Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rod dvd you might want to see

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AJofHollywood, Jun 8, 2010.

1. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

<meta name="Title" content=""> <meta name="Keywords" content=""> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"> <link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/AJ/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:pages>1</o:pages> <o:Words>43</o:Words> <o:Characters>247</o:Characters> <o:Lines>2</o:Lines> <o:paragraphs>1</o:paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>303</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>11.773</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Times New Roman"; panose-1:0 2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:50331648 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-parent:""; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--StartFragment--> I just watched this dvd called “Famous Southern California Hot Rods”, it was actually pretty good, like a documentary. I bought it on HotRodVideo.com. The guy interviews Bruce Meyers, Neil East, Barris, a Burbank Choppers member, Tommy Ivo and some more. Lots of nice cars.
    Anybody else seen it?
    <!--EndFragment-->

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Have not seen it........thanks for the tip!

CB

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Good price = $12.99 Just ordered it!

CB

4. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

This better be good AJ, or I'm comin' after you! ;^)

CB

6. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Well, I'll have to check this video out, I think that BURBANK CHOPPER member may be me, looks like I'm in good company there. I really haven't seen the DVD yet but looking forward to it.

www.HotRodVideo.com

7. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

looks like a pretty good video

8. chevyshack

chevyshack

"Shake rattle and roll" is a good one. They sell it at wally world for like 5 bucks. Ian Rosell is in it.

9. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Yep, Just bought it. Also checked out your blog....Dude...You own this car?!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Holy crap, I was obsessed with that car for months...I just stared at the old pictures and studied every detail. Those wheels are insane! Anyway, I just had to say its one of my all time favs. JohnnyA

10. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

JOHNNY A, I JUST SHIT MY PANTS! Sending you a PM, I thought I had all the pictures of that car!

11. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

[​IMG]
    Those must have been taken in the 80's. This is it Today!

12. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

By all means, Verne....do get it! Your comments were right on the money........good job! I watched all of it last night and it's a pretty good cross-section of hot rodding and shows many famous California hot rods from the dry lakes days right up to modern times.......

BTW.......I enjoyed seeing and chatting with all of you guys last summer at Englishtown for the premiere of *The Devil at Your Feet*......in case you missed them, here's my pics from that night:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383014

CB

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the Barris DVDs are great that he does!

You should check those out too if you have never seen them!

14. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Yes, that is Verne Hammond of the Burbank Choppers in his '34 chopped orange coupe. He's the Chopper interviewed in the dvd.

You're not "coming after me" are you 'Brucie? I hope you liked it enough.

The El Mirage footage was fun to see.

15. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

You're safe AJ :^) .......I enjoyed it a lot.....Ivo was pretty funny talking about when they street raced! Good price and some very good footage..........I recommend...

CB

16. Chris5.7ltr

Chris5.7ltr

Just ordered my copy, thanks for the heads up.