Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenton SBC from Patricks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Jun 11, 2010.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'd like to see if they make any for the 250 sixes

2. Here you go JJ. Let me know if you need any measurements.

On a side note, Patrick called me yesterday to make sure I had gotten my manifolds and that I was happy with them...pretty cool in my book.

Attached Files:

LCGarage likes this.
  3. GuyW

GuyW

Wow - 45+ years and this is the first I've heard of them.

Any test data on increased power?

4. Blackie

Blackie

Looks like they might be a challenge with drag link steering. Lucky I have a friend with an original set I can use for mockup.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I had a set of originals Fentons ( many years ago ) and sold them for over 5 hundred dollars ( back then ). Chevrolet actually had them on the 57 Chevy Black Widow race cars.

[​IMG]

Back then ( early 80's at the latest ) ... most any decent muffler shop had the flanges that fit the manifold to tailpipe junction.

Pretty sure ... a decent muffler shop would still have some :D

This is a decent link to more information about the 57 Chevrolet Black Widow cars.

http://www.57chevyblackwidow.com/qanda.html

LCGarage likes this.
  6. It's funny that none of the engines posted on that link ( that I saw anyway) have the Fentons on them. :)

7. AZRacer2000

AZRacer2000

Begging your pardon sir! The "ring" of the metal does NOT indicate the quality at all! But it does indicate whether they are steel or cast iron! As you well know, cast iron is much more forgiving for the heat that exhaust manifolds are naturally subjected to, therefore, MOST vintage pieces are "cast iron"... The tubular steel style headers are a much more recent invention! The really cool thing about these headers is that they are UNDER the spark plugs! Thanks, Phillip

8. Pretty sure that the Fenton's that were used ion the Black Widow's were not the same as these. They were a single dump with reinforcing ribs and much longer IIRC.

9. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

interesting , any pics of the original ones? i think i have found a set for sale
    wayne

10. Haven't been able to find a pic of the Black Widow ones in years.