Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back to the 50's Show day 1--and day 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Thanks! Saw you driving around and that truck of yours has been in my head ever since. I don't care what anyone says that thing is bad ass.

2. briancustoms

briancustoms

Thanks, it was a blast driving it around and seeing the looks on people's faces and watching people backhand those next to them so they wouldn't miss it. Saw a couple people almost kill themselves trying to "slug bug!" their significant others as well. :D The responses I got were well worth the hours I put into it over the winter and those to come yet.

It will be in Des Moines next weekend for the Goodguys show barring any unforseen problems.

3. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Haha, I know I had to do a double take to see what it actually was. My dad and I quit talking to just look at it, and that hardly happens during a car conversation.

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Yes, it was a vendor display car. It sat in the tremec transmissions display on the north end of the grounds.
    I guess if there's to many of the cars listed that you don't like, it makes getting past to the next car easier! :) I personally don't like many of the "rat rods" that were on display there, and there was at least one of those every block too, I just walk past and don't waste my time looking at them. The best part of the show IMO is the VARIETY!

5. Thanks for the back up sir.
    I like the variety also. I like traditional but to me hot rodding is about self expressison:) good or bad

6. Just do a search for "BobK". ;)

7. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Amen to that!

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I like that truck, send the girl my way.:D

9. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

Thanks...Glad you liked it. I just use a basic digital camcorder then speed it up with video editing software and try to get the action to sync up with the music in a few places. :cool:

10. the sky chair thingie was deemed unsafe by the members of the "paranoids" car club as some one may drool or relieve themselvse while over head of some their" open "cars ... or somthing to that effect they tried it the year it was installed and then poof..

i am at the lake now recovering from the emense overload of "i want that one too...s!"

11. vert1940

vert1940

overhead saturday

12. ok there is 2 overhead rides one is used apparently gee i prolly had a coupon for that...

13. Here are some photos I made last weekend. Some are already pictured in this thread, some are not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Pretty much... two of my buddies spent a lot of time checking it out. The guy is a modified racer and wanted to build something old and different. Granted... it's not a traditional car... or a hot-rod... but I'll bet my dollars to anyone's donuts that thing would be a riot to drive at the limit... which has to be pretty extreme. It's built from a ton of race car parts... and his grandfathers truck cab. Funny part is the young guy is about 6'-4" and has to jamb himself inside... it's for sale as he wants to build something a bit bigger. Dare to be...

Great shots... more please?

Did you buy chance get any shots of a chopped-low-unfinished '29 Tudor with an Industrial Hemi and orange wheels? That was my buddies car... it's far from finished and he just barely got it running in time to make it roadworthy enough to drive from the hotel to the show but he did it. There's a lot to do yet but it's slowly getting there. :)

Attached Files:

15. great pics guys. Hard to believe it's been almost a week. it's like the afterglow after a good lay.

16. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

That's EXACTLY why it isn't used. Because there were SEVERAL incidents the year they tried to use it. No paranoia, just fact!

17. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

18. +1. I even liked it when it was suede pale yellow. It's even bitchin'r now with the panel paint job on it.

19. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

We had a great time! Amazing on how big the fairgrounds are, perfect location for a show. I drove my '60 Dodge Dart from Muskegon,Mi. about 670 miles. (took Lake Express high speed ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee) We will be back that is for sure. Here are a few pictures I took. The first one is my Dart. A little rough around the edges with a 225 Slant Six

Attached Files:

20. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

a couple more i took.

Attached Files:

21. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I like slant "6" s I,ll bet she purred like a kitten, and geez I never heard the after glow of 50,s being like that of after a lay, oh well after 37 yrs and seeing it all it,s differant for everybody we work very hard to try to keep it user friendly and WE ARE GLAD YOU COME!!!!!!!! thanks

22. Stacie

Stacie

No wonder I didn't get any dates last weekend! Hee Hee! Everyone thinks I'm married. Jeff (Titus) and Jennie (Stichbitch) Bloedorn are like family to me. They're the best friends a girl like me could have!

Here are some pics from the weekend that Jennie took.

Attached Files:

23. blown41

blown41

Does anyone know the owner of this truck? My picture of the window sticker didn't turn out but I remember it said Minnesota. I live in Watertown, WI so I was just curious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Didn't get many pictures, but this was parked across from us one day in the dust bowl...interesting to say the least!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was my in-laws first trip to Minneapolis and the Back to the 50's, they enjoyed themselves even though they looked like deer in the headlights most of the weekend. Took my dads '35 down, and my uncle made his maiden trip in his '38.

[​IMG]

25. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

26. briancustoms

briancustoms

I know he's around me somewhere, he's at all the local shows I've been too, was even talking with my buddy about buying his '63 Impala.

27. sinks88

sinks88

Well now sinse thats al cleared up, Im sure you wont have any touble finding dates now ;)

28. Neat truck...

[​IMG]

Although you have it under the "R@t-Rod" banner... personally I'd call this truck a "Traditional Unfinished" hot-rod. Looks pretty cool to me... painted or not. I saw more than a few cars that people were unfairly or ignorantly refering to as rat-rods. I guess if you haven't painted your car you have now been lumped in with a large bunch of folks with very poor taste. To me if it has spider-webs, skullz, double-decker cabs, saw blades, mammal horns/antlers and shit cerimoniously all over it... now those are effin' "RAT-RODS". Stacie's roadster (above) isn't painted... so by some folks judgement her car is apparently one as well... but I wouldn't call it one... no sir... looks like an unfinished traditional hot-rod to me... all the way. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  29. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

People call my car a rat all the time to, cause it has the original paint that's patina'd? I know it isn't a looker by any means but c'mon. Gets real annoying quick.

30. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Definately one of the better proportioned "bobber" trucks I've seen.
    I kept noticing that one all weekend. Not a bad thing stuck on it for attention, no obnoxious exhaust system, just a neat well done truck.
    I'd take it one step further, and paint it the original blue/green color and drive it with a BIG smile!