hotrod_vixen61
    from Pittsburgh

It will be my first year making the trip. So excited!!!

7. Will be there.

8. anyone want to meet up and drive down there together?

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If anyone is coming from the south and up to Heavy Rebel, the Iron Lords have their Hot Cakes & Hot Rods breakfast in Concord, NC about 1.5 hrs from HEAVY REBEL. Stop on by if you want to.

I'm skipping out on Heavy Rebel.

10. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Really wanted to go but funds being tight I will have to miss out.

11. Hey Jeffrey, can you send some of those delicious hot cakes up with one of your guys?

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You know damn well the last time I was eating them they were shitty. How about I send you a nice fruit salad....with apple and grapes only.:D:D

I'm interested to see if any nice cars turn out at HR this year.

13. Shawn M

Shawn M

I'm heading out Sat. morning early, see you there!

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh sure, I'll be the only one at breakfast huh? Shawn you were my wild card. I thought I could at least count on you for some Hot Cakes.

15. Me too but you never really know what you'll see. I hope someone gets some good pix if there are though.

Especially that truck that was made out of 2x4's! :confused::confused::confused:

16. This is a great show,We went last year but going to miss this year.heading to Fletcher N.C for a 2 day swap meet..

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Exactly why I am not so upset about missing it. I heard about that thing and would love to set it on fire.:D:D:D I guess I'll hang around the house and get some work done on the '35.

18. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

19. Shawn M

Shawn M

Hopefully you won't be by yourself. I would stop by, but I left for HRW last year at 7:00 and had difficulty getting a decent spot.

I went in 07 the first time and it was OK. I went back last year and it was much improved, there were some questionable cars there:rolleyes:, as are at most shows such as this.

I started something by taking some friends along last year that have never been to an event such as this before and they really wanted to go back, it's more of a party for them. Good Friends Good Times, we make our own fun. So even if the cars suck, we'll have a blast!:D

20. Nomadness

Nomadness

Going Saturday. No other comments.

21. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

I'll be there helping with the car show as usual. This year the Saints, Camel City Skulls, and Road Devils (NC) are putting on the car show. Should be a good time despite a few "questionable vehicles" I do think the quality of some of the cars has gotten better over the last few years. We got another couple blocks this year too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  22. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

We are all heading down on friday. Be in a 56 Buick with pink wheels, and a Primered Dodge truck with a hemi in it, Come by and say hey!

23. Just to clarify, I enjoy Heavy Rebel and the Saints and others have done a great job in the past. There's always gonna be an oddball here or there and though I cannot stand the sight of some, I still respect the fact that they made it and even defied all odds and somehow drove it there. And I'm glad that no one is gonna turn you away just because they don't like your ride.

And I totally agree that the cars are getting better every year. Last year was especially nice. I hope this year is even better.

Hell, in a few years we'll probably be complaining about how it got too big and we wish it was like the old days and you could just drive any old thing up there.

24. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I'm hoping to make it this year. Went last year and the year before. Was hot hot hot and well hot but I enjoyed myself. Ate a burger looked at the rides and went home.

25. Shawn M

Shawn M

A couple more blocks. Awesome! It's growing every year and I do enjoy it a lot. Thanks for all you guys do so we can congregate and have a good time!

26. Shawn M

Shawn M

Has your truck been there before? I think I've got pictures of it:cool:

27. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I wanted to go but I got sucked into a family thing. Next year I will not be missing it!

28. 292belair

292belair

what time do they start up in the morning?

29. I think the website said 8 AM and I've also heard 9. Definitely the earlier the better...the good spots go quick.

30. Just checked the site...Registration starts at 9 am and the show runs til 4.