Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 chevy, impala,biscayne,belair pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bisquick59, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just about messed myself when I saw this picture. This is the exact direction I would like to go with my '60 Bel Air two door post. Mine even is suntan copper with a fair amount of patina. I love the Torque Thrusts but am thinking about some skinny slots on the front of mine and black painted or powder coated steelies on the rear.

Can someone hook me up with the owner of this car or direct me to more pictures?

Thanks,

Thor

2. aceuh

aceuh

3. 60 Belair

60 Belair

BTT lets see more !

4. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Can anyone explain teh bottom two? the second one reminds me of this

[​IMG]

5. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Second one is Mad Max.

6. Greezy

Greezy

What size wheels are those? Big wheels look good on these cars.

7. fbama73

fbama73

This one belongs to my buddy. We've been friends since we were 5 years old.

[​IMG]

65K original miles, originally bought by his great grandmother. Car was sold out of the family in the mid 1980's after it got pretty rusty.

[​IMG]

Car disappeared for 6 months, then reappeared with the rust all "fixed." New owner got in some financial hardship and sold it back into the family. A couple years later, the "repaired" areas started erupting in boils.

[​IMG]

Car was offered to my buddy if he "wanted to fix it up." We pulled bondo out of the quarters over an inch thick. We replaced most of the floor, both rockers, quarters from the trimline down, and some minor rust repair on the front fenders. When we started, we knew just enough to think we could do it- had to learn the rest the hard way as we went. It's been 15 years since the car was painted, and it still looks good. However, if you look at the quarter over the wheel, you can see that we didn't learn about shrinkage and hammer welding. If he ever gets the car repainted, I will fix that before he does.

8. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

<<<<<<<<<<<< theres mine over there!

9. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

60 GASSER,

What are you running in that thing?:eek: That is definitely an impressive launch. What type of trans, tires, and rear end?

Details man...details!:)

Thor

10. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

331,nash 5 speed,40 spline m/w,and no weight on the rear.tried to post a pic but to dumb? you can see more on my profile or go to ardmoredragway.com look for still a little too fat too fly!

11. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

here is my red X I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE IT DO A WHEELIE! HELP?[​IMG]

12. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

???here goes again?[​IMG][/IMG]

13. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

hey man if i wasn't so stupid i could show you how i built your car,minus the steelies on the rear! build it and we can match race!!

14. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

how about that

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  15. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

how about that 2

Attached Files:

16. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

My new wallpaper!

17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

60 GASSER,

Thanks for the photos and the link to the website. I will definitely check it out and I will check out your profile too.

I'm just warning you - I will probably pester you now and then as I work on mine. I attached a couple shots of mine so you can see what I'm working with.

Give me a year or two and we'll have to see what we can do about that race.:cool::)

Thor

Attached Files:

18. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

you probably will outrun me you have more rocket boosters.......uhhh...tailights than me! Looks like a good start i had mine for 11 years before i had the time and the money in one place. Only gave 100 bucks for the body! Bought it from an older friend "hounded him actualy" he rode a fast dragbike called "too fat too fly" big guys and bikes don't usualy go together but his would hall ass like 9.20 back in the 80's so thats where the name comes from. Now he's the starter at ardmore dragway! Now you know the rest of the story.

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That is Mike Casella's 60. It needs that hood scoop. 707 inch Pat Musi engine. It weighs like 3600 and runs 7's at 180. Course four stages of nitrous doesn't hurt! Mike is a super nice guy. He's got a ton of work in that car. Lippy

20. Thanks for all the inspiration! I just ended up with a 59 Biscayne 2-door sedan and there have been lots of nice ones posted on this thread to give me some ideas.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  21. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

yeah... now thats my idea of a hot rod. More on this one please.

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'm lowering the front of my recently acquired '59 El Camino 2" with dropped spindles. What' the best way to lower the rear 2"?
    Thanks.........Mike

Attached Files:

23. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

[​IMG]HOW BOUT THIS!!!!!

Attached Files:

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

Huh? Thanks but I've already seen this pic on your 10 other posts on this thread about '59 Chevrolets, not '60s!?

25. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Well, that's not exactly cricket. Didn't realize there was such a colossal difference in the two. Hmmmm:rolleyes:

26. hemifarris

hemifarris

I guess you need to own one, or know your Chevys to understand. The dash and roof are the same. All other sheet metal is different.

27. DougHH

DougHH

... these are just two of my favourite things.........

28. another "rear" view, just not quite the same:cool:

Attached Files:

29. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Oh, I know the differences in them...I simply stated that I didn't realize that there were COLOSSAl differences in them. Say if he had posted pics of an MG or a Gremlin. I read your signature though and I will take the cue;).

30. ummm, hes showing you how to lower your 59's rear by 2 inches;)..........:rolleyes: