Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage In a little tiny town called Saxonburg...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage_Vixen, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

...there is a small cruise, held by "The Rodfathers" Car Club once a month during the summer months. It's a relatively small cruise, only about 75, maybe 100 cars in attendance, but for those of you that believe in quality over quantity, this is definitely a cruise-in that you don't want to miss. As we all know, there has been an abundance of imports at our local shows, but there's none of that here.
    There's no cut-off date, so you do see the occasional Dodge Viper, and the Roush Mustangs, but no imports. It's a beautiful thing, really. There's food, raffles, a DJ, no entry fee or pre-registration. All you do is show up in your car and enjoy the sights. And did I mention there's no tuner cars? :D
    Anyhow... here's some pictures(all HAMB appropriate, of course) for your enjoyment. If anyone wants to know when the next one is, let me know and I'll post it, since I'm not sure how many people are from the Pittsburgh area on here. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Great photographs. Share the place and time. Also put it on the Event calendar. Thanks. Slim

3. fantastic looking cars.
    Great pics

4. duffman

duffman

wait...where's the mud?...where's the moon shine?

5. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

LOL there was no mud or moonshine at this one. but i did spend a lot of time on the ground.... taking pictures! :)

6. alterbob

alterbob
    from Butler,Pa.

And this SUNDAY is Cruzapaloza In Butler I will be there with my altered stop by. Bob

7. roddinron

roddinron

That's right up the road from me, a nice little historic town and a nice little cruise in.
    A little history, the town of Saxonburg was home to John Roebling the inventor of wire rope, which he used to build the Brooklyn bridge. Next time you're there, tour his home.

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Looks like some sweet rides!

9. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I may be going, I haven't decided yet. It depends on if my dad wants to go to the steel city nats. If we don't go there, we'll be at Butler for sure!

I love the town itself, I love the architecture in town. I don't know what I took more pictures of, cars, or people's houses and businesses. lol

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Nice pics - thanks !

11. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

No no... thank you for liking them! =)

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A hot rod girl that's also polite ... what's not to like about THAT too ?!?!

13. sololobo

sololobo

Hot Damn, what a bevy of sweet cars. That orange Chevy coupe is a rare one. Thanx for sharin a cool event with us. Another trip, and never left the farm. Swingo! ~Sololobo~

14. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I'm not always polite... don't let my "please and thank you's" fool ya.... :D

That Chevy coupe was absolutely pristine. I wanted to talk to the owner about it and get some info, but there wasn't anyone around. Hopefully I'll see it around again so I can do some chattin' about it!
    I'm going to attempt to make these "event coverage" posts more common... so keep an eye out for them, I go to shows and cruise-ins at least once a week. =)

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Well how about "polite when it counts" ... how's that ?? LOL !!

16. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

Perfect..... ! :D