Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Found a car in the woods today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jville_hot_skater, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

haha or be like what car? o shit must of snagged that as i was backing up to turn around. just act dumb

2. koolkat54

koolkat54
    from Visalia Ca

yea man just do it

3. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

hey listen hear i was put in a similar situation this past winter but not with 1 car but 4 left to rot in the Miles Standish state forest well any way i asked the ranger and he said if the can begone by dark you can have them so my back yard has four new old iron

1. 1966 Chevy c10
    2.1960 Pontiac wagon
    3.1954 willys jeepster
    4. 1969 cornet

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

its a worth a few grand out of the woods easy.

5. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Hey, do like they do here in Chi town, Si, me takey for de garbage no? Si me take to garbage now yes si? I gotta little guy I could send there for 200 bucks who would pull it out of the woods with his wife and 6 kids all under twelve years old if it was under artillery fire from a battle ship, for an extra twenty he would plant all the trees back for you. If they stopped him he would just smile and nod his head, get in his truck go around the block and jump out and try loadin it again. 120 a ton is the going rate, if I give him 200 a ton he brings me stuff, I got a network now, I told them no stolen items. Dude wheres the metal car?

6. be careful,however I do like the saying "its easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission"

7. James427

James427
    BANNED

I don't usually condone doing that but in this case I'd make an exception and say it is better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. If it is on military land I'd just grab it and skip the a=hole factor you would run into by asking.

8. AD

AD

or you could snag it 'one piece at a time'

9. troylee

troylee

can it be got with out takin out any trees? Chain saws will give your postion away.

10. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Show up with a trailer and start extricating it. If the owner shows up, you'll know right away who to deal with! From the looks of it, it doesn't appear that anyone has any plans to save it anyway. Play dumb and say that you figured it was on public property and just left for dead. That's what I would do, anyway. :)

11. tinmann

tinmann

I'd be missing a whole pile of sleep until that "rusty ol' 30's car" was in my yard. Pitter patter.... let's git at 'er!!!!!!

12. hehe, if ya do go to get it, just be carefull the millitary didnt place that 'ol wreck' there for target practice.

13. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

That would be where I was stationed years ago..."Camp Lejeune, N.C."...home of the 2nd Division, U.S. Marine Corps

Back in the late '70's, junk yards around Jacksonville were full of some good stuff!

14. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

better grab it.. part by part!

if they see you just tell em that you thought noone wanted it and you wanted to make yard art.

ahhah

15. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

If it is indeed on the Military Reservation you need to get hold of Camp Lejeune Range Control. Best to contact them in the AM around 0900-1000. If you want to get it out without telling them PM me I'll de drive down from Fayetteville and yank it out for you with my trailer and winch. If it's really in there we'll break out the Pinzgauer and chain saws.

16. Man he aint lyin!!!! But turns it into GOLD!!!!!

17. George G

George G

Looks like it's been burned. No much useful after a fire

18. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

Ya, well Camp Lejeune has CHANGED ALOT... it is more populated with japanese "import" cars now...
    even the junk yards and you-pull-it yards are full with cars 1980 and up.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  19. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

yaa...they burned the woods there, good thing about it tho is that there is no trees in the way....just large brush.

20. metal man

metal man

Look at the photos closely.There is no point where there is steel good enough to weld to.Like someone said,some usable convertible only parts at best.It would look cool wrapped around a tree on the opposite side of my yard from the '32 five window that's in about the same condition.It has a big maple tree through the roof,all the car guys love that thing!

21. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

22. calvinh

calvinh

Well since everyone knows where its at now it won't be there long. Better get it while the gettins good.

23. havi

havi

You could get the location, and go to the local courthouse and get the plat book. That'll tell who owns the land at that spot. Any iron in the woods deserves to be spared....either as a project or parts. It does no good just sitting there.

24. historynw

historynw

Ashes to ashes and rust to dust...its close to dust.

25. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

it can be saved, I have saved cars of that condition and worse before. It would defiantly be a lot of work but that is a rare and desirable car.

26. DougHH

DougHH

Who ever owns it, military or not, clearly they do not want it. its in the woods, its near nothing and while in good condition for rod fodder look at the condition of it. its not like they were out there taking actions to preserve like putting a tarp on it or touching up the pain with red oxide as it weathered to keep the panels from cancer etc etc.

who ever owns it they do not want it. Take it before some other guy does. if you get pulled up just say you thought it was junk, you were gunna scrap it for steel, your kids/neighbours kids/whatever have been playing here and i didnt want them cutting themselves on it, whatever BS pops into mind.

Do it!!

27. DougHH

DougHH

yeh mate no kidding. real rare and unusual aswell. would make a kickin' rod.

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

It must be radio active!!

29. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Jersey style!;)

30. I'd love to have it..... to sell.

I'd HATE to think I had to build it.

JH