Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much for car in wedding ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdmagnet, Jun 21, 2010.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

we paid a fellow club member $250 for his time and pristine 56 plymouth sedan. it involved about 3 1/4 mile trips, us and the wedding party and pics. so maybe an hour of his time. seemed fair to us.

2. bellavita13

bellavita13

I like the Kentucky agreement...reminds of Sicilian ones ;)

3. bellavita13

bellavita13

Nice!

4. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I took my daughter and a couple of here friends to their prom a couple years ago in this, and once in a while do a short tour or something for gas money, i got a couple limo outfits here that get a little testy when they see this out with a load in it, couple guys got real testy at Madonna Inn when I had the kids there, course the wife and I looked the part with long blacks on those boys started to get pissed.

Attached Files:

5. bellavita13

bellavita13

I'm lovin' this thread with replies referencing Bridezillas. When I see such drama I volunteer as handmaiden. Once I kicked everyone out of the bride's home causing me a headache whilst doing her makeup. Shortly thereafter I was asked to another wedding. Sometimes you've got to tell her and the family shut up and relax.

If they persist...duck tape works like a charm. Along with classic "silver", duck tape is now available in über fashionable colors. I carry white colored tape in my makeup attache`as a standard staple for weddings. If you happen to have to shut someone up at a funeral, forget about colors, grab whatever is available: http://www.duckbrand.com/Products/diy-products/color-duck-tapes/color-duck-tape.aspx

6. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

it all depends on the area. here in northern california (the wine country) people are willing to shell out $1000 for a 6 hour day and not think anything of it

7. DavidL

DavidL

Some friends our mine paid $200 to rent a 50's Rolls Royce to take them from the church to the reception. Funny part was it wouldn't start when it was time for them to leave so they had to ride in the back of the flower delivery van since everyone else had left the church.

8. Hahahaha.. love that!

9. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Cool thread! You've got me thinking now. Choice of 55 Oldsmobiles. Low long custom 4 door or Bad to the bone flaming sedan.(Just getting it finished.) Bride in the pretty one and Groom in the wicked one to meet up at the event? Then choice for ride around or glide along in his and hers to meet up nose to nose at a special photo place?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

10. VERY COOL ......... :cool:

Jim

11. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

do you have to wear a bowtie ?

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This is an excellent way to be sued, if you want to be in the classic auto mobile limo business get a license, have your cars inspected as required, pay the insurance and run a legitimate business. If you want to lose your car your house and have to pay some one a weekly payout for the rest of their lives operate a jinty cab/ limo service.
    Dumb stuff happens,when it does don't you want to be on the smart side of it?
    If you want to do a wedding do it for absolutely no money, not even a tip, that way they are just passengers and your regular insurance will cover most of your liabilities.

13. Mercchev

Mercchev

We do it for free, and every time so far Daddy wants to tip us...We invariably get invited to the reception afterwards, which is worth the price of admission...Done a handful in the last four years and had a lady ask about it last week at cruise night again. Lotta fun.

14. I've do it several times for friends,,but I won't be doing any more,,some kid dumped a whole bag of bird seen on the head of the groom and I'm still finding it 2 years later.

I never charged a dime and one couple decided to take photos before leaving the church and left me waiting in the summer heat for over an hour.

That was the end of the wedding deal for me. HRP

15. bellavita13

bellavita13

You've got a clever mind!

16. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

I don't really know about prices or anything but the guy down the road from me a ways is turning a 31' model a coupe into a limo. I thought that was a pretty cool idea for kids prom and stuff I will try to see if I can get some pictures.

17. calvinh

calvinh

I had a 63 Lincoln that we used to haul the groomsmen in a couple of weddings that I was in. I also toted a friends son and his date to his junior prom. Never did it for money and always had a blast. The car was loaned to a couple of friends to do similar things. Only problem I ever had was someone got sick and threw up on my back door panel but they paid to have it cleaned.

18. twofosho

twofosho

Bear in mind you can charge for the use of the car, but charging for livery (using the car for transport) can, and will subject you to a completely different set of rules. At the very least you need a commercial license (specific class depends on state), and possibly commercial transport insurance, in addition to commercial liability and collision insurance.

You may also be subject to local livery or for hire fees and licenses which can be prohibitive depending on how greedy your local politicians are. Case in point; a friend of mine has both his stretch limos up for sale because, even though he is licensed to do business in the city of Portland as a legitimate limo company, as of this year, exorbitant limousine and town car (read that as non taxicab) pick up fees were instituted in that locality. As 90% of his business originates there, and the newly instituted fees have taken away ALL his profit, he has effectively been put out of business.

Even if you are transporting without fee, if there is an incident and it can be proven you've "been hired" for the event, your insurance may be voided and you held personally accountable.

19. I used my car ('31 Model A 68C slant-windshield Cabriolet) in a wedding ONE time! I was asked by a friend to transport the bride and groom in the rumble seat (keep in mind the size of a Model A rumble seat, and the fact that you step on the top of the fender to get into the rumble), so I agreed to do it as a favor. When the couple comes out of the church I realize that the bride must weigh at least 325 lbs and the groom is nearly as large! Getting her fat ass in the rumble resulted in damage to the fender and rumble lid, The groom had to ride in the front with me because she filled the entire rumble seat! No offer to compensate me for any damages, just a "thanks". Oh, and I was finding rice and bird seed in my car a year later. Never again!

Jim

20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I did it once as a favor to a family friend. The morning of the wedding I cleaned my car and took it for a shakedown cruise. Suddenly my clutch pedal went to the floor and wouldn't come up, but I was able to drive home in second gear without stopping at intersections. I'd lost the clevis pin on my clutch linkage and barely fixed it in time for the wedding. Talk about panic!

I also worked part-time as a limo driver in the early 90's, sometimes driving some pretty exotic stretches. People are generally nice, but sometimes pigs. Good money, but they treat you like a servant.

You certainly don't want to do this as an income source without the proper licensure and insurance. One thing goes wrong and bridezilla will sue you and end up owning your ride!

21. Labold

Labold

Quick photo I snapped of a wedding that used our car for photos last wknd. It was a fun time.

Attached Files:

22. Heo

Heo

Last weekend i did it for a friend for free
    othetwise i start at 200! I dont think thats
    expensive, You have to wash and wax a damn
    big car, then 50 per hour if it take longer than
    an hour.
    One time the groom offered me 200 to do a burnout
    outside the church???? You should have seen the
    brides reaction hahaha, I think he was close to
    to have the shortest marriage in history

And one time.... eewwwhhhhh..... i helped the
    bride in to the backseat she lifted her skirt and
    i saw her leg....must have been chewbackas(sp)
    sister...real blond bride and the leg was so hairy
    it looked like the leg of a polarbear eeewhhhh
    grose.......shiwer when i think about it

23. Charge them the same as a stretched limo. Maybe a little more if you are going to make a taxi out of your ride you might as well get some coin.

Its one thing to drive someone you know that's an honor but a stranger common, that's like renting out your mule or somethin'.

24. swi66

swi66

One time one of the people in the local T-Bird club drove Aretha Franklin out onto a baseball field for a concert.
    High heel pierced the back seat as she was sitting on the back of the seat.
    And he wasn't getting paid for it.

Once agreed to chauffer a bride and groom in my Dodge Convertible.
    Got ugly when the wedding party came over to decorate my car with flowers and masking tape.
    No F'n way!
    I almost left them stranded at the church, and didn't leave my car unattended.

I know another guy who loaned his vintage Franklin to be used.
    Father of the Bride was running late, drove the car too fast and blew the motor.
    Wasn't supposed to take it over 45 mph.
    He blew the motor on the Thruway.

On my own wedding, my Brother was driving my 66 Coronet with me and the wife riding.
    Blew off a lower radiator hose.
    Not his fault, but things can go wrong with older cars.
    Have pictures of reattaching the hose, and begging water from a nearby house.

25. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I've done it three times. From $150.00 to $200.00. Most of the time it was a very short trip. Was a trip.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"