Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

gonna roll a 79 pinto longroof panel with wood sides to it. brown on 14" slots and still has the white lettered tires. the best part is the mushroom window. if I get there early enough I plan to power park that bad boy looking forwards to seeing all the 70's hotrods.. with the 4 banger it should get good miles on the drive out. I am adding an extra day or so because it does not like to roll over 65.

2. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

The Frog Follies in Evansville, IN. is still pre 49, good sized show and swap meet.

3. Matt, I'm trying to put together a stash Pintos and Vegas out here in the Dakotas for trading material for your Deuce panel since you won't be needing it now! :D

4. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Yeah, we know! Geez's! Great show..

5. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

HA! almost forgot about that....good old fashion bar fight!

6. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Good try Jerry....Good try! HA :)

7. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

i plan on going just to see what comes..my uncle is going to buy the rattiest 79 Lincoln he can find...make it chug smoke and have 100s of exhaust leaks... and just leave it at the fair grounds once its over...

8. So, in in 4 years I can take my '84 F250 diesel? Hot dog, never thought it would be a 'Street Rod'.

Steve

9. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Ive looked forward to unveiling my car at that show and i will be abscent.
    NSRA with all the history this club has at this show and all the magazines i read growing up admiring this event i will never go now not even if they changed it back.
    Damn sell outs!

10. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Your Uncle should find one of the NSRA Officers's cars and power park next to it! Or maybe "break down" in front of the Walker Radiator trailor?

Just a thought!:D

48 Poncho

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  11. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I am not going but just might go to see this.......this would be so funny. I would fill it full of gas and never shut it off...smoke the whole friggin place up.....then run it thru inspection

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Brilliant! :D

13. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I belonged for several years but let it lapse this year. I dropped Goodguys too. I'd rather support the Hamb and read the threads here. I think NSRA needs to upgrade their image as others have said and Goodguys seems too "gold chain" for me. I like the hands on nature of the Hamb and the atmosphere.

14. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Dad said he had a crazy-assed dream about the late models getting into the street rod nationals. He said all of the late models had Model A grill shells worked into the front sheet metal....vegas, camaros, mustangs, impallas...everything.

He said the most fucked up part was having a conversation with the owner of a 57 ford and telling the the guy that he really liked the Model A grill conversion.

15. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

This is just plain wrong. 60's and 70's cars with stock wheels?

[​IMG]

16. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Flipper.........that about sums it up....."Serving STREETROD fanatics since 1970" and have a picture of a trans am,Pontiac,and a Galaxie in the middle of the picture.
    UNBELIEVEABLE

17. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Have you seen the VSRA??

[​IMG]

18. Now that just pisses me off! It's one thing to be diligent in controlling spectator admission, it's quite another to be so arrogant in your own authority that you refuse to listen to reason and further refuse to help a registered, (make that twice registered) "member" resolve the problem. Kudos to you for not having occasion to tell us what Luvulle jail food tastes like.

19. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Theres a large vendor I know who was treated in a similar manner by NSRA staff, and they stopped spending the huge money to exhibit with them. By the way, Goodguys fees to exhibit are quite a bit less, and Goodguys kisses their butts and thanks them for participating. Go figure.

20. solid

solid

go to goodguys indy(probably get wet) or columbus, great cars, great vibe, and racing. goodguys shows are better than the nats. nsra couldnt have dicked their members any harder if they tried. add muscle cars and later cars and trucks to a show where the members prided themselves on being pre 49, what a slap in the face.

21. 26 roadster

26 roadster

stopped going to any event that wasn't for charity or a cause twenty years ago. I don't want to make someone else rich on my labor but I will donate. I guess I have seen to much change, trailer queens, and people that can't change plugs let alone build a car so now I am just grumpy.

22. Bama

Bama
    from Hodges, AL

Hey guys try checking out the new club VSRA..I joined membership is almost 300..in just a few months...pre 49's only can join!!! This is the best way to give the NSRA a black eye for stabing us in the back......VSRA web http://www.vsra-usa.com/

23. hotrodhillbilly23

hotrodhillbilly23
    from Indiana

Been to every one since '96 (I know, but I'm a young pup) and made up my mind last year I wasn't going. Goodguys Indy is closer to home, and I can see some vintage racing to boot. Looville is just another car show at this point.

24. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

NSRA since 87, but dropped my membership this year, ain't going, plenty of other shows and things to do.

25. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Really wanted to unveil my car at this pre 48 nsra event next year but they can lick my sack never going to it.
    With all the heritage at this event and growing up looking at street rodder mags and all the histoy and coverage there and to turn it into a circus now F them.....

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

For a while there I was mellowing out and had considered going to Louisville in hopes that maybe it really won't be a clusterfuck....but all of the pre-1980 propoganda in Street Scene and Street Rodder just pisses me off more and more each month.

Fuck them and "this is what the membership asked for" bullshit.

27. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

If you have ever been to the Louisville Street Rods open car show in Sept. in Iroquois Park, then you have some type of idea what to expect at this year's NSRA event. That event has been a joke for years. They say no saving spaces. Then you drive through at 8:00 a.m. and see the 1st mile lined with lawn chairs all tied together with rope blocking off about 50 parking spaces. If you complain to the members, they just ignore you.

28. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I talked to a friend that got his entry for this years nats today. His number is in the 4800's. Its only 7 weeks away. Kinda looks like the people have spoken!! We will see.

29. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I did knoxville in may--gave it the benefit. it wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but I just didn't feal right. I"m not planning to go back next year--or to Louisville for that matter--I'll spend my vacation time and money going to frog follies instead.

30. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

That is unbelievable.

Not saying it is not true or I don't believe you, I am just amazed that number is that low.

Don't they usually hit 12,000 plus?

What has the attendance been the last few years?