Register now to get rid of these ads!

any HAMBERS ever cut a body into?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, May 12, 2010.

1. Exactly! I mean folks have been having sex with farm animals since the dawn of time, still don't make it right:eek:

2. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This is one the worst things done to a nice car ive ever seen!:confused::eek::confused:
    That poor thing could have been done so many other ways but this abortion!:(

On the other hand im still puzzled to what you wanna do?
    I might agreee im too long when i post, but too short of an explaination aint that good either!

3. fbama73

fbama73

Yes, because the entire world knows that poor spelling= lower intelligence. I mean, look at that Albert Einstein guy, for crying out loud!

4. briancustoms

briancustoms

If it's what you want to do, do it. I've never really understood why people must OK their ideas with people on websites. It always leads to a bunch of morons trying to either talk you out of it cause they're too scared to try it themselves, or say you're stupid for wanting to because it's not what the other sheeople do to their cars. Just save everything you cut out until you're done completely, it's just steel, it can be welded back on if it turns into more work than you can handle.

Yes, I've done it. Here's my Beetle with a '48-'55 Chevy truck cab that I narrowed about a foot, channeled about 8 inches, sectioned almost a foot, chopped a few inches, and reworked to make a pretty kickass rod.

[​IMG]

5. indygasser

indygasser

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

oops...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  7. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

I literally LOL'd

8. kirby1374

kirby1374

hasn't scootermcrad recently finished a speedster like/racecar one seater? I don't know what he started with but I assume the car is narrower than when he started.

9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Never mind...

10. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

I would love to see it. Please post some pics of the car before so we can get a better idea. Here is what I am thinking of what it would look like.
    40_ford_coupe.jpg
    :cool:

11. indygasser

indygasser

that.s just fine by the wat mine is a two seater:eek:i thank you all!:D ps hope my spelling was OK for all the english majors out there lol:D

12. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Talk to Zibo about that. He knows a thing or two about that.

13. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

narrow.jpg

I just want to read about someone spitting there coffie again! :D

14. firingorder1

firingorder1

Its not that we are english majors. Its just that we'd like to read something without having to figure what the hell you're writing.

15. codeblu

codeblu

He can always restart the "Did I Ruin my car thread"

16. I cut a Corvette in half once. Well the word "cut" doesn't really describe it correctly. I jacked the car from the middle of the frame, the car literally broke in two. Didn't matter though, I bought it for the T10 and engine. Cost me all of $200 and sold the remains for $600. I should post pics but the wife is asleep and I don't know how to use the scanner.

17. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

There was a 61 Econoline van shortened and narrowed mounted on a Willys Jeep chassis back in my hometown years ago. Always looked like it would fall on it's side if it took a corner. Ton of work and it was done well, but you always had to wonder why?

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Anybody have any pictures of the Studebaker that Plowboy's buddy did all of the surgery on? I think that one was narrowed wasn't it? Surely I'm not the only one that remembers it. it turned out looking real good......or at least acceptable.

Frank

19. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Hmmmm, I'd like to see that.:)

20. KK500

KK500

21. I finally found one in Prague of a Citroen 2CV....

This is a stock car
    [​IMG]

The text and pics that follow are from the site for the narrowed car:

http://nemesis-to-go.livejournal.com/9413.html

[​IMG]

At first glance, this might look like an ordinary Citroen 2CV. But look again, and you'll see that someone's taken a strip of metal out of the middle and welded the two sides together, thus creating an unfeasibly narrow car. It's a two-seater (tandem style) and barely wider than a motorbike.

[​IMG]

Here's a rear-end shot. Note that the car is so thin it's barely wide enough to accommodate the spare wheel on the boot lid. Whoever did this is (a) an engineering genius, and (b) a loony!

22. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

For a Citreon I think it might be an improvement. But it looks like the Econoline Van I talked about. Ready to fall over in the right wind storm.

23. ive cut my packard cause its just to damn wide. still deciding how much to take out before it gets stiched back together.
    before.
    [​IMG]

after.
    [​IMG]

24. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

I had the displeasure to repair/test drive the Citroen 2CV when I was a mechanic in England. An interesting concept(the design brief was similar to the VW bug), but awful to fix and even worse to drive. terrible body roll when cornering, I always felt the door handles were about to make contact with the road. One of the most gutless cars I have ever driven; actually, no that might be a Fiat 500(known as "the hairdryer", 'cause it look like one and is about as powerful).

Anyway, one of the most dangerous cars every produced as far as crash safety, and making the thing even thinner....ouch!! A collision with a bicycle would cut the POS in half.

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ yeah, i agree w/ all you said dude^^^
    those 2cv are hideous, and you dont know how much of a following they have.
    Anyway, i thought id never say this, but they actually ruined it, it was nicer b4.
    This said:

Indygasser, did you cut your car then?

26. indygasser

indygasser

Yes.cut her right down the middle,chop also channel to! running a 62 Impala chassis 119 wb

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Another example of a good narrowing of a body would be a 1 man modified. Mostly they were '26-'27 T roadsters that were narrowed the width of the cowl vent with the driveshaft going between the legs of the driver. There have been a few posted on here.

Frank

28. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

James427 wins the laugh of the day award.

29. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I cut My 60 Camino in half, that was the easy part, puting it back together has been the hard part, but it's almost done. Feel free to pm Me if You would like to ask any questions about Mine. Von Doc

Attached Files:

30. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

This has been done to two very famous competition cars [ in USA ]

Bill Stroppe did this to Parnelli Jones' "Oly Bronco" for desert racing.
    but the most famous was. . . . . . . Smokey Yunicks 7/8 scale Chevelle for Nascar.
    Apparently Nascars body templates didn't measure across the vehicle, so he used this loophole to reduce drag co-efficient
    He always had a thinner interpretation of the rules than the rulemakers did! [the man was brilliant]
    So narrowing a car is on the innovative side of creativity, do it! [properly]