Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your local police bother you to no end?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autoworx1, Jun 8, 2010.

1. autoworx1

autoworx1
    from kansas

Maybe I just have a guilty conscience but everytime I drive my car around town I'm just waiting to get pulled over by the local Barney Fife. The car is completely legal, tagged and registered. My brother gets pulled over everytime he starts his roadster. The "new" guy in town is always out to make his name. "There is no way this car is safe!", or......"How do I run your plate number on your original 1931 Kansas tag?", or....."You're telling me you were able to get insurance on this?"

I'll be the first to admit that niether car is mint but for Gods sake....I can't enjoy leaving the house.

Anyone else fight this problem?

2. Abomb

Abomb

Well sort of, he keeps wanting to buy my car......

3. 6berry

6berry

i do have that problem but not because of my car. its because im a skateboarder. but the cops around here will pull u over and give u a ticket for a tail light or tag light out

4. A local cop used to hassle me all of the time until he found out I was his mechanic at the dealership..... Oh yes,he paid for fuckin with me.

5. egs5555

egs5555
    from wisconsin

I get pulled over for not having my seatbelt on in my Buick every once in a while. They don't seem to get the fact that it didn't come with them.

6. autoworx1

autoworx1
    from kansas

Great stuff!!:D:D:D:D

7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

when it gets stolen, remember you don't like Barney fife

8. garcoal

garcoal

where i live the police actually let the old cars get away with all sorts of stuff. i guess older guy driving older car doesnt pose much of a threat to local po

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Conversly, I'm sure you all know, but if you dont....I'm in the law enforcement profession....that said, I educate the guys under me to what the laws state concerning "Classic" vehicles and have informed them numerous times that the hot rods are typically better cared for than your typical hooptie.

Now if your driving like a straight ree-tard...standby, but I leave us alone....we got bigger fish to fry in a large city.

I'm not only the CEO, but a client as well ;)

10. Nope the cops love me. They live around the corner from me. I've had SWAT command units in my front yard, during a tense standoff with a gunman. I let them use my crapper. They all love the old cars I have around. I've had a patrol car pull behind me as I was taking my gto around the block with no tags on it's first test run. The officer pulled over after I went in the drive way...just wanted to know about the car. Never said anything about no plates. Sometimes I'll park in the no parking in front of my house, the meter maids always check if it is mine first...I've got 4 cars of mine on the street that haven't moved in months. The maids never bother them either. I know it sounds like I am bragging, But it pays to be friendly with the local guys. Just letting that one guy use the crapper was like a free pass from all the boys in blue to do almost what ever I want, as long as it is within reason.

11. 69fury

69fury

cops in my town (Rock Chalk, JayHawk Go KU!) like muscle cars, classics, antiques, all of it. They wave at me as i boil the hides across an empty intersection, full slicks, illegal tint, no tag light.. then they go bust a ricer for driving like an ass in traffic.

Problem is that if you dont live on the right side of town, they dont give a shit when someone breaks into your house and steals your firearms-even when you name the dirtbag that was mad because you wouldn't sell them the day before..

12. 56 Rum Runner

56 Rum Runner
    from Missouri

Our local PD officers as well as the county sheriffs and HP like to meet up at the local gas station to take their break so I made a point of taking both of my cars by there when they were gathered in one place. They all got to look at them (they're all car nuts) and they got to get all their questions answered without having to pull me over later to ask them. I also make a point not to "drive it like I stole it" or do anything else to attract negitive attention. Now I drive around town, in the county and down the interstate and the only attention I get from the man is a friendly wave.

13. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

You Fags are paranoid. You live in Kansas for fuck sake. The Police don't have shit to do there. I live in the Ghetto of Shitty Long Beach. I roll my sled all over LB and LA and never get stopped by the police. It looks like you need to go to their local watering hole and make some friends with the other team and relax.

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I only really get in trouble when I mark up the street, Im always in trouble.

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

These cars beg for attention, and some of that is the point, I guess.
    I obey the laws, don't look or act like a jerk, and my car's appearance is obvious that it's not a thrown together pile of crap.
    Last time I was pulled over in a hot rod was 40 years ago and I drive my car all the time.
    It's a quality car, I'm a respectful driver and I know right from wrong.

Cops don't want trouble, they just want to complete their shift and go home. And I don't want trouble, as I just want to finish my chores and my drive and go home.
    So we both have the something in common.

16. Abomb

Abomb

Well, I'll just walk up to the local cops and call them Fags, that's a great way to make friends....good idea FNG...

17. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Never have a problem with the Fuzz and old cars. Heck I get hassled less with an old clunker than any late model. I also live out in the country so that helps too. I got pulled over one time in my 63 Rambler (the only old car I had gotten pulled over in) for having a burnt tail light. My 1980 AMX was a different story. I got hassled all the time driving that one.

18. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

I solved that problem by quoting a stupid astronomical figure. I was secretly hoping he would write me a check and I could start working on something else.

But alas, he was just a blowhard that had to go pester someone else.

19. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Nope, WE don't give tickets to people in classics, just the kids in the rice rockets! :)

20. I would say-no. But,when you wrench on their cars all day,it DOES have it's perks. That's just in town though,outta town is another story,but that's what the ID is for...Not the DL,but the other. I usually get a ton of Q's,but I can back my shit up,and end up with a thank you.
    Yep,workin for the man!
    I still smoke tire every chance I get!:rolleyes:

21. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Try to "roll your sled" in the bad part of Wichita and call some homies fags. Then the cops will have something to do-ID your body.

22. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Nope,The police station is a rock throw from my house. They never have bothered me. They actually stop by and shoot the shit from time to time.

23. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

The former Chief of Police here used to bug me....... by doing burnouts with his '62 Chevy II past my house. I'm not kidding! Might be part of the reason he's the "former" CoP.

24. Nelsen Motorsports

Nelsen Motorsports

Here in Lizella we only have the west Bibb county police substation so if something goes down they will never know. A neighbor drives his blown 68 Camaro all the time with open headers and it must just be music to the cop's ears like it is to mine.

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ha ha ha ha !!!!

26. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

Nope, but I'm older now, going bald and drive reasonably in the "Hood" with all my old junk and have never been pulled over (I do get plenty of waves from them though)

... but my Jacka$$ busybody neighbor did call the PD on me with a report that my '67 Dart was leaking "Chemicals" into the ground in the backyard...

Officer knocked on the door and we walked to the backyard and I showed him nothing was going on... He was very professional and cool about the whole thing, talked a bit and there's been no further action :)

27. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Not always true. Some jurisdictions see themselves as revenue generators for the city and can be real pricks. We have such a town called Marion, IA. I avoid it at all costs (which in turn is hurting their local economy) and EVERY time I do go through there I see them with their lights a flashing pulling some poor sap over. Everybody knows about it, everybody talks about it, but there is nothing you can do about it...

28. 69fury

69fury

dude, i think all of Iowa is like that. 40 mph zones between towns, 30 in town, except for those hidden 29mph zones, lol.. i couldn't get out of there fast enough... and I-35 is a frickin goatpath!

29. big creep

big creep

i was stopped by almost every cop that patrols around by my house. now they all know who i am and cant stop me cause everything is legal. i figure they know its a waste of time now for them. i remember getting pulled over for a headlight that was out, i got out of my car and tapped on it, and it came back on, he was like oh? in burbank if you look funny, you are getting stopped.

30. Deuces

Deuces

Ummm...... Nope! :)