Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Lincoln Coupe Getting Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66Coupe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

I know air suspension isn't for everyone, or every car, but the coupe needed a low stance to make me happy! Steve from Bio Kustumz is laying her out as we speak. After that we will be installing a full AccuAir Suspension setup so stay tuned on the progress and let me know what you think... thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

I'll have some more pics of the car together and what it took to get her on the ground this week ;)

3. Let me know how you like those Zenith pumps. I want to up grade mine later this year.

4. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

got it on the ground and putting a few miles on her! so far so good!

Attached Files:

5. Squablow

Squablow

Looks nice laid out, nice clean car. I'm surprised it required all of that floor cutting to get it down, glad my Olds didn't need all that. Looks like very good quality workmanship as well.

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Bagged '66 Lincolns are hardly traditional........doesn't belong here....

CB

7. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

I dig it. I think there are enough traditional type customs on the board to justify it being here. Thanks for sharing.

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks good, man...
    That car is fucking huge!

Malcolm

9. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Yeah! If it were a 64 it's be all good though.:rolleyes:

10. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

if you notice, there's no huge chrome wheels on this thing and we're keeping it very classy and original with a few mods here and there ;)

traditional is in the "eye of the beholder" and this debate goes back decades, on here and elsewhere.

thanks guys for the kind words. yeah the tunnel was necessary to lay out, and we still kept the back seat ;)

thanks everyone, more to come! AccuAir system will be next...

11. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Lowered IS traditional.... Car looks good and it was done with taste. No matter how he got there the tradition is to alter. He did that well.
    Just be glad he didn't put red wheels and wide whites on it. Oh don't forget the flat black and cheetah print.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

If it did get red wheels, wide whites and black prime it would never have gotten critiqued

There's an idiot in town here that jumped my F100 for having my reversed '50 Merc steelies painted black (w/ black tires, Merc ash cans, and '50 Ford beauty rings) Class!!!
    Told me I had to have red w/whites. I told him closed mouth keeps teeth. He shut up.

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

cuznbrucie Has a rad car. It is one of the coolest looking cars I have ever seen.

Are Blankets made in Mexico a tradition in Jersey?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  14. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

WHaaaa it Not twaditional! Haha good lookin car dude! very tasteful!

15. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

haha thanks guys! now my question is, keeping with the classy luxury / yet stock and traditional CUSTOM look, I'm having a hard time deciding on a good wheel/tire combo? i'm leaning toward thin whites with buick wires??? any suggestions? BESIDES red steelies with wide whites lol

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yo it's hard to beat a small ww and a hubcap. Debadge that bastard and run a Dayton wire if ya wanna upgrade, nothing wacky just a 15x8 standard. All class

17. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

besides, there's gotta be some credit for searching hard and finding a TWO DOOR (suicide door Lincs are cool, but fairly overdone here in cali)! guess I shoulda just done up a cad lol ;)

18. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

yeah very true! hittin' paint in a few months (once i recoup from all the suspension costs)... going to lay down a nice subtle panel pearl roof ;)

19. 62cadipark

62cadipark

You dont wanna do a cadi man pain in da ass you gotta nice ride roll wit it

20. BISHOP

BISHOP

English.

21. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

What he is saying is that Cadillacs are a pain to restore. The Lincoln is a nice car and he should keep it.

22. I didn't know they made two doors.

23. That would look really good. Actually just running the thin white walls with the stock hubcaps could look pretty nice too ;)

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Fiberglass??? Is that traditional?

25. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

um, if you guys think the cads are hard to restore, try doing a unibody lincoln where the rubbers, hub caps, bushings, glass, window switches, you name it, and its TWICE AS MUCH AS A CAD!!! lol

Baggin' a unibody was definitely a challenge!!!

26. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Airbags and laying out isnt very traditional either but more than half the customs on here are doing it including myself, guess its ok cuz they are marked "traditionally styled."

Like those pinup broads in all the new garbage kulture magazines, those are "traditionally styled" girls. If those girls were "traditional" they'd have softer bodies, bad teeth and big ol hairy bush!. Me I'll take "traditionally styled" Over a girl with a Hairy Bush any day!

I think the car looks badass, Those welds look fantastic too!

Any notching of the frame needed to get that low?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  27. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

EXACTLY! There's always room for improvement ;)

yeah, since it's a unibody (no frame to unbolt) we had to notch and plate the inside of the "frame" body about an inch and a half to get it down... you kind of see the plates Steve built and welded into the body to give it the strength it needed for the four-link and 'bag mounts

28. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Only if its a Vette. :)

29. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

yeah, they're pretty hard to find, especially in decent shape... and in my personal opinion, much cooler than the suicide door ones :)

love the Riveys also man, looking good!