Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pw7

pw7

I was a kid then but I remember him running a black mustang # 60 , I think he was champion of the bomber class in 1975 ?

2. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

To those who have access to and are posting these photos no matter where they come from, Thank You. I know I and quite a few others really enjoy looking at them and learning the history. To the whiners and I'll bet I speak for many like myself, DILLIGAF.

3. Carl72

Carl72

That was my brother Pete he did win the championship in 1975 with the Mr.Alignment #60 Mustang,he won every extra distance race that year plus many many features.Thanks for remembering

Carl

4. pw7

pw7

awesome , was he teamates with billy rogers? do you know where to find any pics of the freeport bomber cars from 70's & 80's, tried himes but he has none, thanks

5. if your on facebook they have a freeport fan page, plus pictures added

6. Carl72

Carl72

You have a good memory Bill was a team mate as were Fred Alliashis in the orange #90 Mustang sorry I dont remember Billys number except that it was white.
    Lets see if you remember me I drove the # B22 55-57 light blue Ford

Carl

7. Pete, where and when did Tommy take that flip over the rails? Thompson? These precede his demise, no?

8. Thanks, what are you doing up so early, working out east?

9. pw7

pw7

I think bill drove # 69 and later had # 06 , my brother thinks he has a pic of your ford , gonna look , what year did you run the ford ?

10. KennyJr07

KennyJr07

Holy cow, I remember Tommys tumble. Looks like Don Pratt in the #62 and Buck Catalano in the #54 Street Stock in the background

11. Carl72

Carl72

The 68 -70 seasons I would put up a picture here but its for modifieds

Did you get my e-mail

Carl

12. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Thanks, Brian. Pretty unique body style. Those definitely were the days!

JBull

13. New Britain

New Britain
    from England

I don't know what images came from where, and I doubt that that matters much to most people.
    One expects that everyone here would object to a person's falsely claiming authorship of an image. It would also be dubious for someone to take someone else's images and exploit them for commercial gain, although in some circumstances that would be entirely legal.
    What has happened here, it seems, is that you have chosen, probably for altruistic reasons, to post on the ungoverned internet photographs that you took of other people's public activities. If someone else - in the spirit of sharing with fellow enthusiasts, not for his own personal gain - were simply to enable a larger public to enjoy (the subject of) those same images, you might take that as a compliment to yourself and leave it at that, no?
    Although it is understandable that you would prefer to be properly credited with having done something, your reaction here seems akin to a songwriter's complaining because people are walking around whistling his songs without attribution.

14. Carl we do let some exceptions go by if they are being talked about, nothing wrong with that, now if it was posted every day it might be different but a photo or there, we don't bite heads off, we might make some walk the plank though! lol :O)

15. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Some more George Kent and upstate NY Mods

Sonny Seamons in the #86 (seen Dick Lappan in this car as well) George Kent #26, Jerry Cook #38

[​IMG]

A tight pack: Randy Hedger #86, George KEnt #26, Don Kroft #231, Billy Griffin #18, Jerry Cook #38

[​IMG]

Dean Hoag #7 spins, Jim Rudolph #72, George Kent, Dan Mason in the #04. Dan always seemed to have some interesting cars. He had a plymouth arrow t one time. What is this? A monza towne coupe? Or a Mustang II notch back?

[​IMG]

Shangri La boys mixing it up

[​IMG]

George Kent in victory lane
    [​IMG]

16. Jerry Donahue

Jerry Donahue

sir , note i say small sir.
    Frist you need to get your ass on a plane and come back over here and rent your self
    a table....Set up your photos and your Jap shit flags,cars,ear rings and other junk shit....Lets see how mush you sell to the race fans today....I speak for a lot of old racers that never saw dime from any photos....A free one for last weeks win , Bull Shit....
    Your dealing with People that when thay were kids payed 25,50 or 1.00 for a photo.
    As said here by 2 or 3 other Race Fans , Owners , Drivers , Crews , that your ass has
    had a free ride for long time....Yes along time,when you can pitch a bitch about a 30 or
    40 year old photo....It is people like YOU that has sucked the life out of a sport that 30 or 40 years ago that YOU looked down your nose at,and people that were in it.
    Every one of the fans,racers and papers as put money in your pocket over the years
    and if YOU want more for free,go to D.C.
    Sorry to all that has had enough of this B.S. Jerry Donahue Huntersville N.C.
    credit given

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    not a modified and since I'm younger, this is Peter Buzzy Eriksen at Pocono, one my favorite driver and car growing up. Buzzy races late models and has a win this season.

18. Flyin'Brian12

Flyin'Brian12

Dan Mason's car is a Monza Towne Coupe. Dan Wilmes had bought and raced the Arrow.Mason built his own cars,while Troyer built cars were becoming "the rage".[​IMG]

19. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Ray Everham I believe.

JBull

20. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Thanks, Brian. Lew Hennessey ran a monza town coupe on the island and I believe one of the Clarence Steak House #26's driven by Paul Radford and Satch Worley was a monza town coupe

JBull

21. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Some more George Kent and company:

George in the Cal Smales #41 and Maynard Troyer in the #6

[​IMG]

Maynard Troyer and Joe Tiezzi #26 get into the wall at Stafford as George Kent in the #41 goes by

[​IMG]

George Kent in the #41, Dave Kotary in the #60

[​IMG]

Kent in victory lane

[​IMG]

George Kent in the #41, Dave Kotary in the #60
    [​IMG]

The boys mixing it up at Chemung Dale Merz in the #4, George Kent in the #26

[​IMG]

22. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

Good call - Mason's car was a Monza Town Coupe. I'm pretty sure that this car ended up being long time competitor Daryl Lewis' first Modified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.