Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weesner Inspired Hot Rod (Hand Built) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 193257, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Thanks Risto...I pasted it below for the other who CRS:rolleyes:

He is making the bed boards out of 16 ga steel and will paint them white

[​IMG]

Using stainless bed strips in between the metal boards

[​IMG]

2. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

this truck is awesome

3. 193257

Well Here's your update before he leaves for Indy. Ya he's gonna make it. First off I would like to thank everyone for the tremendous help this week. I know he appreciate's it very much. He's had 4 or 5 guys there everyday this week and today there has been at least 6 or 7 all day. That's what it's all about. Just shows you what kind of guy he is. Well we had a short day today I got home about 9:30-10:00 pm and about the only thing left was to put the seat bottom in it. I know I said he is leaving thursday and he could but I think he is going to get a little rest and leave in the morning, which is probably a wise thing to do. Got the right side door on and all the hardware in both doors today along with the tailgate. Got all the door panels on and the rest of the interior and man it fits like a glove. Got to get some rest as I am leaving for Indy in the morning also. Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of the Yoder Hammer that he built. Ya that's right he built it. A lot of the panels for this truck were made on this hammer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Debbie, his wife for all the lunches and suppers. I don't think any of us lost any weight.

[​IMG]

Jim, put a hat on man. (just kiddin)

[​IMG]

4. Stoked to see it again!

5. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Will Jimmy make it to Indy?
    Not to sure, what do you think?

6. the-rodster

the-rodster

S P E C T A C U L A R !!!

That truck ROCKS!

What does WEEZ think about it ?

I know he's on here.

Rich

7. the-rodster ... from earlier in this (very long) thread ...

Post #135:
    Post #329:
    Post #353:
    Post #355:
    Post #457:

Post #482:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  8. the-rodster

the-rodster

Damnit I hate it when people ask questions before reading the entire thread :)

Rich

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This thing is just gonna be perfect. I doubt there will ever be one negative word said about it. It's just so right.. nothing over the top... not one extra do-dad, no extra rows of louvers, or holes, or layers of milled rings, or flying eyeballs, or funny fur... not one extra bell or whistle. Very inspiring. And that's without saying anything about the insane level of craftsmanship in the car. I just hope I get to see it one day in the flesh. Gary

10. Deadbird

Deadbird

One of the best!

11. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Being a fan of weesner art I can really appreciate this truck...INCREDIBLE
    Now that I think about it ANYONE can appreciate this truck!!!

12. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Damn. Dammit. Cain't wait to see this in Rodders Journal, they will show it to its best advantage. Nothing personal to the HAMB, but with the magazine I can lay on my back on the futon and dream better than I can sitting in front of the computer.

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

Rick, Outstanding build. You, and your Missouri brothers, sure know how to build cars......Those NEW Guide 682-c lights look really great...........Mike

14. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

This seems to have been created in much the same way that a big company (GM, Porsche, Ferrari,...) creates a car, Weezner being the styling studio, Mr. Hervatin the production works, only instead of the design features being steadily toned down, it's all there.

I don't remember ever seeing a work of art manifest in the physical world quite as perfectly as this one.

Masterpiece, tour de force - someone has the superlatives to do justice to this, I don't.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  15. Bump for rollout and public debut pictures.

I did see a few detail snapshots in the Indy threads this morning...

16. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

BLOODY Awesome!

Nick.

17. -Brent-

-Brent-

I agree, Nick. Perfect commentary for this truck.

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

It was badass!!!!!! I knew it was the "Weesner" truck in Indy when I was walking up to it. I was so pumped to see it finished. I wish I could've gotten some good pics of it but there was a swarm of people around it the whole time, for obvious reasons. It is put together very, very well!!! Looks killer, wish it would've been the HROTY!! Way to go and I couldn't think of anything better for an artist to have someone build something they have drawn. Just plain AWESOME!!:)

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Somehow this truck (which in my opinion is the nicest hot rod truck I've ever seen) Only won the Good Guys Gazzette pick @ Indy it didnt win any pros picks! How the hell can that be? Anyway Jim's truck has the entire package in a word.... Perfect

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Exactly Mike, I think Jimmy's truck had to have been the nicest thing there.

21. Deadbird

Deadbird

I didn't make it to Indy, but I find it hard to believe that there could have been anything there that would have been any better. Haven't even seen this thing in person since the Pile Up. It looked really freakin' nice in October!

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ya know, there are always those rumors that the awards are pretty much selected before hand. They probably get started by those who don't win and thought they should - a sour grapes kinda thing - but in this case it really makes you wonder. How the heck do you get a parking place behind the wall anyway? Gary

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I think its more likely that the pros that picked the awards didnt realize what they were actually looking at. I cant imagine that they knew this was a home built aluminum body and still not give it a Pros pick. The Good Guys staff reconized it for what it was just not the "Pros" Either way Jim seems like a really cool and humble guy and that truck IS PERFECTION

24. Mister Nasty

Mister Nasty

HOLY COW !!! What talent!! That truck is a beautiful piece of work

25. deathwish

deathwish

Just read this whole thing, amazing is an understatement.

26. I wasn't there ... but I don't think Mr. Hervatin parked his Emerald Tide in the Pro's Pick Area (so it couldn't even be considered for a "Pro's Pick").

It also appears that Jimmy didn't participate in the "Hot Rod of the Year" competition (so a "HROTY" award was out of the question as well).

I'm also pretty sure the KIRK! (& the rest of the Gazette staff) would take exception to your characterization that the truck "Only" won a GG Gazzette award (& subsequent feature in the magazine).

I'm thinkin' that that Jimmy actually gets it ... that Hot rodding is not about awards, but rather about hanging out with friends and cars ... I'd bet Jimmy appreciates all the accolades he's gotten from his peers [in person and/or on Internet forums (e.g. this HAMB thread)] much more than "winning" some billet trophy that will just collect dust on a shelf.

27. Well said, and I have a hunch it's an acurate statement. Broad amazement and admiration beats the hell out of a trophy.

And I can't wait to see a feature on this thing! I doubt very seriously it will be the only one. More detailed information about it on the thread though:D

28. I must've had my head up my ass! I've just found this thread.

Guys like Jimmy are on another level, above 'us mere mortals'.

I take my hat off to you Sir, I just wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Keep up the incredible work!

29. adams27

adams27

Jaw dropping build. I'm in awe.

30. lorodz

lorodz

perfect .......