Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Model A's with fenders and running boards... let's see 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by decker, Jun 16, 2010.

1. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

my offering....

Attached Files:

2. Slick ride :cool:

I've gotta admit... the full fenders and boards are really growing on me. Frankly fenderless cars appear more racy but a well done car with the "flappers" on it is quickly gaining appeal... as has clearly been seen in this thread.

Maybe having fenders and running boards on your car will be the new flat black and red wheels by next year. :)

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Of course; On a car; But it ain't all for look. Trimming off excess weight is the reason real hot rodders take the fenders off.............:cool:.

4. So... aluminum blocks and heads, titanium chassis and steering components and carbon fiber body panels are the new flat black & red wheels??? :D

I'm still slowly gathering the parts to do my fenderless coupe on a '32 chassis (almost there)... but after that I'm seriously considering building a '28 roadster with fenders-n-boards.

5. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

6. Hey thanks for letting me know I aint a real hot rodder!

7. Hot rodders usually took their fenders/boards off at the "lakes", or wherever else they raced. Not really necessary for bombing around on the streets. I like fenders and boards. It almost looks unique next to all the fenderless cars out there. I also am digging unchopped Model A's and 32's. There's oh so many chopped, that the unchopped ones are beginning to appear "trick" to me

8. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

9. Bull

Bull

A quick cell phone pic I took this weekend at Titus' house. This is his neighbor Brian's A Tudor. Dropped axle, juice brakes, 40 banjo rear, hopped up flathead 8 and toploader. Way cool!
    [​IMG]

10. Bull

Bull

And my in-progress A Tudor that Titus is building:
    [​IMG]

quickrack-alan likes this.
  11. ... and that's exactly why I started this thread... the HAMB is a sea of fenderless (but good) traditional cars... but the ratio of fenderless to fendered has to be 10:1. As a matter of fact... has anyone seen or can recall a "build" thread of a fendered "A" ?

Not trying to move OT here... but I think '33's & '34's look way better with fenders than they do without them.

I betcha' we've all seen a gazillion "street rod's" over the years with fenders... and almost every one of them has some crappy looking graphics... and billet... lot's and lot's of billet. :rolleyes:

12. Bull

Bull

A few more that I've collected from this site (some of which may be in this thread already):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Bull

Bull

14. Is Titus starting some new baby-blue wheel trend over there in Minnesota... or did you have to put them back on the roadster after the picture? :D

(Btw... that roadster is looking sweet and the windshield is killer... hope to see it this weekend at BTT50'z)

15. Bull

Bull

HAHA . . . what's funny about that is I had always planned on baby blue for this car and I've had the car for 21 years. Then Titus painted the wheels on his (now FalconMan's) 36 roadster baby blue. He started on my car shortly after that. Then Stacie started on her roadster and went with baby blue wheels that she had planned on for 3 years. There's a whole lot of teasing each other going on at Titus' shop when were all there working on our hot rods. :D

16. Maybe y'all've seen the pastel colored cars in Edward Scissorhands too many times... :D

"Tuesday's with Titus" must be a helluva' fun night.

After peeking at your thread I think I just might have to go see if the old timer that has this in his back forty is ready to part with it yet... I'm sure my family would rather have a 4 seater... but this isn't about them... :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Toner283

Toner283

Here is ours: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348159

My dad is on here now too, so far just a lurker though. I got him registered & ready to go, he just has not posted anything yet. He is Rons30Coupe.

18. A Model Art

A Model Art

Here is a picture of my car.

Attached Files:

19. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Here's mine - more pics in my profile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

My Truck Project...

Attached Files:

21. Bull

Bull

My Tudor will have a back seat. Not a whole lot of room for much else in a Tudor, but you can seat 4 so long as you don't channel it and Z the frame all to hell.

22. dutched32

dutched32

some I like

Attached Files:

osage orange likes this.
  23. no55mad

no55mad

OHC 2L Ford powered.

Attached Files:

24. sure ....lots...... glad you like it. Here's a few.

Attached Files:

osage orange likes this.
  25. I'd be curious if someone did a poll after this thread to see if more people like fendered or non. I prefer fenders. But, if more people did fendered, it may be less novel.

26. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Fendered, no chop, steelies, no offense, if I had a chance to pick any of the previous.... Corn Cobs. Its just rare to have the soft top. All are way kool.

27. derelict

derelict

28. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

My 2 cents :D

Attached Files: