Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 santa maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ritpichette, May 31, 2010.

1. The 29th annual West Coast Kustoms Cruisin Nationals in Santa Maria was a huge success.

Lets hear some input us this years show.

The cruise, the music, the bowling alley, the show, and everything and anything else. What did you think???????????

2. John Denich

John Denich

Had a blast what a great show! the cruise was great! You guys did a great job...Thanks!

John

3. sodaturk

sodaturk
    from san diego

The cruise was the perfect addition...getting back to the old Paso days...lots of good people this year..

4. concreteman

concreteman

Great Show -super cruise
    -need one line to get in on Saturday

5. olpaul

olpaul

It was great. The cruise Friday night was the best. It's starting to get the "Paso" feel to it.

6. cruzr

cruzr

It was great.....cruise{thumbs up} show{thumbs up} evrything else {thumbs up}

32gal and I had a great time

heres the "money shot" ol Geoge Barris hamming it up for the cruise

Attached Files:

7. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

First time at Santa Maria had a great time !!! ready for next year !!!!

8. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

I had a GREAT Time the entire weekend!

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Show was great, cruise was great.

Suggestions:
    - Move the award ceremony up to 2 PM
    - Find a vendor that sells ice cream
    - Better organized entry on Saturday (one line, or a separate staging area -- something.)

10. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Man we had a great time. I had a friend fly in from Vegas and another from Australia. Made a ton of new friends and got to see some old ones I haven't seen in awhile. The cruise was great,the show was great and as mentioned above some ice cream would have capped off a wonderful day.

11. blackout

blackout

Youre still a punk, but I like your show

[​IMG]

12. concreteman

concreteman

Forgot ice cream would be great

13. DaRatt13

DaRatt13
    from SoCal

This was the best Santa Maria show yet! The cruise nite was great as well as the Spearment Rhino views. Keep up the good work and each year it gets better.

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have to agree with the ice cream.:)

15. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

The show was great. I agree on the one line to get in Sat morning because my buddies and I got separated by the other line coming across. Other than that the show was great. Maybe get a vendor serving up some Santa Maria style BBQ too!

16. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Great show overall! The Cruise reminded me of the old days.
    I agree with most of the other guys ideas. Thankfully i missed the line...I got there at 8.
    Worked as a vendor this year..I have to say it was a different but cool experience...I was in the Stripers room...it got to me and most of the people about mid day. Surprized me too...because i stripe but when you have that much mineral spiritsa nd one shot opened up it's get nasty. Maybe a few fans to get air moving next year???

17. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Traveled from Gilbert, Az. for the show. Fridays cruise was fantastic!!
    Great show!!:)

18. kustomkat

kustomkat

I went into the strippers area just for the contact high.. DON'T JUDGE ME!!! As a local, I took advantage of the "right of way" situation at the gate. (Spent many years since 1990 of 3-4 am in Paso waiting in line) Really great show, I am a local, and HUGE supporter of the Pichette/WCK cause. I will ALWAYS support it. But, in all fairness, perhaps something in the entry department may be in order. Not really sure of the solution, as the waiting area is kind of on the oppositie side of the street. Everybody loves ice cream, and who can argue with that.... See you next year and every year after that....

19. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

great show, great cruise and great after party at the bowling alley................

20. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Umm, I thought the $60 entry fee was steep. Other than that it was a good time. If the price goes up again, I probly wont enter a car next year :(

21. sledish

sledish

The cruise, the cruise, the cruise ! Glad it came back... I will be back next year for sure.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Santa Maria needs to move north. can't wait for the big earthquake to hit.

23. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

The Cruise really made the weekend, last year no one knew what to do. The girls from the Spearment Rino spiced things up on "Broadway" friday night. (anyone get any pics of that sidewalk show?) Saturday was great, and I agree with the others that 1 or a 2 lane line on Stowell only would be better or more fair for those whe arrive early. Several of us were in line at 6am and earlier parked on a residential street accross from gate 5 and guys who arrived at 7am drove right in.
    Sunday was very light, any many didn't stay. Let's brainstorm an idea to get cars to stay or show up on Sunday. Maybe an incentive or a way to get cars to stay longer. I like the idea of moving up awards ceremony to 1 or 2pm.
    We all had a great time and want to thank Penny, WCK, and the City of Santa Maria for not giving up on this show.

24. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Really good show. But do need some ventalation in the stripers room.

Cant wait till next year.

25. Any more input.

Next year will be our 30th anniversary. we want to make it better.

26. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Did we mention the Icecream??:D

27. John Denich

John Denich

like has been said! just control the entry on Sat better! stage the cars better.

But great show!

28. John Denich

John Denich

I am going to sell Ice Cream out of my trunk next year! Dry Ice and a cooler! I will be rich WOOHOO!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  29. The show has improved every year. Great job, the cruise livened things up considerably. I agree with the comment about Sunday, the place was pretty dead compared to Saturday. A lot less lookers so it was a lot nicer to check things out, but there weren't all the cars either. Move up awards time.
    Thanks for a great time folks.

30. nwheels

nwheels
    from Washington

First time for me to make it to the show, or to California for that matter. I thought the show blew away any other I've been to but what happened to the current big names in customizing? I was hoping to see a few more current magazine feature cars, is there some battle between WCK and them right now? Didn't see anything as far as OZ cars, or any of the other newer guys? Either way I'll try and make it again next year and maybe have some extra money to buy a few more things in the vendor area.