Register now to get rid of these ads!

portland oregon - - voodoo doughnuts this sunday!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

it's coming up this sunday the 6th. 10 AM as usual. i'm super excited because i just buttoned up a bunch of little things on my car---i'm ready to drive it and show it off-also i don't have to work until 4AM like i have the last two or three (or four?) meets SO i'll be chipper... haha.

anyway, we hope to see you there!

2. flattrap

flattrap

Not gonna make it doin body work billetproof is almost here.

3. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Are there two locations? since I moved here I have been to the one in downtown that was a little hole-in-the-wall dive with some homeless guy out front pissing himself.

4. Payaso

Payaso

There are 2 locations in Portland...the downtown location off of Burnside...and "our" location...15th & Sandy...Look for a bright pink building just off of Sandy, with a bunch of cool ass cars swarming around...

Come on FOLKS!!! This will be month 7!!! and the start of Summer (hopefully)!!! Bring'em out!!! Wash'em up!!! Show'em Off!!!

I got a few 'details' I hope to have done by Saturday nights for Voodoo too!!

This will be the Voodoo to ask all your questions one on one about the Billetproof 'Run'!! Don't be shy...yank on my sleeve and introduce yourself, I won't bite...unless you get in the way of my apple fritter!!

Look for this guy...but instead of pizza and a big 'ole root beer...it'll be a fritter and coffee!
    [​IMG]

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    haha. classic.

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

and yes, that is a pretty accurate description of the one downtown-my bar is right around the corner! ha. gotta love old town.

7. Sinister, I'll talk to you tomorrow and give you directions............Jim

8. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Much appreciated, Jim. We need to get together so I can give you your artwork. Call me anytime you have a minute.

CH!P

9. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I stopped in a music store close by there looking for a left-handed bass. If I make it down that way again, i will stop in and check it out. I need to find a place to do an art show sometime.

Actually, the direction is "up" for me since I live in Tualatin...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  10. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

I'm on it! Just got a roof skin welded in the car. If it doesn't rain(still no paint on the car) I'll be there. If anybody heading north, wants to caravan up there let me know.

11. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

we'll be there! Ohh and p.s. only two weekends until the Rose City Round-Up... pre-registration closes this weekend.

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    cool! see ya there

(and there)

13. Payaso

Payaso

The Rose City Round Up is the KICK OFF!!!! I can't wait!!!

14. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Melissa and I will be there. I think MrModelT will probably be driving one of our rigs again. Just gotta help with the withdrawls from not having his T!!!

Chris Becker

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yep. one of the best shows around.

16. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

well be there. we got jasmines valiant wagon up and runnin too, so well have 2 cars there. im trying to get the rest of my club there as well

17. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Gonna try to peel away for a bit but we have family coming into town today so not sure. was hoping for the ranchero to be there but still have a few more bits to attend to and with family it makes it hard to get in the garage.

On a side thought I had a vision of a "Voodoo Thrash" Once a month. The Idea: pic a fella who is close to getting that project back on the road and have a bunch of guys go to his garage and thrash the night before so his car will make it to the Voodoo meet. that is my rough draft but seems like a bunch of fun and BBQ and beer kinda thing.

Let me know your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

cool, see ya there. is Brian gonna bring his car? haven't seen it in person yet.

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

you mention bbq, beer and old cars and i'm in.

20. damm i should drive down for that, VOODOO DOUGHNUTS ROCKS!

21. Payaso

Payaso

Yes...yes you should...bring everyone...

22. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

mmaaayyyybbbee i will bring the 55.. idk.. still debating holding out till rose-city to debut it with the new paint.. but i did drive it to the Buzzcock's show.. idk... we'll see

23. Mockie

Mockie

Sounds great. Does "Thrash" mean about $10K in parts? thats about what my bucket project is lacking. If so I'm available anytime.

24. Payaso

Payaso

Anyone ever need some welding done...just let me know...I'm not really a sheetmetal guy, but frames...mounts...all the 'structural' stuff...just let me know!! I could patch a panel...but couldn't garage-ntee minimal warping. I'm a 1" plate to a 3" plate type of guy...

VOODOO THRASH!!!

See ya guys Sunday!!!

MONDO

25. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    i might take you up on that mondo. my wire feed broke and i need to make a bracket for something at the bar... by monday! i'm suppose to get my hands on my buddy alex's, but if not i may have to take you up on it.

26. Payaso

Payaso

Word...As long as it's not aluminum or stainless...those materials I would have to weld at work. If it's steel, I can weld that here at the house...I'll bring my hood home from work for the weekend just in case.

MONDO

27. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

It gets the best of us does'nt it. I'm not sure how to organize it yet but have been thinking a bunch abo0ut it

28. 117harv

117harv

How many show up for a voodoo run, i might try and come up to the next one, i'm about 275 miles south.

29. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

You should come even if you don't bring the 55. Can't wait to see it! Ohh and BTW... you only have one week left mr. bachelor.

30. Erik B

Erik B

Bump this back up and see ya all there.