Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I take the Rambler to the Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Indocil Art, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

My plan was to drive my new Rambler to Kentucky with my son and my dad but I am now a bit leery if that is a good call. I re ringed it and had the head rebuilt to try to fix a smoking issue. I still have an issue with it smoking at idle that I think I may have found but the car has no road time and I have to have my dad at the airport in Louisville KY Sun morning. I don't want to hit the road and miss the races or screw up my dad by missing his flight in Louisville. I am thinking about throwing it on a trailer and taking it if there is anything to do after the races. I have never been and I don't want to end up there and wish I had my car to ride around in. If there is nothing going on after the races I may leave it. What do you guys think leave it at home or throw it on a trailer.

Attached Files:

2. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

There's all kinds of cruising around Bowling Green through weekend. Especially Friday night at the Holiday Inn. A couple of fuel cars fire up right outside the front door. The honoree awards are in the ballroom. Lots of cars and people in the parking lot show. Saturday the cackle fest isn't over til late, so I don't know what's going on in town then. Most of the hotel parking lots have trailers parked, so you won't be the only one.

3. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

Killer! Thats all I needed to know. I will load it up and we will see everyone in Bowling Green.

4. yes there is always plenty of cruising and group gathering at the hotels.Take your ride you will not regret it. Gary

5. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Load it up and bring it.......then you can test drive it around while you are there. If something does happen to it at least you and your dad wont be stranded. Next year you will jump in and drive to BLG with a big grin on your face.....

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

x2, time with dad:D old cars:D crusin with your dad in a old car:D man you gotta do this period. look me up white/rust 59 el camino with a little mexican standing in front. see you there best of luck:D