Register now to get rid of these ads!

I don't want the car hobby to kill me...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Agree'd.

2. Sometimes I so wish we lived in the US - after the events earlier this week in the UK we're not going to be allowed to have any sort of shotgun..... Lost all my revolvers and centre fire rifles last time this happened.

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I popped a trunk and a 30 pound momma racoon came out right at my face hissing like all hell, my buddy took that opportunity to shoot me in the face with bear repellant, I grabbed this thing and would not let it get away and after about 20 minutes of sheer excitement it was doa, me and it went to the ER and I handed the thing to them so they could test it for rabies, they lost it and I had to go for the full battery of shots, all I can say is I wouldnt go lookin for cars or picking up cars alone and I sure would not go with a jackas# who is all juiced up to shoot bear repellant at something.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Comon over, Ill share:D

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahhh fuck man, that sucks.
    I know what you mean about them Racoons..had one try to fuck me up once too..i almost ended up taking off the drivers side door of a 95 F150 in the process of getting him the hell off my lap:eek:
    it scratched me up pretty good and almost ended up being fender bait

7. I found the perfect anti snake outfit for you.

Attached Files:

8. cords

cords

Hey man come play down under with us the top 4 snakes here you have less than 15 minutes to get anti venome or your dead and even if you do you may not make it the number one the tipan is so nasty it heres you coming and waits just so it can bite you have a look at this list
    Facts and Figures: World's Most Venomous Snakes

<!-- /#content-header -->in

Which snake species is the most venomous depends on the measure used. The average or the maximum venom yield from milking could be suggested, but these measures can be criticised as not reflecting the impact of a real bite. The measure generally acknowledged as best reflecting how dangerous a snake's venom is is that of LD<SUB>50</SUB>. The lower this number, the less venom is required to cause death. By that measure, the most venomous snake in the world is Australia's inland taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus). The table below gives the top 25 species in order, their LD<SUB>50</SUB>, and their distribution.

<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>Snake Species</TD><TD>LD<SUB>50</SUB>*</TD><TD>Distribution</TD></TR><TR><TD>1.</TD><TD>Inland taipan</TD><TD>0.025</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>2.</TD><TD>Eastern brown snake</TD><TD>0.053</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>3.</TD><TD>Coastal taipan</TD><TD>0.099</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>4.</TD><TD>Tiger snake</TD><TD>0.118</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>5.</TD><TD>Black tiger snake</TD><TD>0.131</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>6.</TD><TD>Beaked sea snake</TD><TD>0.164</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>7.</TD><TD>Black tiger snake (Chappell Island ssp.)</TD><TD>0.194 - 0.338</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>8.</TD><TD>Death adder</TD><TD>0.400</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>9.</TD><TD>Gwardar</TD><TD>0.473</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>10.</TD><TD>Spotted brown snake</TD><TD>0.360 (in bovine serum albumin)</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>11.</TD><TD>Australian copperhead</TD><TD>0.560</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>12.</TD><TD>Cobra</TD><TD>0.565</TD><TD>Asia</TD></TR><TR><TD>13.</TD><TD>Dugite</TD><TD>0.660</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>14.</TD><TD>Papuan black snake</TD><TD>1.09</TD><TD>New Guinea</TD></TR><TR><TD>15.</TD><TD>Stephens' banded snake</TD><TD>1.36</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>16.</TD><TD>Rough scaled snake</TD><TD>1.36</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>17.</TD><TD>King cobra</TD><TD>1.80</TD><TD>Asia</TD></TR><TR><TD>18.</TD><TD>Blue-bellied black snake</TD><TD>2.13</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>19.</TD><TD>Collett's snake</TD><TD>2.38</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>20.</TD><TD>Mulga snake</TD><TD>2.38</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>21.</TD><TD>Red-bellied black snake</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>22.</TD><TD>Small eyed snake</TD><TD>2.67</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>23.</TD><TD>Eastern diamond-backed rattlesnake</TD><TD>11.4</TD><TD>North America</TD></TR><TR><TD>24.</TD><TD>Black whipsnake</TD><TD>>14.2</TD><TD>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD>25.</TD><TD>Fer-de-lance</TD><TD>>27.8</TD><TD>South America</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>*LD<SUB>50</SUB>: mg/kg in saline by subcutaneous injection in mice.
    number 4 on the list is the only snake in the world to shed from the tail to the head so its blind when it sheds i have seen them strike at rocks because of the heat given off

9. That's ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad

-Bill

10. Snakes don't bother me. Bees, hornets and wasps, OTOH, are critters that I am allergic to. I've been stung three times in my life (left ankle and both wrists), and they swell up to five times their normal size. Extremely painful!!!

