Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Elvis - How about a blue suede 59 Crown?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AutoArt66, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Fellow Hamb Brother's & Sisters -
    Just drug this old dog home. Complete and all original with 84k on it. Last registered in 1968. Sweet old 413 that just turned over in my garage for the first time in 30+ years ... God I Love this shit.....:)

Plans to get it running first, then stopping second..after that ?

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow that is a rare bitch!!! Good for you. Let OZ chop it for you.

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Did you buy that off of Red Oaks Craigslist? I was sooooo close to buying it.

4. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

How about some shots of that 413. Nice find by the way.

5. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

man that profile is bitchen....I picture kustom fodder, static drop, new bright work, mile deep paint (any will look good really) and if a chop were done I would keep it mild....just to improve the lines (which are damn close to perfection as is)

6. sololobo

sololobo

Oh my God! What a super find, a dude in Omaha is hoarding one, but he is "going to fix it up". Sure. Great score man, one of the coolest factory customs ever produced. Enjoy!! ~Sololobo~

7. Wow that is a good score for sure. I just saw a one at a show a couple of weeks ago that had only subtle changes and look fantastic. The guy had done a white '60s style button tufted interior, leather, vinyl, naugahyde or something like that and as far as I could tell restored the rest of the interior. It had wide whites, was lowered slightly and was painted mother of pearl white. People were spending more time around that car than they were the full-on customs at the show. Damn that is a good score. Congrats...

8. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

"Hoarder of one", you crack me up Solo!:D:D

9. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Great score! I think it would look good in black.

10. sololobo

sololobo

Frankie 47, hoarding one Imperial and a yard full of other great MoPar gems. As ol' Kenny Rodgers said: gotta know when to hold'em--and know when to fold'em!! But remember "he is going to fix it up"!! ~Sololobo~

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man thats a great score beauty , id paint it plumb crazy purple lol way cool

12. I got the 1959 Imperial in the garage finally. I actually brought this one home instead of my shop. My wife comes in after looking over the latest "drag it home" and says "There's a black widow out by that car" well of course in my mind all spiders big or small are black widows to her, so I don't think much about it.... whoops.
    Yesterday morning I went out into the garage and the whole car from the floor to the ceiling was covered with screwed up looking dust webs?:eek: Under closer inspection all real deal black widows. So far 28 crushed or shopped vac'd up... Ive had mice, hornets, birds, bats etc... But this ones given me the willies... My wife asked if I found the black widow..."Yup, killed it".

Here's some more pictures. Cars a 413 with the push button automatic. Factory AC, PB, PS, PW, PA and cruise control. It has the power split bench seat with the pivoting sides. Its been parked since 1968 but so far nothings frozen up.

More later - Thanks for the encouragement!

Attached Files:

13. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Maybe you should call it "The Black Widow" even though it's corny. That Imperial is in amazing shape.

14. Haha. Nice score.

15. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

that is bad ass...

16. beauishere

beauishere

Sorry, I know it's a dirty word around here, but that beauty would look perfect restored to stock. Congratulations!

PS... You didn't get all the black widows with a vacuum. I'd gas it.

17. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Different year, but a little inspiration for you-

D'Agostino did his RIGHT!

Attached Files:

18. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

That rear end looks fantastic...no need for any customizing on this one. Im really digging those wires wheels too...the possibilities you have

19. Nice cars..but a bitch to drive with those damn square steering wheels..

20. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking and great road cars. I rode in and drove a black one that a friend had back about 44 years ago that I really liked.

That's a car that just doesn't need much done to it and any serious customizing will probably detract from rather than add to the car. Super slick and shiny paint, static lowered a bit an a nice interior and off down the road cruising.

22. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

A great find and a rare Exner era Mopar!

And choppin' that would be like poppin' for the coin to give your 78 year old mother inlaw a boob job, patently wrong on all counts!

And D'Agostino's fling at building kustoms from large bodied" Yank Iron" are way over done and ugly!

" The ice cream truck in his neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter "

23. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Check out the new "Car Kulture Deluxe" rag!

24. wizzard23

wizzard23

My dad had one of these in the mid 60's . It was a very dark gray with back half of roof black vinyl, front half stainless steel. It had all the options you mentioned but believe it or not, no air. It was just an old used car that I,m sure he bought pretty cheap. I was a young driver that thrashed it plenty hard. When the tranny gave it up it sat in a local salvage yard for years. Last I heard it had been sold to someone in Pa. who was going to restore it. I would of loved to had it but restoration would have been way too spendy for me.

25. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I covet the grille. I've been looking for one to put in my '56 Nomad. '59 Imperials are hard to beat from any angle, that's for sure!