Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need turn signal wiring help !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 17dracing, Jun 8, 2010.

1. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Got this at the swap meet last weekend for my sedan , But not sure what wires go where ? I figured you all could point me in the right direction !! Wires are white, yellow, brown, red, orange, and lt.green . Thanks , 17dracing

Attached Files:

2. big creep

big creep

3. F&J

F&J

Those are aftermarket as you may know.

If you search google with the brand name plus "wiring", you should get the info.

4. hisel76

hisel76

usaully one wire will be power from the flasher,one power from the brake switch. rest will go to front and back lights. if you find the main power wire in you can run a ohms test on the rest of the wires to find left and right. also make sure you get a good ground on the mounting strap strap around the steering colum. most of my exp the brown has been brake and white power in.

5. big creep

big creep

i posted a link, have you tried clicking on it?

6. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Yeah I just checked it out ,very helpful !! Thanks . I like the old real look . so thats why I didn't buy a new one . $2 , I figured I'd give it a try . and if it don't work , then I will go back to the hand signals !! And still have the cool looking piece .

7. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Still having trouble finding all these colors with my wiring . This is a KD 723 switch . I guess I will have to just dig into it !! A wise friend once told me "to get something done, you must first do something " So I better get to it !!

8. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Here's a diagram from a new switch, maybe it will help.

Attached Files:

9. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use an Ohm meter and ring it out.

11. chop32

chop32

Good info Creep, thanks for posting the link!

12. big creep

big creep

i found it by accident looking for info. i bookmarked it.

13. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

The brown and white are for power. Which is which I don't know use one or the other and click the switch. The two that complete the circut will be for which ever way you threw the switch, the other two are for the other side. Unless it has a self contained flasher, ypu will have to wire one in like the one shown in like in side-valve's PDF file. I think it really doesn't matter which wire (brown or white) you wire in to it. If that is old enough to be 6-volt and your car is 12 you are probably going to blow out the indicator light. Check the wiring supply guys that specialize in our hobby. They will have some kind of light to exchange for the 6v ones.

14. Wowcars

Wowcars

Note: If your electrical system has two separate flashers (turn signal and hazards) and the switch is wired for a single three prong, you have to pull both flashers from the fuse panel, run a wire from the hot terminal of the turn signal flasher in the panel and wire it to the power wire of the switch. Then use the switches diagram to finish the rest of the wiring.

15. 62dragfalcon

62dragfalcon
    from Tucson AZ.

Hey big creep, thanks a million for the link!!!! i Have been farting around with the turn signal /brake light integration problem for longer than my embarrassment will allow me to admit. :( who'd a thunk buying/finding the correct add-on turn signal box would solve all your problems! thanks again!;)

16. terry48435

terry48435

:DThanks for the info. This helped me fix my problem. I got a harness with two 2 prong flashers and a signal switch that called for a single 3 prong flasher. I was totally at a loss on hoe to wire them .Thanks again.