Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Hand Built) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 193257, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Hemi32 Maybe I could have chosen my words better. I know Kirk and the Staff do a great job. I just thought it deserved whatever the highest award they could give it and then some and I still do.

2. 193257

I believe you guys are right. Jimmy does get it. Jimmy did want to participate in the HROTY but it just wasn't in the cards. Things just didn't cooperate. When I left Jimmys on thursday night it looked like all he had to do was put the seat bottom in but he found out that the trans didn't shift exactly right and needed a couple of adjustments. Got that fixed and then the generator decided not to gen Got that fixed and before you know it it was 10:00 to 11:00 am on friday before he could leave.
    A friend of mine brought up an interesting thought. He said Jimmy really raised the bar as far as builders go. Stop and think about it! How many people can say that they did the complete build theirself. I'm talkin build the complete body from scratch, Then do the body work and paint and to top it off he did the upholstery. He also did all the buffing for all the chrome work and then had it plated.
    Next time you get to look at this truck check out all the little trim pieces like around the shifter boot, trim pieces on the lower front edge of the doors, the sill plates around the carpet edges, the trim piece around the emergency brake boot. All this he made and then buffed and then had plated. A lot of things get over looked until someone points it out. It's like Jack Stirnemann said. He really is from another planet. All this and if you ever talk to him he's just a regular guy. Theirs a lot to be said for that.

I do know that goodguys shot it for a future feature and he has had all kinds of interest from people wanting him to make appearances with the WEEZ.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Actually the Gazette Pick is arguably the "highest" award at the event. It's the only award other than the Hot Rod of the Year that gets a full feature from the event.

The "Builder's Choice" awards were chosen by Troy Trepanier and it's hard to narrow 200 worthy cars down to ten, and no one will ever agree with your ten.

The truck was amazing in bare metal, and just plain astounding with paint!

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

He'd have been right up there I'm sure. He'll be a real contender next year, plus a real contender for Truck of the Year in Des Moines.

5. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

I spent a few minutes talking to Jimmy on Saturday and you would never guess from his demeanor that he is such a gifted craftsman. He seemed truly excited when I mentioned that I had followed the build on here.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Does the pickup have a show schedule for the summer? I might have to make one of the shows it will appear.

PS... did anyone ever post photos of the rest of "winners?" Gary

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I was looking for it all day Friday (only day I could go). :( Glad you made it though. Did anyone take pics?

Plowboy, you were right! The swap did suck, but true to your prediction, I actually did buy a '36 and a 38 hub cap. :D

8. vents

vents

Ricks right. Thursday night he held a seat belt trim piece up and said how you would usually think this was a piece from a parts supplier and then you notice the fit and finnish is way to nice! Jimmy made 'em. They kept saying how the pieces Jimmy made all fit perfectly and what few things were store bought needed a little tune up. I had not thought about how lucky we are to live close to a talent like Jimmy where we can see something like this being made...especially by someone so skilled but so laid back and modest. As far as awards and trophies go in my opinion nothing is cooler than pumping gas at one or two in the morning and have some total stranger say "nice truck"

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Here's a peek! Raw pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

11. Deu55

Deu55

Perfect.....

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Kirk, thanx... but what about pix of the other cars that Troy thought were better than this one? Gary

13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ginchiest Trucken Daddy-O :cool::cool:

14. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

That thing is AWESOME!!

really dig those air cleaners...

15. steems

steems

Got a chance to see the hot rod and meet Jimmy. Jimmy's a great guy and his skills are even better. The truck looked great in the raw and awsome with some color on it.

16. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Damn! That's nice.

17. 193257

As far as a show schedule I know he is going to these shows.

Des Moines Goodguys
    Columbus Goodguys
    Salina Kansas KKOA
    Louisville Nats
    Evansville Frog follies
    Kansas City Goodguys
    Bowling Green Goodguys
    Hunnert car Pileup
    Possibly the AMBR show in LA in January

18. Simply beautiful it inspires others to reach higher and explore the possibilities.Rob

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

Who cares?

20. slammed

slammed

I'll do Des Moines GG just to see this truck. It's a 'lock' cover car for TRJ!

21. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Congrats on the award and for showing off your talents on this forum. A truly masterfull piece of work.

22. Hello to both 123257 and Jimmy. I would like to add some sort of comment that nobody else has already written,but I am speechless first with the skill etc that Jimmy has and also you,123257 for bringing this thread to us,thankyou both. I have joined this site as when I found this thread,I wanted so much to be a part of it with my humble encouragement and I am very pleased with all the awesome comments that have appeared on here. Only one sort of negative question I spotted was if the truck would ever be driven and I thought wow,if that person had being reading and looking at all the posts,that person should of seen colouring on the exhaust headers that did not appear without hot exhaust following through those tubes. Thanks again for bringing this build to us..
    Cheers Whiplash.

23. hemi

hemi

Agreed. Think about it, out of the two thousand or so cars there, the truck will get a spread and a full write up...

The truck is perfect in every sense of the word. He nailed the drawing to the letter without compromise, and is a super nice guy to boot!

24. froghawk

froghawk

Nothing left to be said. Just perfection, pure and simple. Craftsmanship as art.

25. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Absolutely fantastic!!!

26. scummy13

scummy13

That thing is absolutely beautiful.

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx, Gary

28. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

How the hell did I miss this thread!Just read it start to finish.
    Absolutely stunning craftsmanship.A work of art.