Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac Nostalgia Super Stock Stolen in Illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, May 31, 2010.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

[​IMG]

Rich Killian's Pontiac and trailer were stolen from a storage facility in Yorkville, IL. If you spot it, please notify the authorities immediately.

You can PM me if you need, or have, information regarding the theft.

2. Man, that sucks! Eye's peeled in TN but it's probably already out of the country.

3. moses

moses

oh shit not another one any cameras in the area...jeffrey

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

keep this fresh

5. redhawk74

redhawk74

hope for the best.....

6. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Good job Bob we need to keep this on top hopefully it get's found

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

back up for the evening crowd

8. do you have any details on the trailer(color or picture)

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

all these trailers getting stolen. my buddies trailer has a round tube up front. the coupler or whatever you want to call it slides into that, so when the trailer is left unattended you can't just hook up and go since there is nothing up front but a round tube.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you have any idea in what is involved in shipping a car out of the US? Everytime something gets stolen this line is trotted out. Please dont jump to such wild conclusions that all the villians are OUTSIDE the US. :mad: Its not like my country was founded as a penal colony....

12. jokerjason

jokerjason

That totally sucks ass!!! All that hard work put into something and then some fruitloops decide to steal it. I'll keep an eye out for sure, good luck man, JOKER JASON.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I sold a car to a guy in the UK. I never gave the paperwork to the guy who picked it up, and never heard anything about it. so a car evidentally can be shipped without the proper paperwork. don't know if they run it to see if it were stolen.

14. Yeah, stick it in a container and bury it in boxes of Bollywood Indian DVDs... not that hard.

I too have sold cars that went overseas with no paperwork or titles or anything and I even have pictures of the last one in Norway or Sweden or wherever it went.

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Up for everybody's friend, Bob.

17. For Immediate Release<o></o>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
    Contact: Don Keefe, Keefe Media International 585.489.9826<o></o>
    Richard Killian’s 1962 Catalina Nostalgia Super Stock Racecar Stolen <o></o>
    Nostalgia Super Stock racer Rich Killian, from Orland Park, Illinois, has suffered a tremendous setback this past Memorial Day Weekend. On May 31<sup>st</sup>, his Bamboo Cream 1962 Catalina Racecar was stolen, along with the enclosed trailer that it was stored in.
    The theft took place in the parking lot of Rick’s Racecraft in Yorkville, Illinois. The Catalina can be identified by the cream-colored paint, red Ventura interior and “Super Chief” graphics on the rear quarter panels.
    The 535 cubic-inch Pontiac engine is rather unique and is based on an IA-2 Pontiac block, Edelbrock heads and a Wenzler intake manifold. Photos of it are provided for identification purposes.
    The Catalina is registered and street-legal, with Illinois antique car plates. The license number is 62INJN (Illinois Antique) and the VIN is 962W2877. The trailer is a white 28-foot Haulmark with “ARC Environmental Engineering” logos on the sides. Its license number is 65591TD (Illinois) and its VIN is 16HGB28217H156139.
    A trailer fitting this description was spotted headed east on Route I-94 headed east about 1:00 pm Sunday May 30<sup>th</sup> between Kalamazoo and Marshall. U.S. and Canadian customs and border patrol authorities have been notified. Any leads or other information would be greatly appreciated. Please call Rich Killen at (708) 460-7373.
    <!--EndFragment-->

Attached Files:

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thank you for the additional information

19. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

keepin an eye out up here in WI

20. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Unbelievable!!

At this rate maybe we should have a special forum for "stolen."

21. mj40's

mj40's

Lets clean this up so we can read it;

For Immediate Release

Richard Killian&#8217;s 1962 Catalina Nostalgia Super Stock Racecar Stolen

Nostalgia Super Stock racer Rich Killian, from Orland Park, Illinois, has suffered a tremendous setback this past Memorial Day Weekend. On May 31st, his Bamboo Cream 1962 Catalina Racecar was stolen, along with the enclosed trailer that it was stored in.

The theft took place in the parking lot of Rick&#8217;s Racecraft in Yorkville, Illinois. The Catalina can be identified by the cream-colored paint, red Ventura interior and &#8220;Super Chief&#8221; graphics on the rear quarter panels.

The 535 cubic-inch Pontiac engine is rather unique and is based on an IA-2 Pontiac block, Edelbrock heads and a Wenzler intake manifold. Photos of it are provided for identification purposes.

The Catalina is registered and street-legal, with Illinois antique car plates. The license number is 62INJN (Illinois Antique) and the VIN is 962W2877. The trailer is a white 28-foot Haulmark with &#8220;ARC Environmental Engineering&#8221; logos on the sides. Its license number is 65591TD (Illinois) and its VIN is 16HGB28217H156139.

A trailer fitting this description was spotted headed east on Route I-94 headed east about 1:00 pm Sunday May 30th between Kalamazoo and Marshall. U.S. and Canadian customs and border patrol authorities have been notified. Any leads or other information would be greatly appreciated. Please call Rich Killen at (708) 460-7373.

22. I am glad to be sharing this info with you. Rich is a very nice guy and we profiled his car last October in Smoke Signals magazine (the POCI monthly). I am really hoping that there is a positive outcome here- once they are stolen, the survival rate drops by the hour. Please share this information with anyone and on any other message boards. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to call. Thanks again!

DJK

23. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I'm not up on what a IA-2 block is but I ASSume it's an Aluminium block, Hope like Hell you find this one it's a Damn Nice Car

24. The IA-2 is an extreme-duty traditional Pontiac block available as cast-iron or aluminum. His is cast-iron. This is a beautifully engineered car and I hope it is recovered intact.

25. Lucky3

Lucky3

Another stolen trailer/race car.....Jeeeez that SUCKS !!

I lived in a large metro and attended at seminar on "Steeling Stuff" put on by the Sheriff's Department. A few interesting points that I took away and use are.....

1) Trailer's are rarely stolen by using the ball hitch. They use the safety chains and wrap them around the ball on their truck and drive off....Lock your safety chains tightly also so the thieves cannot use this technique.

2) After trailer is parked, simply remove the lug nuts from wheel(s) on one side of the trailer. As long as the trailer is not moved, nothing happens. If the trailer is moved, the wheel(s) come off !!!!!

3) Spray paint your last name in very LARGE letters on the roof of the trailer. Can be spotted from the air very easily this way and most thieves are not smart enought to look on the roof anyway !!

4) If you overnight somewhere with truck/trailer remove one or more of the vital fuses from the truck's fuse box. I remove the fuel pump fuse and ignition fuse. This one is really easy and very effective.

5) If you have a electric jack on the trailer, run it out (extended) all the way and then use a hidden electric cut off switch to the battery such as used on a race car to shut the power off.

6) Of course "Lo Jack" makes a stand alone system for trailers, etc.

Just some thoughts on how to make it more difficult to steal our stuff !!!!!

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

This sucks. I know of that car. SUGGESTION: Go to Steve Barcacks Pontiac Heaven website and ask if he'd post something about the car. Also, Very important - go to PERFORMANCE YEARS website which has the largest Pontiac Forum on the planet and post something on there. They actually have a Lost, Found, Stolen section on there. Best of luck finding the car.

27. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Well kep our eyes peeled here in the Detroit area.

28. Already done

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

keep your eyes peeled

30. Same for Flint and surrounding;no jobs,no cash here though. Not aware of anyone around here that would show interest in the car. Trailer's another matter. Eyes are open.