Anytime I'm out around the tractors or the cars, I have a BIG can of wasp killer that shoots up to 30 feet.

11. whid

whid

12. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

A while back I posted asking what you guys in the warmer climes do about snakes and bugs when scrounging for old tin and the snakes seemed to be the least of the problems. Frigging recluse spiders seem to be the real nasty critters. At least you have a good chance of scaring snakes away but the spiders lay in wait for you, hanging out behind dashes and under seats.

Up here were might freeze our asses off for six months a year but at least we don't have many things that can make you sick or kill you.

13. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Some of my friends are brave...or stupid...

[​IMG]

14. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I vote "Stupid"

15. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

I with all ewe guys!

16. Deuces

Deuces

I hear that the Brown Recluce spder is running a muck!!! Beware! Those are the silent killers.... :eek::eek:

17. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

we hardly get snakes but i kinda know how your feeling we just started getting chiggers in my area and they are a bitch. i wonder what people driving by were thinking when they seen me and some buddys in tyvek suits walking into the woods trying to find model As.

18. Snakes are a concern even here in New Jersey where most snakes walk upright and are easy to spot. All kidding aside, most junk yards are in the rural areas and Rattle Snakes and Copper Heads are more common than you would care to think. The main thing is, if you are bitten to try and identify what kind of snake it is so that you can be treated appropriately.
    Snakes killed my friends "junk-yard" guard dog recently. That made me even more cautious when going there.

19. yeah we got a few snakes around here to,hell I got them in my yard and they can hurt alot,I got nailed by a rattler when I was a kid,,Now the cost of a rattlesnake bite cost approx $100,000 in medical cost..sO BE CAREFULL,HELL i WORRY ABOUT SPIDERS MORE.heres what lives in my yard and he kills rattlers

Attached Files:

20. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

You'll be a lucky man to find a snake in a car.........I used to pull cars out of the fields and barns in Oklahoma when I was a kid. and 9 out of ten times the interiors were multi-level rat condos. but when I got my 41 plymouth all I found was a 5 foot snake skin and nice mohair seats free of any droppings. wear jeans and tall leather boots and don't pick up anything that looks like a stick....rattlers aren't scary, but copperheads make my hairs stand on end.

they're both fine eatin' though.

21. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Chiggers? that's not very PC, they prefer to be called Trombiculid Americans :D

22. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Here's a lesson learned from the Vietnam war:
    Take a dog with you, have it check the area first.

23. phukinartie

phukinartie

Even though we have had a very wet june and a crappy spring I love where I live
    No nasty critters like that here ...Well except maybe tweekers

24. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I vote stupid too. the only place I want to see a snake is on a nice pair of boots

25. vintagetinman

vintagetinman

ya know i just never worry about it . i just do what i like to do . i have run into my share of lethal snakes and spiders . still going . my advice is make sure to poke the snakes with a long stick if you decide to poke them at all

26. BISHOP

BISHOP

I spent two weeks in the hospital over a Cotton Mouth bite, damn thing bit me in the back while I was sitting down, never saw it.

Everything around here tries to kill you. You should see the snakes, scorpions, spiders, centipedes, wasps, bees, wild dogs, wolves, big cats, poisonous plants, and rescently we had some tornados, floods and crazy bitches. Lots of crazy bitches.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  27. Shagrat

Shagrat

Had a damn tick almost kill me a few years ago. If it's not one thing, it's another....

28. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

shit,leave the dog home and take the wife with you lol

29. thing about a dog is knowing the signs when they have been bitten, they lay down immediatly by instinct. i would be more worried about finding a seat full of baby rattlers in a seat. those fucking spiders can really do some damage too. having a weapon loaded with some kind of buckshot sounds like the way to go.

30. nofin

nofin
    from australia

Might be better to get rid of the unwanted occupants before you take them home...

I once nearly punched out my windshield from the inside when a freaking huge spider walked up it from behind the dash two days after I bought the car from a bush suburb in Sydney. I was in peak hour traffic in the city at the time, all these people looking at me punching the window with a hamburger wrapper and screaming like a girl...when I got home I roach bombed the car and had to drive around with the windows open for about a month.