Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Barnfind: The German Deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Not really a barn find nor is it for sale, not yet at least, but the car has been sitting for 5 years or so, in a nearby garage.
    I have never seen one of these deuces before, any history on these???
    Is it even a 32???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  2. Wow! Neat car! Who's is it?

3. butch27

butch27

Might be a '32 but I'd say custom coach body. Beautiful.

4. F&J

F&J

Glaser built bodies like that somewhere in Europe. There may be info on coachbuilt cars website.

Sometimes referred to as victoria convertibles, as well as 5 passenger convertible sedans.

Waterhouse in the USA did big car models like that; Pierce, Packards, etc

The body style was not very popular in the USA as compared to Europe and South America.

I have a 32 Nash factory bodied one similar to that.

Attached Files:

5. Rem

Rem

Not sure about the rest of Europe, but in the UK we were building Model B's through 1934, maybe later, although there were subtle differences after '32 such as valanced fenders ('33-'34 style) and the dash was more '34-like. If Germany was the same, then this would probably be a '32. I've seen later (still pre-WWII) German Fords with that coach-built styling.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm pretty sure there was one or two of those at the GNRS for the Deuce Anniversary thing.

7. Pez

Pez

There was one of those on German Ebay a year or so back, dealer advertised I think. Can't remember the price just that it was kin expensive.

8. kookee

kookee

Really interesting body styling. I like that they hopped up the banger as well!

F&J, I saw your work on the Nash on AACA. Very nice work sir! Can I borrow some talent?

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

wow! I've not seen one before...thanks for sharing that.
    Just when you thought "you'd see it all" something like this comes along...

10. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I've never seen one either, I love the interior!

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please move that engine hoist before someone knocks it into the car :)

Great pics, thanks.

12. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

There was one at the 75th anniversary show in Dearborn Very cool looking first time I ever seen one

13. Payaso

Payaso

I thought the exact same thing when I scrolled down...I may have even made the "Ouch, that would suck" face when I saw it...

Again...please move the the engine hoist to the appropriate 'engine hoist area' (Located far away from the car)...Thank You!

14. Looks a lot like HAMBer GAZ 34 special bodied 32 Ford here in the Netherlands, his one is made of alloy.
    Are there no pics of this one in the Tony Thacker book dedicated to 1932 Ford only ?

15. grant598

grant598
    from georgia

16. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Cool door handles & back window!

17. Donnda

Donnda

I want one.

18. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

thanks, now I have a terminal boner

19. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I seem to remember one at LARS a few years ago. I might have been in Steves Auto Restoration booth but I am getting to that age when you develop CRS...

20. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Wow that thing is clean. And, as already stated, move all that shit around the car!

21. Carter

Carter

I do believe I have seen a similarly bodied 30 or 31 A.
    I know it was a German coach built body based on a 30-31. It had very long doors and a cloth top with landau irons, like the 32 in this thread.

22. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

A freind of mine has a 35 ford with kinda the same layout like that 32, i think it was made by Dagenham or somthing like that.. rear body part is made of flimsy aluminum and wood peices. Not a very sturdy construction, started sagging early in its life and looks awkward IMO. The 1930`s ford chassis is not long enough to allow and fullfill the designvission the designer most probably initially had.
    In my eyes the best looking Fords are the Fords that Ford released past the idea stage.

23. Dagenham is the name of the town in the UK where Fords were built.

24. This grubby '32 Ford was discovered in Sweden earlier this year. The cream '32 Ford is my British built Aluminium bodied 5 seater that needs a topchop.

Attached Files:

25. Came across this pic last week. I like it.

Attached Files:

26. That is cool. Looks a lot like the French Matford, although I´ve never seen one of them as a Cabriolet.

27. ventilo

ventilo

looking at the manufacturer's plate it was converted from European BF-spec back to the larger displacement model B engine

28. alsancle

alsancle

There should be a body tag somewhere. Very nice car indeed. Could be Glaser, or one of the other European custom coachbuilders. You see very expensive custom bodies on lower end chassis every once in a while. I believe it was a way for the europeans to get around import duties.

btw, F&J - how about an update on the Nash in the AACA forum???