Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Back to the 50's Show day 1--and day 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

Great pictures.:cool:

I didn't take many pictures because it's just about impossible with all the people around, but here's a time lapse video of me driving the 41 Buick to the fairgrounds and through the show.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qA1K4NUKHPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qA1K4NUKHPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. vert1940

vert1940

sckracing....the sky chairs were going.we were in them,and took pics.only problem was,they had them running at warp speed...we got in,locked down,turned on my camera and the next thing i knew they were opening the door to let us out !

3. sinks88

sinks88

That&#8217;s Sweet!!! Love the girls that wrench, and stand up on her own feet and say what&#8217;s what! Good for her! the car is great and its loud! She could probably teach me more than a few things! (about cars!)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

That time lapse was awesome...thank you....so many cars....so little time....

5. sinks88

sinks88

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

That is toooooo! cool thanks

7. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Good lookin' roadster Adam!

8. Awesome pics! Thanks to everyone for posting them up. Looked like a great time!

9. This was really cool!

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Joe G: great vid and perfect choice of music.

that stock Willys seems to show up every year. A real crowd favorite

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

This show always amazes me - there is just too much to see and do......
    this year was a first for me to make it down to Porkys - those greasy fries are great!

12. Great job on this video... love the music as well!

Looks like the Nations largest "Pick-a-Part" Scrapyard with rows of cars with their hoods open... and Missing fenders... hoods... and running boards!! Hahaha!

Thought I saw Povertyflats with Bobwop darting out in front of your car... most likely they're trying to get hit and collect the insurance!

What kind of camera did you use?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  13. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Did anyone get pics of that VW bug made into a 5w truck? I walked all day trying to find it, but no luck.

14. Falconman had a Aussie buddy/business aquaintance here for the show and some street rod touring of the western US (a month on the road in a 36 Ford coupe). I'm jealous too. I meet him but didn't forgot his name.:confused:

15. somebody must have more pics of this sprint truck

16. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I was able to go to the show for several hours while passing through town on friday. First time attending this event, although I did attend the 89 Street Rod Nats when it was here (Best fairgorunds around for a car event). Never seen half the cars in the posted photos. What a huge event many great cars. Hope to go again and spend the whole weekend.

17. Cool video Joe G. It really visual captures the feeling of it all.
    LOL Wingnutz.

18. Ya gotta get Porkys onion rings next time. Rings of the Gods:D

19. Great story. I'm even more impressed.:eek:
    Thanks to everyone setting me straight on Jeff, Jen and Stacie. I met Jeff and Jen at his open house last summer but my 55 year old brain forgets alot these days:rolleyes::confused:.
    I love this hot rod lifestyle/universe:)

20. Aftrshck

Aftrshck
    from Duluth, MN

I totally feel ya....even though I am a couple years younger....nice to see locals here!!!!! I am a rookie just starting out but holy crap this site moves FAST.....

21. I've never seen an "anti chop" before. I wonder why the never cought on?

22. Ya got that right. ZOOOM fastcars fastwebsite

23. sinks88

sinks88

Its sucks I missed the HAMB Meet and Greet! Seesko, I was planning on selling you some magizines ;)

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool pics! We had a booth there, but I took the F-100 Black Pearl to Eyes on Design in Detroit. I sure missed BTT50s though.

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I cant help but feel I'm missing out by not seeing pictures of Stacie in her roadster. It looks pretty damn cool BTW.

26. Bull

Bull

His name is Ian . . . and I, too, am very jealous of their trip, though I'll be meeting up with them in Des Moines for the Goodguys show next weekend and Iola, WI for the swap and show the following week.

27. AntiBling

AntiBling

I don't know why you want more pics of that thing, but here you go, stolen from this chick I know's album.

[​IMG]

On a side note, I could use some advice, this girl has got it bad for me after one date. She's into old cars but I've tried to explain to her what I like. How do I tell her nicely that her taste in cars is crap in my opinion lol.

28. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

29. sinks88

sinks88

Be honest:
    "Hey you know what I like, and I know what you like, but the great part about life is we don't have to like the same things!, so as long as you understand that, things will be alright"

IDK, I guess thats the route I would go

Then just educate her the HAMB way! Oh maybe not, because the HAMB way can get a bit rough! ;)