Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oooooh, It's Rollin' And Gettin' Closer To Runnin'! HAMB Project Pontiac 2+2!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Jun 23, 2010.

1. duffman

duffman

You need to move the motorhome, hah!

2. wow, congrats on a great save.
    are we goner see a monsterflake paint job one day?

3. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Is that a plumber or is that Glen on that front wheel?

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

the paint and body wouldn't be a problem, but the chrome, stainless and aluminum trim is beat. it would cost a lot more to fix that stuff! it'll stay in 'survivor' mode for a while, 'cause there's a non-running 64 GTO in the garage, too.

scooby, "reddog" is getting the bread truck going, the plan is to use it to haul their band equipment...

5. i think 'survivor mode looks great. have fun drivin the wheels off it.

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Steve, those are great cars, really enjoyed the '63 Grand Prix I had. Be lookin for you in August.
    GV

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

you want to laugh? try finding that piece of quarter panel trim. mine was missing, but i got lucky and bought one that was more boomerang than trim, but the GREAT nick32vic and his dad bent back into a fairly straight line and got me some clips. if you need fasteners or trim clips, always check profasten.com first!

8. That's great to hear Steve, I was wondering if that thing would ever move.
    Thought I seen roots taken hold the last time I seen it...joe

9. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

It's in the shop Steve! Tomorow afternoon it's GAME ON! And with any luck, we can have it running Saturday. Everyone at the shop thinks the car is cool, and we are all wound up about making it mobile. We like that we are helping you get it going, but also it's just good clean fun thrashing to get an old car going again. Catch ya later!

JW

10. HotRod33

HotRod33

You need some more stuff in your garage and driveway...... Cool looking car........

11. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very VERY cool, Steve!.... see you at the drags in August!

Malcolm

13. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Up date. Like Johnny Wishbone says the car is at his work MORLEY Performance. It got towed there by a friend of mine for free that has never met Monsterflake.

And yesterday I took off work and went to Morleys to help. There was Jim (the dragster driver of the Morley front engine digger), a dude named Dan, Steve Morley , Johnnywishbone and my self.
    The cool thing is Dan has never met Monsterflake. I dont know if Jim has or not. And Morley that owns the shop has only met Monsterflake once. These guys just want to help out.

I went and worked acouple of hours this morning too. And had to leave for family duties. But they were just about to fire the motor when I left.

I am headed back right now for about a hour (that is all the time I have) and will tell what happened.

It is amazing the amount of work these guys knocked out in just 10 hours yesterday. Quality workers that kick ass. This car will be at the HAMB Drags. Monsterflakes first pass down the 1320 since he got hurt.

Hand controls and tire smoke 2010!!!

14. most excellent...post some video when she's running

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Well I am at home and have time to post. Right when I got there earlier they were opening the shop door to take it out. The guy driving is another dude that jumped in to help that has never met Monsterflake either. His name is Vince. And he has a sweet ford powered 30/31 sedan with a blower on it. He worked all day since about 7:30 this morning. It ran up and down the street did some burnouts.

And made everyone smile. Especially Steve/Monsterflake. This car especially some of the engine parts and engine are very special to him. And to see it all come together is kick ass.

Steve didnt drive it because the speedball/stick deal he uses to steer a car wasnt in it. So he just cheered Vince on, with us.

Monsterflake has some video. I am shure he will post it soon.

But bottom line is thanks to EVERYONE that has helped over the past few years in Steve's garage.

And to Dan he has the yellow shirt when the video comes up. That man is a machine. He worked 11 hours on Fri. and at his speed and quality of work it was like 22 hours at least. Plus 8 hours today.

Jim from Morleys shop. He is a attention to detail, and always question prior things. And that to me is a great thing. He caught a few things that would have been a problem later on. A fellow f.e.d. pilot so he cant be all bad. Thanks Jim.

Also to JohnnyWishbone. Keepin the shop going while everyone else was workin on the Pontiac. And for helpin kick us in the nuts when we fucked up. ha , ha.

At to Steve Morley. He owns Morley Performance. They have a very nice shop and he is another stickler for detail. And everything has to be perfect. This dude is a trip. Last year he had one hell of a ATV accident and died 3 times and once he pulled out of it was suppose to be like a 6 year old. But he some how came out almost perfect, I would say perfect. But most of the time he acts like a 6 year old, ..... But that is on purpose. Thank you Steve Morley for the use of your shop and for rounding up the kick ass workers. If anyone needs a motor built in St. Louis call www.morleyperformance.com they are the cats ass.

And to Mickey at Boyer Towing for hauling the car for free. Kick ass dude. And has a super fast dragradial car too. Thanks Mickey.

Thanks to everyone else that helped in some way or another. Because I didnt do shit but drink beer and get in peoples way. But I type good.

Congradulations Monsterflake. Now that the Pontiac is runnin, you gonna run my Ghost?

Brian

16. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Is this a catalina, bonneville, grand prix, or......none of the above?

17. monsterflake

monsterflake

it's a catalina 2+2, and it's in my driveway!

tommy, my non-car guy brother-in-law drove it home, and he says it's awesome! these guys did such a nice job, probably better than i would have done myself. it's weird to see this thing rolling around, much less under it's own power.

videos and pics tomorrow!

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Can't wait for tomorrow, seriously nice save!

Maybe your non-car guy brother-in-law has caught the bug? We can only hope...

19. ryno

ryno

awesome man congrats.
    see you in aug!

20. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Definitely good to hear it is running and driving. I cant wait to see the video of this Poncho.

21. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

22. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I agree with cvstl.....awesome. cant wait to see some video. Those are cool poncho's for sure.

23. Very cool Steve!!!

24. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Today was an awesome day! We got the Poncho running, laid a little rubber, made Steve (Monsterflake) happy and then pulled off a surprise party for Morley and gave him a pair of 16"x13" magnesium Halibrand bear paws for his coop! I did'nt help much, but Dan, Jim, Brian, Greg, Vince, and Morley kicked butt on the Poncho and we all had a good time. It reminded me of us all thrashing to get my Busket ready for Mokan 3 years ago......good times. Have fun in Florida Brian, you dickhead!

JW

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

here's the group from the last thrash at morley's. i'm waiting on youtube to finish loading the video...

[​IMG]

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

28. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Very cool Steve. You got mad skills on the making a video thing!

29. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Super cool Steve! Im so happy for you!