Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy *ahem* gal... Kind of.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Vintage_Vixen, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

Okay... here's the deal. I've been posting a few things, ruffling feathers(like I do everywhere I go), and lurking here since mid-May, and it just now dawned on me that I never properly introduced myself. Let me fix this.
    My name is Carey, I'm from Pittsburgh. I have a small time classic car photography business and just recently picked up a gig writing/photographing for a magazine(no I won't tell which one right now, either). I spent 3 months working for the World of Wheels/Autorama show circuit, made some awesome friends and even danced and had breakfast with Mr. Winfield.
    Cars I have? My dad and I have a '65 slingshot that we're re-doing a few things on, which I will be racing in one or two seasons. My daily driver is a Chevy Cavalier... not a rod but shhh don't tell her that. =) That's all for now!

2. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome to the HAMB from Nebraska.

3. glockkf

glockkf
    from st louis

welcome from St. Louis, MO

4. Welcome Carey. Now about that avatar.......................:D

5. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

LOL That damned avatar ruffles so many feathers around here!! Yes guys, that's really me in the avatar. I do a little pin-up style modeling when I have the time. (Key words when I have time) :)

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Howdy from Texas. I used to live around Pittsburgh; yucky roads, and yucky weather.

7. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

A big Welcome from Des Moines,Iowa!

8. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

Good news then... the roads are still crap(and always under construction), and the weather is just as bad(it's rained pretty much every day for 2 weeks). That definitely counts as "yuck". haha

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

More, please! Pretty please...

10. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I do have others, but unfortunately(for you guys) they're not exactly hamb appropriate. The imagination works wonders, though. :D hahaha!

11. Welcome from Arkansas. I only have one thing to say about your avatar...

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from Maryland. Remember me? The guy with the balloons at the Jalopy Showdown meet and greet.

Yep, that really is her in the avatar!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  13. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

old cars and cute chicks ARE hamb appropriate :)

14. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I unfortunately didn't make it to the meet and greet, I did however see the pictures of you and the balloons. And your car? Love it! I really wanted to spend some time shooting pictures of it but never made it that far. :(

Okay, I suppose you're right. I stand corrected. That being said.... nobody here wants to see pictures of me, they want to see the cars! :D

15. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I am very intrigued as to what this one thing you have to say is............ hahaha

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Welcome from VA - I love to travel to PA but glad I do not live there too cold for my old bones :)

17. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, missed you at the meet and greet, but that's where the action was Friday night for sure. But saw you and your camera later on Saturday. Again, thanks for all the great shots of the event! Made it almost as good as being there for those who couldn't make it.....

18. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

you are correct. The HAMB is no place for photos of you... But you could post a link to them.

19. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Welcome! I don't have a problem with your avatar.;)

20. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

It's too cold for me sometimes too.... especially when I'm in the barn taking care of my horses!
    I'm glad you liked all the shots, I didn't take as many as I normally do bc I was having equipment issues, so I made up for it with whiskey, beer, and mud with Mr. hotroded! =)
    There's a link to my website on here. I think. If not, it's http://www.myspace.com/VintageVixenPhotos and it's got a ton of shots from different shows I've covered... as well as an album just for shots of me. :)

21. G'day Carey,
    Good luck with the rail-

23. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

It suuuuure does.... I know mine gets me in trouble all the time.... :D

24. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

O/T I have 4 horses in Florida - too old to bring them to VA they'll freeze to death, lol - Horse and Hod Rods two of my favorite things :)

25. If ya ain't gettin in trouble then ya ain't livin right, right? :rolleyes:

26. oh sorry....enchanted with your avatar..
    Welcome to HAMBville. I don't think too many peeps on here are gonna care what you are driving.

27. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

Hi Carey...and welcome from Indiana...

28. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

good to see more Gals come round these parts

29. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

I'm glad to see that someone else sees it my way! lol

It's a good thing they won't care, because my little yellow cavalier isn't exactly HAMB appropriate. :)

30. rustbucketcb

rustbucketcb
    from Joplin, MO

Haha, isnt that the truth!
    Yeah, I was a lil confused, because I had saw some threads that you posted, and then realized you were in the intro section...? But, it all makes sense now!

Welcome to the HAMB from Joplin MO!
    I think its awesome to see the gals that are into hot rods/cars.
    My fiance her self, loves cars, but its more for the appreciation factor, but theres nothing wrong with that :)