Register now to get rid of these ads!

How low should I go with my 54 2dr. sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WCRiot, Jun 3, 2010.

1. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

I say bag it ! But im slightly partial !

3.jpg

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

haha maybe I could get some square wheels on mylawn chair so It could lay frame !!!:D

3. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Back in the late 50s my best friends brother had a 54 Ford 2dr sedan; it was painted two-tone brown, hood shaved, spot lights, spinners, full length fender skirts, a windshield visor and full length lake pipes. It was so low that only two fingers would fit between the ends of the pipes and the ground.

Sure he had to take it easy driving around but it was one of the coolest cars I've ever seen.

Ya do the "Traditional" thing.... lower it as far as you can.

4. big creep

big creep

do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!

5. Mine is not done yet but so far I have the Gambino notch kit in the back with air bags with new dearched leaf springs and blocks. I'm still running the stock torque tube rear end but would like to switch to an open drive shaft and use the truck arms. With the all the air out of the bags the rear spring hanger sits about 1 -1.5" off the ground. The front has fatman dropped up-rights and and cut springs.

I did have to change the rear wheel wells and raise the drive shaft tunnel. My stock bench seat still fits in the front but I will have to modify the base of the rear seat to fit over the new drive shaft tunnel.[​IMG]

6. I say bag it and get it as low as possible. Air bags give the flexlbility to profile and drive the car at any ride height needed.

7. Rule #1: have fun and enjoy your ride!
    Rule #2: See rule #1
    It's all about having a good time and getting to drive your ride. You need to take into consideration if you are going to take any long road trips. How easy will it be to find spare parts out in the middle of nowhere from aftermarket stuff. Dependability makes rule #1 a lot better. Kenny (fivefochevy)

8. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

Well, at least cops couldn't tow it.

9. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Air bags are a good idea but you gotta be careful. This is what happened after my brother 'bagged my Grandmothers Bel Air, then she couldn't figure out the switches. Boy was she pissed!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

What a goddam mess!
    Bagged cars are the Nehru Jackets of the new millenium.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Not True, My buddies bagged 56 ford got towed and dragged out on the frame!!

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now that's a damn shame. "Bubba, go git yer shovel! Ah found yer rocker panels!"

14. roddinron

roddinron

Air bags BLOW (literally). A lot of money, work, and equipment to turn a car into a static display. But it IS the latest thing, like Mercedes headlights. :eek:
    Too each his own I guess.

15. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

the thing about bags is that they can look good sitting still on the ground and when we are ready to cruise the car we can lift it up to the exact same height as the static guys and look good driving. And hell, if we are at a show where we want to show the car at a "static drop" height, we don't have to let all the air out of the bags. Set it to the lowered stance you want and show the car.

To each their own, but I will stick to having the flexibility of the bags.

my .02 cents.

Later,
    Chad