Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Hottest Kustoms Lately...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Jun 27, 2007.

1. The key is leaving or adding the right stainless or chrome. I know opinions vary but to me the Bettancourt Merc is probably one of if not the smoothest best flowing 49-51 Merc ever built and honestly I think the side window and belt line trim would have ruined the perfect organic profile the Ayalas achieved.

It was more a statement about your comment of any other window than the windshield as the Bettancourt Merc did have the windshiled stainless. I agree with the statement about windshiled stainless but think other windows can be pulled off with out the stainless trim. The comment about beltline trim was just made because it seems to always go hand in hand with talk of window trim.

Again my point was that it is very rarely done well but it can be done if properly executed

2. I have to agree, I really cant think of another car that pull's it off right now but the Bettencourt merc is just gorgeous.

3. 56Mainline

56Mainline

Saw this at the Rainbow Falls Run in Pe Ell, WA last year. No idea who owns or built it, just liked it a lot...

Attached Files:

4. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Here are some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thanks, Toby!

6. LabRat

LabRat

Couple from Australia ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Some of you need to remember it's not a competition to see who can post the most pics, quality has to be the main criteria.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

How about the Rivullac?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. glassguy

glassguy

wow i was just thinking about that car yesterday!!!!!!! man that came out nice..

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

From another thread, that prolly many have seen, but then i thought this is about the greatest kustoms lateley so this fits the bill 100%.
    All the kustom or bomba Nash ive seen in the last coupla years are pretty bitchen, i like when odd brands get recognition.

on a side note, that Jaguar custom few pages back was prett kool. W/ a few corrections and a color change could be real bad ass.

Attached Files:

11. My Shoebox I use to own 5 years ago . Wish I never sold it !!

Attached Files:

12. OLLIN

OLLIN

Oh yeah. this one belongs here

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This thread was cleaned up... any more drama will result in lost accounts...

14. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Damn, these are absolutely killer! Well I'll try to find some more pictures but here are a couple from Grand National Roadster Show 2010.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus from now on I will understand that these may not be up every ones ally but someone else will like them and that makes it worth it.

15. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Here is a couple more, all by john d'agostino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

The 2 Cadillacs I could find after i found the first one. Could have sworn that he was a builder but just a BIG pocket collector. Both are customs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

I'll keep going if you guys want me to. I just need a list of the major kustom guys.

18. :) I love the hottest customs lately.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  19. Local104

Local104
    from norte ca

here it is i found it:D

Attached Files:

20. Man a lot of these latelys are pretty old.

21. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I saw this a few years ago at the last Paso or second to last. It was bad ass.
    [​IMG]

22. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

kinda running out of the lately's so I went with in the last 10 to 15 years. sorry, we could just sit and wait for another ride to be finished.:(

Not a lot can be done about it, all the lately'as have been posted.

23. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

I'm almost sure you don't ask that very interesting question to people that like your car, did you ? never see anybody asking that pertinent question to Rikster ? So now we need a car to have a point of view ? :confused:

By the way, i love your car Bro, and i like the maroon one too, but it seems I can't give my two cent ! Thank for not pointing the fact that i'm a fuckin French because most of the time when i give my opinion that's all i had for response :D

24. I suppose you are aware that there is already a long running customs thread which covers the past, that's why this one was started in the first place.

And for real early/early style there's the taildraggers thread.

25. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Sorry for giving my opinion Ryan, i will not doing it anymore...i promise ! Not even in my signature ! :eek:

Please don't close my account, i need it for following some fabulous treads !

I will not post anymore to be sure not to make more drama , this is my last .

26. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

27. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Or this one?

[​IMG]

1shot[​IMG]

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Am I misinformed...??? I don't think Johnny D' did this one ^^^^...it looks like the original Jade Idol...or did I miss all the publicity about it...??? IF Johnny D' built it, when...???

R-

29. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

just getting it completed...pinstriping and a few other items needs to be done yet. Not the hottest...but it was all home built in garages behind our houses.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid

[IMG]http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=17880&pictureid=189163

[​IMG]

30. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston