Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage goodguys des moines iowa july 4th weekend ! who's going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jun 14, 2010.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

bull love this setup ! checked out the car at btt 50s but didn't run into ya ! hope to check out your camper if ya don't mind i've been wanting to build one to run behind the roadster pickup and wana get some ideas !

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

will the legion spl. be there ?

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will be there with my '35.....many people were assuming I was going to set up at the show......but I can no longer afford to set up at the Good Guys shows as a vendor so i will just go to the show and hang out.

I will be there Friday and Saturday - Sunday is the 4th and I have a family function to attend.

I am hoping to see some people I have not seen since last years Good Guys!

Will there be a HAMB meet and greet on Sat?

and Master of None - what are the other shows in the area?

4. Bull

Bull

Brock . . . no problem. We're leaving MN early Friday morning and will be there for the duration.

So what's the deal with camping anyway? Do we need reservations? We'll have a few people with us as well . . .

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

adam i don't believe you will need reservations ! i believe it's first come first serve ! and theres plenty of room so i wouldn't worry about not getting a spot ! they will take care of you when you arive at the campgrounds , just let them know how many days your camping and they will take your money and give you a slip to put on your camper !

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

john you deserve a break i see you working everywhere i go !hope to visit with ya a little ! enjoy the weekend !

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

8. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I will be there on saturday, see you there!

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

I wish!

10. tractorguy

tractorguy

How is the swap meet at Goodguys Des Moines ? I haven't been there in about 7yrs. Might want to sell some parts and some literature. Where is swap meet set up and is it decent size and attendance ? Thanks

11. MORodder

MORodder

I'm going but with a modern day truck, no hot rod finished yet. Sucks.

*Looking for 2 more 16" ford steelies, 2 model T rear springs, rear dropped spring for my 40 Ford Coupe, and a complete dropped I-Beam assy. for model A* Let me know if you have 'em!

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

what time you guys want to have the meet and greet ? sat say around 1.30 at the building on the main drag with the wrap around porch ( sorry cant recall the name of it maybe someone can chime in ) same place it was last year ?

13. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

swap meet is right inside the fairgrounds close to everything going on ! as far as size i would say it isn't that big but oddly enough theres always some interesting stuff there !

14. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

present! count me in got to work firday but will be there as much as i can

Brock, varied industries building

Nick if you looking for some great food in des moines check out the flying mango http://www.flyingmango.com/
    and lots of bars on court ave down town

15. I'm gonna maker...prolly Saturday. if Lori ain't goin' maybe StevieNash will join in. Hope the weather is decent. Usually hotter than hell, and last year I froze my ass off, what was it, like sixty degrees on the 4th?

16. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

anyone have a sugestion for a time for a meet and greet ! like i said earlier its been held at the building i cant recall the name of on the main drag , large wraparound porch !

17. Gonna be there all 3 days and I may have an extra Shiner Bock with me. I usually try to park close to where the meet and greet is going to be I think.
    Later,
    Dick

18. rabidcustoms

rabidcustoms
    from Iowa

I'm looking forward to going on Sat. :cool:

19. War Eagle

War Eagle
    from SE MN

I plan on being there...

20. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

We can't come till Sunday. Racing Saturday night but plan to be there all day Sunday as spectators. Tried to get the '57 ready to come but having trouble with the gas sending unit leaking!

SPark

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks, Derrick!

Glad to hear you'll be there!
    Looking forward to it -- see you guys on Friday/Saturday!

22. Dustmite Dragster

Dustmite Dragster

I'll Be There Working, Minnesota Hot Rod Hardware!

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so it is official?

Saturday at 130pm?

24. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'm in, probably going to leave Omaha late afternoon on Thursday be there early evening and just hang-out at the host motel thurs. nite. Head over to the fairgrounds friday AM. Gary

25. ScottV

ScottV

Was planning of coming from Omaha ...

That was until this past week reared up and kicked me in the asterisk.

Found out that I am kind of outa work (5 days now!) my wife needs surgery on her hand that if she doesn't get there is a 75% chance it will be crippled in the next couple of years. The only time that could be scheduled is July 2nd. Then we found out the insurance will not cover it because it is considered "elective" and Oh by the way we are raising you premium almost 80% (Thank You Mr. Obama)

But in perspective, it could be worse ... you guys at least think of me while you're there...

Have fun, ScottV

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  26. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'll be headed down wed night ! sounds like i'll be seeing some of you fri

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

good luck on all that ScottV

gotta do what you can to preserve the good health while ya can.

Believe me - we would not have our kid here if not for the miracle of science and surgery.

The problem now is that since we were considered experimental........will our kid be covered under future heart surgeries?

Who knows........????

Cross that bridge when we get there - all I know is that we received a letter from the insurance company stating no more experimental stuff will be covered by insurance. (Thank you insurance companies)

If you get a chance to come over be sure to stop at the Meet and Greet at 130 pm on Sat.

I am guessing this is still on?

so far the weather looks amazing!

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hey Guys,

Ol' Cob will be there Fri- Sat- Sunday....

Normally the meet and greet is on the porch of the building right where the Pepsi Clock post sign is right at the corner of the main drag and the triangle intersection.
    1:30pm Saturday - ok - see you there.

Sorry I couldn't do a cookout this year like I did last year - work just won't let me prep in time and let alone trying to sort out the wagon.

Anyway - if you see the wagon stop by and shoot the shit.

Travel Safe,

Cob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  29. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there on Saturday and I'll try to find you guys around 1:30. Anyone from Cedar Rapids going on Saturday that has room for a rider? The guy I was planning on riding down with can't go.

30. Downtown would be a fine choice. There's a variety of good places to eat and drink down there. Parking isn't too bad (there's some street parking, a public lot, and some ramps), but I'd limit the number of old cars you drive if you don't take a cab.