Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Zephyr that rocked Santa Maria in bare metal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by resqd37Zep, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'll be the first to admit I'm a Lincoln Zephyr nut but I come from a family of Lincoln Zephyr nuts. I was passed on these pictures some years ago and until I arrived in Santa Maria I had all but forgotton about this car. These may still be on Ians website. I posted some pictures and got a ton of questions about this ride so I figured I'd post the old pictures.

This was a joint venture build between Ian Roussel and Cacho Customs out of Slymar. There was some talk about what it cost to build this car but as you can see it took a ton of work for the end result.

Enjoy the pictures. If you get a chance to see it in person remember these.

James

Attached Files:

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

At Santa Maria 2010

Attached Files:

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there is not one flowing line left on the car. to much 57 in the window details. the nose looks like a shovel and the roof/ windshield lines are going everywhere with no continuity or flow. to top it off, it appears to be sprouting out of the ground like some hideous weed. i say spray it with insecticide. hopefully the car looks better in person.

ratty_aussie likes this.
  4. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

I like it. Cool way to do up a cool car. Thats all.

5. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I can appreciate the work involved, and the paintwork looks nice......but the car has no flow at all. Looks broken IMHO.

ratty_aussie likes this.
  6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

There was a lot of love/hate responses at the show. I love a Radical Kustom that looks like someone stretched a handful of taffy. Long and Low. There are some things on this car I would have changed but who the hell am I. I can't finish my own shit much less knock someone elses.

I like most of you can appreciate all the time and effort involved even if I don't like a particular car. To get this car from that scrap of a 5 window was no small task by any means.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  7. Man... that's ugly.

Sam

8. 133

i thought that was one of those 'glass cars based off of that "SCRAPE" from a few years ago.

9. kustomkat

kustomkat

I can totally appreciate the talent and work it took to make it a reality. But, it is really not my taste...

10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Front window needs to be split. Back of rear fenders needs to be toned down. The rest is all right - I think it would look better with bumpers too.

11. Muttley

Muttley

12. Dont hold anything back. Get it of your chest :D:D
    But you are right, i dont like either
    Lars

ratty_aussie likes this.
  13. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

mmm. the window detail ruins it.
    black rubber windscreen surround? come on, thats just lazy.

1987 Called, they want the cal-look back.

14. howco

howco

Sorry furbiscuit, I have to totally disagree with you, that beauty flows real good, looks better than the original, it's a beauty, love it......keep it up!!!!!!

15. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

to quote a friend "to each his own"

16. The_Monster

The_Monster

I appreciate the metal working skills, and there are some little things I like, but cant stand the way those doors are chopped off at the front and theyre soo thin. And with no window frame they look like theyre off a CJ-5 jeep or somethin.

17. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

Saw it both times.
    All of the above... especially the lack of flow.

18. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

That's pretty terrible looking.

19. As above.

20. kisam

kisam

I must be looking at different pictures??? I love that car. I think they left just enough Zephyr in it and enhanced the "art deco". Stance is perfect.

21. Rikster

Rikster

"Stance is perfect"....

I think you are really looking at a different set of photos. Because the car in the photos posted above does NOT have a stance. It has a broken suspension front and rear... and just lays flat on the floor. That is NOT called Stance!!!

22. rixrex

rixrex

I love Zephyrs...that one missed in my worthless opinion..there is something about how the roofline flows down to the trunk and down to the bumper that doesn't look right..let me clean my glasses and look at it again...

23. Weasel

Weasel

To each their own but to me this misses the mark totally - but then there are people who think Clenets, Excaliburs and Zimmers are beautiful....:rolleyes:

24. That pretty much sums it up in one post....I think anyone here can appreciate the metal work/time and the paint but the style misses the mark from a traditional viewpoint...

25. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

How about a few pics of Zephyrs done right for comparison?

26. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it lost all its 'zephyr-ness.' zephyrs have slightly awkward proportions, and to me, that is their charm. you can give one a chop, and massage it here and there, but it needs to retain its essence. and this car doesn't. i'm not an author, or a teacher, but i am a student. and as a student i say i don't like this book. the story has potential, but misses big.

27. skywolf

skywolf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50Raggsled and kidcampbell71 like this.
  28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The car's wrong, it has no flow, all that work too.

29. It has no flow & looks like a blob!! they should of started with a 3w not that club coupe. The roof is too short. In the front 3/4 shot the rear deck looks as though it needs a pickup bed.

30. big creep

big creep

soo much hate here! but i wouldnt expect anything less from the HAMB, but its a cool radical custom. its cool to see something different from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.