Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Lincoln Coupe Getting Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66Coupe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The HAMB is about pre-'64 rides, so don't get on Bruce about this not belonging here- if we're going by the rules it clearly doesn't.

2. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

to be fair, I completely understand, but there are plenty of late 60s customs on here as well ;) my love for the classic auto, and clean lines of 60s customs will persevere lol

but I do understand where he was coming from... don't worry... this car won't let too many ppl down, will be built with class and subtlety every step of the way :)

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I like the car, though. I think some thin whites and some supreme's would do it some serious justice.

4. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

thanks! :) yeah that's been one of the combos thrown around, but I'm leaning toward some old school wires (15s), NOT 20-inch 100 spokes lol

thanks guys for all the help and support, please do keep the suggestions coming!

5. I'm a Lincoln fan but this one does nothing for me.
    Too New?
    I think so...

6. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Not trying to pick a fight, but I'm just curious. I looked the other day and I found NOTHING about pre-64. It just said rods and kustoms in the traditional style. I could have sworn that I did see it when I registered, just couldn't find it now. I'm guessing I just didn't look in the right place. Any idea where it says that?

7. Pre-64 is a grey line; the '66 is the same body style as the '61, but the two door was new in '66, so it's Ryan's call. He loves the '65 Rivieras, they are welcomed here. I like the Lincoln myself.

8. Skirv

Skirv

More traditional than the stance on that Lincoln. Nice looking car though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  9. This may help.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479646

10. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

11. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

car looks great.

12. I like the look, from a guy that owns a '62

For the pre 64 guys; the styling from 61 on changed very little; even the coupe in 66 was not very different

13. For the official word on the "Cut-Off" date for the main board, there isn't one...or at least in my searches I have not found it. The Pre-65 Cut-Off officially applies to classifieds only. Now bear-in-mind that doesn't mean post all willy-nilly topic-wise. The "unspoken" cut-off is Pre-65. I don't think there can be any arguing over someone posting a Rivi in this style but how about a GTO? The area is too gray, but I wouldn't chance it.

As Ryan says, "If there is any doubt in your mind, DON'T POST!" I'm sure he or the mods would delete if they didn't approve.

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Cool car, and the work looks good.

I wish the thread police would keep it to themselves and let the mods handle stuff.

15. ^^^If you mean me, I only posted to quell the bickering.^^^

16. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

sweet mike, hopefully this one gets finished!! dont let them know ur into minitrucks around here, they will tear u a knew one... lol...whooops

17. choptvan

choptvan

really? Hm. I guess everything has to be a duece with a hemi on a rails to be cool enough for this board huh?

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I got that from the Classifieds, I assumed it carried over to the main board.

I'm not saying I have a problem with the Lincoln being on here, I dig it- I just don't think some folks should get so defensive on something that has two gray areas: 1. Being a '66, and 2. Having air ride.

If someone has a problem with that I don't you guys should freak out, because there position clearly holds some ground.

Anywho, yeah I like the ideas of thin whites with some wires. Photoshop anyone?

19. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

ya for sure, I don't take offense at all, I welcome everyone's opinion... It just so happens that I came across the 66 before the right 31 that I was also looking for... there's a long list of cars out there that NEED to be built, and this is one of them for me! thanks guys for all the input, help, and support! I look forward to years of service :) I'll get some more pics of the progress as the build unfolds...

20. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

I think you should put fuzzy dice in the rear view! Thats where you should start!

21. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

ahahahaahahahaa, I knew I could count on you for some GOOD advice! lol ;)

22. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

cool car man love how it sits my dad has a 66 coupe also

Attached Files:

23. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Nice man! That thing is super clean!!!

24. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

thanks got it from the original owner she is in her 90s it was real nice except for some garage rash and the lower quarters were rotted that pick was on xmas right after i got done with the body and paint
    and they def are not cheap to get parts for haha

25. Grifta32

Grifta32

Great looking ride.

26. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

yeah, you know my pain then! lol ;)

27. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I dont get it is it 1964 or not???
    Ive been screwed for less by the Moderators!!!

28. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

you might want to check your sig - "realise" should probably be "realize" :)

29. From the dictionary.

realise - be fully aware or cognizant of

realize - To comprehend completely or correctly.

Can't see the point in your worthless nit pick.:)

30. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu