Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Lincoln Coupe Getting Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66Coupe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. That's the British spelling.

2. And this is a Global site.

Do you have a problem with that?:)

By the way Richard. Love your Avatar Car..

3. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

2 door Lincolns with whitewalls and stock hubcaps are gay.... just look at this clown.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your car looks good man!

Buick wires would be killer.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had one of those 2 doors... sold it to a destruction derby guy about an hour after I listed it on Craigs list. right after he left another destruction derby guy called to buy it. must be very popular in that world.

nothing traditional about that car. not even close.

5. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Actually,a Lincoln is more of a pain due to it being a unibody

6. sololobo

sololobo

Lookin mighty fine man. Love that car, they are supreme cruzers. Enjoy! ~Sololobo~

7. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

haha thanks guys! sorry about the spelling lol i've had sigs with jacked up typos b4 and NO ONE took the time to let me know ;) i was just throwing it out there lol

thanks everyone, hoping to get some more pics soon, and hit the paint shop!!!

8. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

who gives a shit if it's not "traditional" I say if you don't like it stay off the damn thread. Geez!

9. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Give me a break. What the hell is wrong with you "traditionalists"? Isnt this an automotive hobby that we all enjoy ? Get over being "traditional" its about what we like. I unbderstand this is a traditionally geared site but come on, i bet 80% of the cars on here are not traditional !

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

The point I am picking at is cuznbruice is runnin a glass 32 and preaching traditional.
    It seemed like horse shit to me . Gota love that stuff.

11. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

the thing that cracks me up is to be anti "improvements" lol... no offense but air bags have been on luxury cruisers since the 50s :) cant we all just get along!? haha :)

12. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

PS this things gorgeous!!!

13. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I read this thread yesterday and its still going? I love the car I would definately roll it! I had a 68 Impala 70's period lowrider (whiteboy style) and it was not accepted here due to the YOM. Sure everyone loved it but the HAMB was not the place for it so I spent my time online here http://losboulevardos.com/main.html. The Lincoln is bagged (which pisses off HAMB'rs) and to new. They had to draw the line somewhere! It would be like showing pics of your cat on a dog forum, sure its cute but its not the place for it. I'm a retired mini trucker as well, so welcome and have fun!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  14. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Exhaust is done, time to cruise! little things here and there, and then paint will be next...

Attached Files:

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I like it, I'd drive it and pick up chicks.

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

If you have a problem with it, get the hell out. :cool:

17. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

and to all that said RichardD car is nice.. it is a 65 with bags.... Same body style as a pre 64 ( give and take a lil... ) it fits...
    I like it man.. keep on cruisen...

18. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Uh no ! Just voicing my opinion. We can still do that here right?

19. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

66, the car is sic ! What are you thinking about paint wise?

20. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

definitely a killer panel pearl roof... thinking black car with cream pearl roof ;) looking into some buick wires first, so we'll see how that goes! thanks man, i'll keep ya posted, thanks for the good words and support

21. nice ride....was hoping to see it AIRBORNE, though.....like goin' thru the air.....

22. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

ahaha... sorry to disappoint :)

23. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

I've been following this thread for a few days now and I gotta say, traditional or not I like the car and I think it looks great bagged.

24. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Your car is cool in my book!
    The purists can look elsewhere for inspiration, while I stay here and admire!!

25. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

Love your car, I'm currently considering building a 69 Impala. 70's Lowrider style as well.

26. This thread is heading downhill very quickly.

27. Shawn M

Shawn M

Traditional or not, I'm diggin it!

28. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

You ever get the feeling people come back to the thread because they like drama? lol

29. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

cant wait to see it done mike. its gunna be bitchen.

30. custom100

custom100

First I have to say the car looks AWESOME! The fabrication work looks super clean and it is clear that you are paying attention to detail and building a nice car!

Second I am definitely with you on AccuAir's products. I think that there are a lot of people who don't like air suspension because the only experience they have with it is a car with switches and gauges. If more people could go for a ride in a car with a nice air suspension system there would be a lot more cars on airbags. I am about to put air on my 57 F100 and WILL be using an AccuAir setup on it.

Last I have to say the "Are airbags traditional" debate isn't really a debate. Airbags have been on vehicles since at least the early 40's. They were pretty much the same thing that they are today. I understand that some feel that this car is too new but he is building the car in a very "traditional" EARLY sixties style. I love traditional style cars, trucks, sleds, and gassers and would say there are definitely cars that don't belong on air. That is still only MY opinion. As somebody said earlier in the thread a fiberglass 32 is obviously not traditional but it is built in a traditional style. I think the car looks great and seems to be built right, which is nice to see.

I have to put this magazine article on here to show airbags are not exactly new technology. Check out the date in the middle at the bottom. June-July 1958!

[​IMG]