Register now to get rid of these ads!

History No more "Chevys", sorry guys....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by URY914, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

The GM dickweed that came up with this bone-headed idea cited Apple and Coke as companies that have built a reputation on ONE, strong name. The only problem is that Coke is also known as Coca-Cola, so he actually refuted his own argument. Idiot.

The same can be said for Pepsi.

'Chevy' has zillions of dollars worth of brand recognition. I am sure that this bozo will quickly be put into his place.

LOL if he has his way, we can no longer be 'Chevy Tough'. It's only a matter of time before someone produces a spoof about being 'gay in their Chevrolet'. Ha!

2. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Well we'll always have FORD

3. nali

nali

No . The word Chevrolet doesn t mean anything in French . Nothing but a car brand :)

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I like CHEVROLET better anyways!

5. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

a million simple little things like this have led to the dumbing down of this country, a state in which we may never recover.

6. Must be the same ass-wipes that came up with this that also talked Coke into changing the name to "NEW COKE" we all know how well that worked,ask Bill Cosby!!!!!!:D:D:rolleyes:

7. what ever!:rolleyes: A turd by any other name smells just as sweet.

8. Lyman Slack Chevy in Portland,Oregon had a plate on their cars on the lot in the 70s/80s----------CHEV-IT.......kinda says alot!

9. Deuces

Deuces

Huh???........ "BANG" ........... Just kidding! :D :)

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

But the man Louis Chevrolet was a man of French decent born in La Chaux-de-Fonds Switzerland. He then moved to Beaune, France, then Paris then Montreal. That's as French as it gets hahaha!!! The car company however is as American as apple pie!!!

[​IMG]

11. Deuces

Deuces

Some.. "Very few" Came out with an LS-6 454 back in 1970.. That was a real Monte back then....

12. Let Gm fucking die already. I come from a GM family, dad had a factory ride from them in 1970 but they are a bunch of dumbasses. We inherited a 2003 Venture, biggest POS I have ever seen, make a K Car look like a Delahaye.

But fuck it, lets talk traditional rods adn customs...........................

13. RichG

RichG

Can I still call them "chebby's" or "chivvy's"? Looks like the pencilnecks won this round, everyone's all up in arms about a memo they already "retracted"... what a bunch of bull, they should focus more attention on building cars people actually want to buy, not trying to get people talking about their name. It just looks to me as if the marketing people didn't have anything better to do today.

14. Deuces

Deuces

THat's the song the played on Fox 2 just before the announcement..

15. Deuces

Deuces

I can remember when GM put a stripe kit on a '71(?) Chevelle and called it a "HEAVY CHEVY"

16. I heard on the news this morning that GM is backpedaling a bit on their name game cluster fu**. It should be interesting for a few days until we all get bored beyond tears.

Bob

17. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

URY...a rose by any other name, is still a rose. and WE don't give a damn what G.M. calls them. next they will be calling corvette's CHEVROVETTE'S HA!...POP.

18. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Does this mean people will stop saying/writing "Chev" and "Chebbie"? I can only hope.:rolleyes:

19. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

We call the ones on sale over here by what they are under the badge,'Daewoo's',and every time I see one it breaks my heart
    Paul

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

21. Truckedup

Truckedup

Louie Chevrolet drove primitive race cars and looks like a bar room brawler.He probably could kick the Henry Ford and Walter Chrysler's asses ,both at the same time

22. It's really going to tongue-tie the oriental guy on the Mitsubishi commercial when you make him say

"Cheboray". :D

23. Excellent response! HRP

24. I'm with you, Trucked! That guy had Cahones!

25. Deuces

Deuces

What are they called???

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

mercury...Merc..?
    than ford ditches the line..

chevy ..chevrolet......coke....coke cola..BFD

such a trivial thing to be worried about , when they have or should have much better things to do, or worry about

Like who really gives a shit?

27. GM shouldn't be so concerned with calling Chevrolet's Chevy's. Most of us grew up calling them Chevy's. They should be more concerned with their quality issues for all their brands or they will go the way of Chrysler-Fiat.

28. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Just a sign of how STUPID our society is becoming.:rolleyes:

29. BISHOP

BISHOP

Marketing genius, they got the whole world saying chevy, chevrolet again.

30. Maybe Henry, but Walter would drop that Frenchman like a sack of excriment - tough ass Kansas Farm boy who learned to fight the hard way. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.