Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ohio speeders WATCH OUT !!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54chebby, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Ok, i think this is COMPLETE BULLSHIT !! Ohio Supreme court gave the ok to law enforcement to "estimate" if you were speeding and its a ticket ! No more radar. If it "looks" like you're speeding you're screwed !

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/95410314.html

2. chris55

chris55

Great, just what we need. Thanks for posting it. What if your car looks like its going fast when its sitting still?

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

can you say "budget shortfall"?

4. 31ster

31ster

That the way it is other states also. Part of the radar training is you have to estimate the speed of a given amount of vehicles with certain accuracy (i believe it is 3 or 4 mph). According to training you are actually trained to estimate the speed of the vehicle before using the radar which just supports your estimate. Once you do it for a while you would be suprised how close you can get to a vehicles speed. I dont agree with writing one based on an estimate only though and i dont know many guys who would do it.

5. chevy3755

chevy3755

more bull-shit laws for Ohio.....

6. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Been that way here for a long time. do'nt here of it much

7. Ebert

Ebert

Okay...this is the LAST effing straw. So much for due process. What has happened to our country??? I am a big time conservative, but this blows big time. What's next...just because a cop in Ohio (who is trained as a homicide detective) thinks I look like I murdered someone, he can arrest me? Sure, I get a damn trial, but who can afford that BS???? Sorry for the rant and I realize we need to keep the political stuff away, but holy hell!!!!!

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

estimate, rader or laser i all ways drive fast

9. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Hell, I just drove back and forth across Ohio at 7 over the limit. NY plates and all. Did not have any problems getting stopped but I did see the same Charger pulled over three times in one night. LOL

10. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I guess that's why us guys here on the HAMB like things the way they used to be... *sigh*

11. 61falcon

61falcon

i drove past a cop running radar on 35mph road. i was going about 45-47mph. he blended in with the background pretty well so i didnt see him until it was to late. i didnt even bother to slow down, figured he got me. as i drove past, he just looked at me. i just kept driving as i was on my way back to work from lunch. i think all the b.s about strictor laws comes down to those enforcing it.

12. Rebel Kind

Rebel Kind
    from Dublin, OH

wow, thats bullshit!

13. 56oldssuper88

56oldssuper88

What if he just feels like ruining someones day. i dont think its right.

14. Seems to me an estimate ticket would be easy to challenge.

15. Deuces

Deuces

I've been pretty lucky.... My daily driver is a O/T 300 hp torch red '05 GT drop top Stang.... And not a ticket since '96.... Knock on wood!!

16. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

It is, and infact the constitution is on your side. But the courts and modern gooberment dont give a crap about your rights. All they're interested in is more of your money.

The judge would be happy to knock it down to an equipment violation, or let you take traffic school with no points against your license... All you gotta do is pay the court costs. :rolleyes:

Sorry to politicize.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

That sounds more like a California law. LAME!

18. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Make sure you don't look like an armed robber....

19. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

You know,,, That's what KILLS me about all 49 other states.
    They think Cali is so progressive and on top of everything, so most states look to the Cali laws as a blueprint when re-writing their own laws.

I gotta laugh tho... Isn't the fine republik of kalifornia about a zillion dollars in debt, over-run with undocumented guests, and ruled by a bad actor from a foreign country who snatched victory from the hands of Gary Colman?

Oh, yea! I'm gonna look there for a fine system of efficent government to model my own set of living standards off of. :rolleyes:

No dis-respect to the more sane Cali folks who frequent this fine web site, but even you gotta admit, they wouldn't make a movie about it because nobody would believe it! :eek::D

Once again, sorry to politicize. JMHO, YMMV

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

Ebert, that 40 in your avatar looks FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

21. Ebert

Ebert

Wizman,

Thanks, ....as a matter of fact it is fast, but it just got impounded in Ohio when I got busted by Barney Fife (who is trained!) who said I was going 61 in a 60 and I could not come up with the cash because I just bought $1 million of illegal HGH (which was in the trunk and they could not find it). As soon as I get wired the $200 to get it out of impound, I can get on with my run and bootie. Sound Silly? Damn right it is!

Best, E

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  22. greg

greg

OK! everybody quit building cars that look like they are fast standing still!!!!;)

23. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Personally, it used to be whatever the officer said was what the judge believed, before radar, laser, etc. The judge didn't give a shit what you said, there was no bullshit about "he wasn't properly trained in radar use, blah blah blah". Often as not you'd get a warning if you went to court, and had an otherwise clean record, but they'd still manage to wring some $$$ out of you.

24. Texas estimated speed has been OK for years.. Seasoned traffic officer can estimate the speed very close.

25. pdq67

pdq67

I drive like this.

1... I drive at least 5 mph slower than the speed limit at all times.

2... I do not "Cali Stop" roll through regardless or a roll through "right turn on red".. THEY sit back like a block or more where THEY can't readily be seen and wait for the infraction and here THEY come and then the money transfer fun starts later in Court!!

3.. I always make sure all my lights are working because if a bulb is out, I can be pulled over and ROUSTED!! And to top it off I will be stopped just long enough for HIS BUDDY to show up w/ the Drug Dog!!

4.. I do NOT drive after dark because this is when THEY are profiling everybody, city/county/state roads! ALL of them!!

Do yourself a favor and be 100 percent LEGAL while driving because THEY will NOT make your day a good one if you don't.

And here in Columbia, MO it's getting constantly tighter as they catch less so tighten the net to keep revenues up AND it's basically so stated in the COLUMBIA DAILY TRIB every week or two as THEY so much as say so.

pdq67

26. Ebert

Ebert

Sorry, 325w. With 10-15mph..okay. From 15-25mph...uhm... From 25-35...okay, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.. From 35-45..judge's call. 45-55mph...perhaps. 55-65mph...don't think so. 65-75mph....how? Over 75mph....come on!!!!

27. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Yep, your right... Just pay your $5 ticket and be done with it... No points, no increased insurance premiums, no letters from lawyers in the mail, no court date, no gooberment watch lists.

Barney Fife may have been a son-of-a-bitch, but some of us actually miss his form of law enforcement compared to what it is today.

28. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

1. I drive about 4 mph over the limit on the freeways and rural byways, but I NEVER speed on surface streets or in town, and I try not to drive like a dick.

2. I stop at all stop signs and red lights and I try not to drive like a dick.

3. I keep my lights working, but I don't give a damn about the drug dog, and I try not to drive like a dick.

4, I drive after dark because that is "my time", not really an early riser, but still, I really, really try not to drive like a dick. :D

this has worked for me for better than 10 years..

:D

29. pdq67

pdq67

Another old pdq67 story that I've posted on all the Boards before.

Years ago, I went through a radar tripod stand like at 3:50 AM one Monday morning back in the spring of '67 in my Camaro SS/RS, -151 cammed car w/ 9.50-14 Mud&Snows on it at 145 mph for 22 miles between Moberly and Macon, MO and the MAN couldn't unhook fast enough to catch me.

I want to say I was only running 5,500 rpm in 4th and she had way more topend in her!

Caused me more hassle than it was worth later once I got back in the County a week later back then, but I did make my car-pool working on the old N&W-RR up at Runnels, IA.

pdq67

PS., back then, my friends and I drove that way late at night!!

30. parklane

parklane

Got pulled over in Ohio when it was double nickel for going 57mph. He said he was going to let me off with a warning.
    Law in Ontario now if you get caught going 30mph over, they take you wheels and licence on the spot for 1 week, and can cost you up to $10,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.