Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Wow Aaron, the Vicky is amazing, such sneaky lines.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What a cool shot!!!

How about when you finish up that Vicky you trade it to me for my '52 Mercury. That thing would be perfect for us!!!! I'll even throw in a Cadillac motor!

3. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

plowboy

dont part out the punk. I'll also vote for keeping the 289/4 speed combo, but if you dont go that route my buddy is looking for a 4 speed and a 9 inch and I have some 33-34 frame parts that could be up for grabs

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

The Vicky is going to be my winter beater. I can't get rid of it. ha ha

I am going back to stuff I can drive all the time. I don't even have an enclosed trailer anymore so the Punk just sits around a lot. Since they just put some fresh gravel on my road again I am not going to get much use out of it this summer, however, I have been driving it some. It just pains me to hear those rocks bouncing off of the bubble when I cruise out to the highway. I am going to take it to the local Cerro Gordo car show tonight. So far no one in the town near where I live has even seen it unless they have caught me at the gas station or something.....It would be a different story if I lived in town. I would drive it all the time if I could hop in it to go get milk or something across town. I just don't like beating it down these rough ass roads out here in the country, plus I hate answering all of the stupid questions from citizens when I do drive it. The punk has a few thousand miles on it now though.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Well, it seems you've done it again!! Just when your rock star status was fading you've managed to pull off another automotive adventure. Aside from selling it to me (which is the best option regardless of who you talk to) I can see it with a hemi (Atomic Punk transplant?) or some other nostalgic engine. Part of the Lumas coupe's charm is the power plant and (as much as I hate to say it) a SBC won't cut it. How about a blown BBC? Whatever it is I think it should have an overpowering presence. that last statement alone make the Hemi a natural.

Frank

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Vicky is looking sweet. I think if you want a flathead for that one (even though i gave you a hard time! :D ) then go for it.

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

If you dressed up like Greedo when you drove the 'Punk you wouldn't have that problem...

[​IMG]

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

There are no stupid questions, only stupid citizens.

9. 57dodge

57dodge

Man, Your Living the Dream.
    Great Picture.

Attached Files:

10. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

If you rape the punk for parts you have to put it in the name.

Satans Atomic Vagina?

Atomic Possum?

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

HA HA HA HA HA HA Nads you got to be the funniest dude on the HAMB HA HA HA
    Aaron, I know were another Hemi is waiting for You:D as for a flatty Bitchen look and sound just go with a 5 speed . So how much are you going to CHOP her:D 5 inches or so

12. Please don't mess with the Atomic Punk. Take it from a guy who is new to the scene, you've built one of the coolest cars I've read about and seen at a show in the last ten years.

13. Congrats, Aaron! We oughta have a name for us 33-34 ford owners like the 53-54 chevy guys called themself the Rockstars.
    I like the name "long dead possum" and I'd steer away from flatheads , packard V/8s and SBC's...this coming from a guy who's using a 370 Pontiac/ 5 speed/ quickchange in his.
    I'd plunder the Punk for the hemi. Just me. Hell, you could always put it back after you find a killer deal on another one or build another one for the Punk.

Attached Files:

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

John, I came up there with money to buy that Hemi once and came home with the one that is in the punk now. ha ha ha - probably only a 4 inch chop with the channel

15. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Man, I wouldnt chop that....deep channel without a chop looks really cool...throw in a flathead and its game on for me... plus, a un-chopped '34 lets people know its a real Ford.....just my $0.02....Good luck! ~E

16. 31whitey

31whitey

That is really a cool shot...

That Coupe is Something.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Looks like you already need a bigger garage.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Are you kidding me? You can fit two or three in there. Plenty of space!:D:D:D

19. Aaron is my hero.

20. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

hahahahahahhahahahahahahaah

21. Doesn't matter really if its a small dehydrated possum it just won't feed as many people. :D

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I don't know about the Long Dead Possum. How about The Brittany Fox? :D

23. slammed

slammed

Early '60's Poncho/Old's/Buick/Cad big block, manual trans. Let the stance and color be the focal point. Hemified '34's are right behind the SBC in sheer number's done. A 400 horse 327/5spd will git the job done in a pinch. You have something in the mail this next week, Plowboy.

24. tinmann

tinmann

I'm no possum expert, but is a three footer really "long" or average? Or more than average long?

25. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Possum can't get much looser. Better to keep the motor tolerances within spec.

Rocky has the right idea. If lack of time currently factors into the '34 seeing pavement faster, use the Hemi for now.

Hearty congrats, btw! :D

26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Plowboy , way to go ! Would be nice to see what it really looked like back in the 1960's ! Doesn't look to bad as it sits except for the carpet and shit !
    If you aren't going to use that 289 , then let me know about that 4 speed trans . I would love to have that for my 49 Ford I am building . Building a 302 or 289 for that one , I have both engines and the 4 speed would really go great with the car ! Well it doesn't hurt to ask since you are going with a Chevy engine & trans !

Keep the pictures coming ! Will surely be one Bad Ass 3 window !

Retro Jim

27. strawberry

strawberry

man some folks have all the luck, that garage in the second picture looks familar is it in indiana? looks like the one where james dean used to live,

28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Whoa!
    I never thought I'd see Plan A come out of your mouth.
    Ha! Come on over to the dark side!