Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your local police bother you to no end?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autoworx1, Jun 8, 2010.

1. So are we....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. I want to bring up another time I got pulled over. I was going way to fast for conditions in my K5 blazer. About 70 in the rain on the viaduct. My Best friends mom had just died, I had just found out and was on my way to see him. I got tailed and pulled by an unmarked car. I was very polite, He checked my licenses and reg. When he got back to the truck he asked if I had been drinking. I replied yes, in fact I had. I had 2 beers over the last hour or two and then got a phone call from my buddy about his mom and was on my way to see him. He said thank you for being honest and he understood why I was speeding and driving after drinking. He gave me one quick test and said He could smell it, but he didn't think I was drunk. He wrote me a defective equipment ticket for a tail light being out and sent me on my way.

3. Bigugly

Bigugly

I think the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. I do believe most police are honest people only trying to do their job. I have never had much trouble with police, unless I deserved it.

4. K-88, your comments may explain the difference in attitude between Metro and some of Valley officers (note I say, SOME) all those years ago. Considering the only tickets I ever got from the LAPD were for speeding on Laurel Canyon Blvd and at the Big Bust on Mulholland Drive in '71 ('aiding and abetting a speed contest', clocked at 15 mph (???) - I was trying to get the heck out of the area when caught) - both citations I deserved, and with the exception of the previously mentioned so-and-sos who had the need to stop me for no reason, the LAPD have usually been very fair and helpful.

5. I recently got stopped in the rice rocket a mile or so from home. The cop in front of me suddenly shot around the corner and I could see dust from him doing a hard, fast U-turn and thought, "I wonder why he wants to stop me?" which is exactly what he did, with lights and siren blazing.

Flicking on the interior light, I rolled down the window and said "good evening" to the officer to which the young cop apologised profusely for stopping me - Apparently his colleagues and he were after an identical Nissan Skyline that had been involved in a crime in the area. I told him it wasn't a problem and continued my journey home.

I guess old habits die hard for this old gearhead... :D

6. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Just as a side note, I was driving the jail bus that night on Mulholland :rolleyes: As far as we could tell the "mini coops" were the cars to have (stuck like glue to the curves):cool:

7. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

In my youth, you bet! Of course I drove like a dick and had it coming. These days the biggest reaction I get is a nod or thumbs up. Middle age has its advantages...

8. synchro7

synchro7

Here east of Denver the county mounties pretty much don't bother the old cars unless they're driving like a dickhead.
    Ice Breaker, I see the Marion PD hasn't changed in 47 years. We used to go to the A&W that was on the CR side of the RR overpass. They would sit on their side and wait for someone to screw up going into Marion. I left there 45 years ago and don't miss their BS at all.

9. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

Did anybody notice the guy who makes and sells metal shaping equipment drove a corvette? Irony or poetic justice?

I like to point out to the unpleasantly dissatisfied Fine Upstanding Citizen of Kansas that I would much rather be at donut shop too! It sucks to hand a ticket, sometimes it is equal to a weeks pay, to someone just trying to make ends meet. But how many times am I to turn to look the other way? Don't think we live to hand out municpal court gift certificates, it is the major reason guys leave the wheel unit.

10. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

tell us how you really feel!!!!

11. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

not you, tickets, trouble with the law....never would have guessed it!!!!

12. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

In the 50's we use to go to Fresno. ca and chase the girls after we spent time at Stan,s Drive Inn. After an hour or so the cops would stop us and say John it's time to back to Merced. Ran open pipes and just barely legal.
    Only got one ticked in Merced for passing a car going home, the cop said if I had slowed after passing he wouldn't haven give me the ticket. Had to walk for 30 days after that, ( well thats what the judge thought).

13. as long as you not out hot dogging ... aand if you see a cop dont slow down like a tard ... keep steady speed and make eye contact ... thats what my po told me

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Actually, those kind of questions wouldn't bother me a bit. What would bother me would be, "Sir will you step out of the car(thumb catch on the hammer released) and SPREAD 'EM!!! NOW!" :eek:

To the simple question, "I'm shopping for better insurance rates officer, who carrys yours?"

and

"Do you want to meet me at the frosty freeze? I'll give you a ride around the block".

15. Ltorch

Ltorch

the police in my area love old cars i drive my chopped cars every day they wave and also like to se me shoot the flames , funny thing about the flames once at a cruise night where flamethrowing should be done but this club hates it every time i would pull in to whisky cafe they try to get a buck and then tell me NO flamethrowing that club kinda sucks any way .well one night a bunch of littlee kids wanted to see the fire so i told them i cant this club isnt cool they wont let me do it and they even let new cars in go fig.any way i pulled out i lit them up any way for the family.next thing i see cop cars so i left then right down the street they pulled me over and said do flames come out from the exht i said yes he said cool ill pull behide you put my lights on and go for it so i lit them up all the way down the street with the cops in front and in the back of me then when we came to a light he said when i get a cool old car i want you to hook them up in my car , and one of the best cruise nights around my town is a place called rutts hutts a hot dog place cops run the cruise night and they let me shoot flames there so thats one cool cruise night and they cruise in winter time to not like the other cruise spot as soon as it looks cloudy or get chillie no cruise night at whisky ..

16. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I find, it's like anything else, if you knowingly do something wrong (open exhaust, burning rubber, speeding, etc...), you only have your self to blame.

17. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

I never get bothered, even on the old truck which was loud and low...
    Our cops seem more interested in the ricer kids street racing than going after old stuff....

18. i got hassled when i was younger i am 34 now. i have had shit tons of tickets and deserved 5 for every one i got.also i have shook the hand of every officer that ticketed me. regardless they are out to protect us..

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

first started to get hassled by "the man" when I was 3 1/2....
    Got busted for having too many playing cards in the spokes of my tricycle...
    and for making loud, "Varoom Varoom" noises....

it's been downhill ever since :(

[​IMG]

20. indyjps

indyjps

My wifes cousin is on the local force, havent pushed it at all but Im sure it wont hurt to run by the station and take him to lunch - whenever I get my car done

21. big creep

big creep

hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!! this is fucken way cool! thats cool that your dad did this!

22. Deuces

Deuces

Those kids drive like maniacs in my neck of the woods... Blowin' stop signs, blastin' down a 25 mph side street at 45-50 mph... And there's smaller kids playin' ball on the sidewalk... One of these days, a little kid is gonna go chasin' after a ball or something into the street and you could imagine what would happen... :(

23. davidh73750

davidh73750

I used to have problems on 177 going through douglas,ks.(east of wichita) Cops are dicks there. I saw last time I went through someone painted a sign saying beware speed trap a head now. Those jerks would not communicate with Okla that I had paid their ticket so I had to pay a re-instatement fee for my license. Hands down cops are bigger asses there of anywhere I've delt with.

Been about 3 yrs since I got a speeding ticket, other day I got one under 10mph by OKLA County. I know they've said they arent giving warnings since the state is broke. I ask the officer as he's giving me the ticket if there's info for contact so I can get it deferred, saying its been about 3 years since I had a ticket, He says you got one back in 2007, since Im getting a ticket I said sarcastically thats about 3 years!( Remedial math 10 - 7 = 3!!,) I think he felt stupid then I pointed that out.

24. Gee, K-88, does that make us old friends? :confused:

I was given my ticket (deserved, as previously mentioned) and sent on my way so I didn't get to ride in your tricked-out bus.

You're right about the Mini Coopers being the hot set up. Seeing them racing three-abreast as they came around past the Beaumont St intersection was an amazing sight.

I've been told that there's been a book written about street racing on The Hill, but I haven't bothered to track it down, myself. The automotive bookstore in Burbank apparently has it in stock.

25. i always wave and smile when going by a cop and they do the same in my town. now a couple towns away, this one cop stops me every time i cruise through, looking for something, giving me warnings on bullshit stuff, knowing he can't pinch me for any of it. i guess it depends on the cop and if he's had his donuts and coffee.

26. twolane

twolane

This might be unexpected, but I've had far, far less trouble in my classic cars, than in anything modern.

27. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

In the 60s it would be a problem. The guys with the gasser style 55s had to run Corvair bumpers under their glass tilt front ends to keep the man off their backs. No bumpers...instant ticket. Blue dots were an easy way to get pulled over. It started changing in the 70s and has gotten sooooo much better since then.

The Ocean city Md. show had a rep of over zealous cops but they only mess with the guys doing burnouts at the intersections. Chirp a tire and you get pulled over and the equipment check commences.

We heard the horror stories of guys being persecuted for no reason but I don't believe that BS. Nobody that I know ever had a problem. The squirrels get what they deserve. The police have to keep it in control or it would quickly escalate.

I was driving my fenderless sport coupe, no bumpers with blue dots and open lakes pipes in OC when an officer pulled right up next to me at a light. I was sweating bullets. He never looked twice.

It's still against the law but the police around here only hassle the assholes. That's not saying you are one, only how it is around here.

28. Nope, local cops seem to love my car. I've blown past cops sitting on the side of the road when I know I probably deserved to get popped, but they never bat an eyelash. I try to fly under the radar most of the time though, to not give them a reason in the first place.

29. Just this year I saw a guy get pulled over for a chirp on a 1-2 shift on a automatic. He didn't leave hard, he wasn't speeding, but because his trans shifts a little too aggressive, he got a ticket. Call that what you will.

30. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Friends ? Oh hell yeah, same place same time, just diffrent cars.;) I think back now and I wish I had a camera with me when I was on patrol, would have had captured a lot of memorys (some funny, some not so funny)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010