Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back to the 50's Show day 1--and day 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

heh, sinks I was writing something quite similar and then erased it....but I agree....remember...it may be crap to you but gold to the next person...its all in the perception of ones likes and viewpoints.....remember...she likes you right? :)

2. ...I liked this Seagrave powered coupe....

Attached Files:

3. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Did anyone pay attention to this car? Belongs to a friend of mine who drove it up from Albert Lea on Sunday. The other side is a 4 Door. Most don't even notice it.

4. I would like to know how they let in a Ford Maverick, about a 1973 model? Seen it cruising the fairgrounds Sat. night. Suppose to be a 1967 and older show only!

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Actually it is 64 and older with a ban on Mustangs. I saw one of those Thunderbird's with 50 Ford front and rear sheet metal, I wonder what that was titled as?

B:confused:B

6. Sorry! fat fingers,meant 1964!

7. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

The T Birds have been in there before. The owners enter them as '49 or '50 Fords. It would be interesting to know what they are titled as. Personally, I don't think they should be allowed. And if the guy with the Maverick got caught, I'm sure his window sticker got pulled.

8. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

Hey personally, feel that back to the fifties should be just that..... mathematically....I do not recall a 60-64 being in the fifties....but hey...this is an odd world now....apparently we were taught different math back in the day.... heh

9. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Here's some pics from Friday morning.

Attached Files:

10. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

I've been to every "Back To The Fifties" since day one and it started out as Fifty Nine and earlier. A lot of people would like to return to the Fifty Nine cut off date. Not sure what year it went to Sixty Four but I don't see how you can go backwards now. When people with Sixty Four and newer cars whine about not being able to get in, I just ask them "Where are you going to put them"????

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  11. briancustoms

briancustoms

[​IMG]

It spent most of the weekend down in the dust bowl but Saturday morning it was parked on the corner across from the Futurliner.

12. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i dig this truck. he followed no rules & made it look cool. dirt track styled theme. maybe hes a racer with spare parts & wanted a cool old ride?

13. jjrodder

jjrodder

People with '64 & newer cars can go to the Car Craft event at the fairgrounds in a couple of weeks. The BTT50's '64 cutoff came about at the third or fourth event when it seemed the attendance was down. Like Sunroof Cord said, we can't go back now. Besides, everyone seems to get along just fine. JJ

14. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

Oh I know they get along, I just think its odd.... doesn't really fit the name anymore....Been going there a while now and I will have a car in there next year...i HOPE....just need a place to work on it as well.....oh well...one step at a time :)

15. this is the bees knees...any more pics please....

16. Hey Black Sheep - Thank you for posting this picture; [​IMG]
    John's beautiful El Camino...

17. Selling?? No thanks I still have enough.:D Glad you got your car there.

18. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

It hard to pick a favorite at a show with 12000 cars but that El Camino rates right up there...

19. Could have been a vendor display car. They allow newer cars for that.

20. i'm with you, great truck, totally unique. everytime it drove by everyone stopped and watched:)

21. Dont think it was a vendor display car. This was a P.O.S.! And it had a window sticker on it. I dont mind the early sixties cars but in my opinion way to many Buick Riviera's, Ford Fairlanes, Falcons, Comets. There had to been one of each every block! And I do like the Riv's, Fairlanes, Falcons, Comets but I went to see the 20's 30's 40's & 50's cars!

22. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

23. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

24. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

All in all BTT50s is the best damn four days (I go Thurs. to camp) of the year! Ya gotta luv it!

25. tracer55

tracer55
    from ohio

Does anyone have any info on the 1930/31 Model A coupe that was at this event.
    Gold with off white firewall,Flathead and whitewalls.
    Killer looking ride.
    The wife fell in love with the paint color, and we all know what the wife wants is what the wife**** well lets just say I told her I would try finding out some info on it!
    HELP

26. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

If you mean the one on the right in this photo, it belongs to buflochp right here on the HAMB.

27. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Lets see first, off the 59 to 64 deal my self and lomofo are responsable for,geez sunroof I thought you would recall that I think it was a huge cruzin custom deal, I think kathy was around they were cool cars and lots of em sat outside the gate (we did not have a parkin preoblem then)and thanks jj it was great to see ya and I hope you enjoyed it as we sure did! ya know this whole thing is your fault(just kidding),and bob do you recall what we talked about on fri , now just stop it or I will pull your super click sticker, as for the maverick, the young generation dont understand 64 and older they must not have got their math grades ,all and all I think it was a great weekend and we did break the old record thanks to all involved well now I have to go wash all the corn dog grease off my buford later

28. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

and bob do you recall what we talked about on fri , now just stop it or I will pull your super click sticker,

Nope I don't recall, I'm old enough to have a brain fart.
    I have more Super Clique stickers, Ha Ha Ha.

B:)B

29. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Let's get back to posting pictures of the event. Here's some more from Friday morning

Attached Files:

30. 65 impala

65 impala

event looked like a blast